Getting to be time for some Football?

Rclark

Re: Getting to be time for some Football?
« Reply #20 on: 7 Sep 2012, 09:33 pm »

Any of you guys gonna diddle around with Madden 13? It's actually.. pretty damned good this time.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #21 on: 7 Sep 2012, 10:48 pm »
Pats vs 49ers in the Superbowl. You heard it here first.

Doc
Not a bad pick.  Wonder if Green Bay can whup the Niners.  When it matters most.

Wonder if Buffulo will surprise this year like last year?  May-be. 

jimdgoulding

« Reply #22 on: 9 Sep 2012, 08:53 pm »
Well, Buffalo GOT surprised today, alright.  New Orleans, also, at home while their conference rival racked up 40 points on the road.  I would have loved to have seen the Jets game.  A tip of the ole hat to those bro's.  Houston looked strong but that rookie QB at Miami looks to have some serious potential down the road.   

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #23 on: 9 Sep 2012, 09:48 pm »
Well, Buffalo GOT surprised today, alright.  New Orleans, also, at home while their conference rival racked up 40 points on the road.  I would have loved to have seen the Jets game.  A tip of the ole hat to those bro's.  Houston looked strong but that rookie QB at Miami looks to have some serious potential down the road.   

No surprise with Buffalo for me. 0-4 for the preseason, now 0-5. Only surprise in that game was the number of points the duel quarterback Jet's scored. 48-28

Cheers,
Robin

twitch54

« Reply #24 on: 9 Sep 2012, 09:49 pm »
Well, Buffalo GOT surprised today, alright. 

no surprise.......Bills suck !......again....

jimdgoulding

« Reply #25 on: 9 Sep 2012, 09:58 pm »
No surprise with Buffalo for me. 0-4 for the preseason, now 0-5. Only surprise in that game was the number of points the duel quarterback Jet's scored. 48-28

Cheers,
Robin
I hadn't realized they were 0 for 4 in the pre season.  What up wit dat?  They had some pretty good acquisitions in the off season and a run last year.  Didn't they?  Detroit got a scare.  They had to come from behind.  Looks like RG3 is a mover and a shaker.  How can you not like this kid.  He's gonna penetrate some defenses looks like, a bunch.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #26 on: 9 Sep 2012, 10:18 pm »
I hadn't realized they were 0 for 4 in the pre season.  What up wit dat?

Thay ain't worth a schit.   :jester:

roscoeiii

« Reply #27 on: 9 Sep 2012, 10:27 pm »
Competition wasn't much (sorry Indy ACers), but the Bears looked good today. Put up lots of points. D gave up more points than I would have liked. A bit worried that Urlacher didn't play much, but that does get him more rest and less wear before the Packers game on Thursday.

jackman

« Reply #28 on: 10 Sep 2012, 12:43 pm »
Jay Cutler finally has a receiver who can catch the ball and more than a micro second in the pocket!  He made some throws yesterday that very few QBs in the league can make.  Jay isn't in the elite class yet but he may have the strongest arm in the game.   If the Bears can give him protection, Cutler could have a pro bowl season. 

The Packers looked bad, and Detroit almost lost to one of the worst teams.  Looking forward to the upcoming Packers game against the Bears!  Also, did anyone see Pererskn's return?  Major knee reconstruction in December and he looks great.  If he is back for real, the Queens could win a few games.

Also, even though Luck made some rookie mistskes, he showed flashes if greatness.  I hink he will be one if the best young QB's very soon.  There were several drops and missreads.  He showed poise in a game he had no chance of winning. Indy needs a big receiver. Wayne is small and old and they lost Garson. 

Go Bears!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #29 on: 10 Sep 2012, 02:06 pm »
I think Luck is a comer, too.  Good to be the season for some Football, cooler temps and Fall color.  Invigorating, innit.   

Rclark

« Reply #30 on: 10 Sep 2012, 04:22 pm »
Oooh that was horrible, and they could have so easily won that..  :scratch:

sts9fan

« Reply #31 on: 10 Sep 2012, 04:44 pm »
Did someone forget to tell the Steelers they were playing Payton Manning?

jackman

« Reply #32 on: 10 Sep 2012, 05:52 pm »
I think Luck is a comer, too.  Good to be the season for some Football, cooler temps and Fall color.  Invigorating, innit.

I think Luck is being treated unfairly by the media today.  RGIII had a great first game and people are already starting to question Indy's decision to draft Luck first.  I'd still take Luck over RGIII but I think they will both be very good QB's in this league.  Indy is just a bad team, and Washington has so many more weapons.  People forget that Washington was a playoff team last year and I believe they almost won with Sexy Rexy at the helm in the playoffs.  I was there when Sexy Rexy carved up the Giants on their home field last year, a Superbowl team.   Luck had very little time to throw and has bad receivers (except Wayne who is old).   

Also, people are comparing Luck's performance to Payton Manning's!  This is insane.  Luck has a LONG way to go before we can even mention him in the same sentence as Manning but I don't think Payton could have beat the Bears yesterday (if he was with the Colts) with the poor line play and lack of receivers they had.  Also, Indy played almost no defense after the first quarter.   Manning is on a very talented team, Denver, with lots of weapons on offense and a very solid defense.  This year's Bronco team should easily win their division if Manning stays in one piece.  He's taken a few good hits and looks to be holding up well.  It's too early to tell but the Broncos looked very good yesterday. 

Indy was the worst team in football last year and I think they will beat some teams this year.  Looking at their schedule, they have a decent  shot at beating the Vikings, Cleveland, Jacksonville, St. Louis,  KC and possibly Detroit (if they play as bad as their opening game).  If they win 5 or 6 games this season it would be a major turn-around for the Colts. 

RClark, your team had trouble with a BAD Cardinals team.  The game should have never come down to the last play.  Things get tougher for the Seahawks over the next few weeks and they could be looking at 0-7 or 1-6 to start the season.   I don't see them getting close to the Niners. 

Rclark

« Reply #33 on: 10 Sep 2012, 06:08 pm »

Yeah and that last play just looked like a bunch of clowns out there. They'll meet up again in December.. Not ready to give up on the 'Hawks yet. Yeah, Niner's? Maybe not this season.. but I think if they can gell with our new QB, we have some good guys on there, I think if not this season then next season they should be a team to reckon with..

jimdgoulding

« Reply #34 on: 10 Sep 2012, 06:15 pm »
The team not getting talked about here much- well, Rclark mentioned them- is the 49's.  They got everything it takes and a coach who can mobilize men.  Pittsburg played pretty well and I think we will see better from them.  The 49's will be in the playoffs.  They may even go undefeated. 

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #35 on: 10 Sep 2012, 07:27 pm »
Fun weekend! I'm glad to have the Season underway. All I want now is my hour of sleep back when Daylight Savings Time finally ends.  8)

My Saints looked porous. Given the  interim-to-the-interim coaching situation, I'll just let it go for the season.

RGIII appears to be the real deal, more than any other rookie QB of the current Class. I hope he does well, the Redskins deserve it.

Peyton was really something. He was training his team to believe in him, and his passes were spot on to sow the future. It can only get better if they all believe in him (and protect him).

Chicago might actually have a team. I will never fully believe in Jay, but they sure look good.

The Jets are, aptly, the wildcard for me. They looked mighty fine.

As previously stated, I think the 49'ers will...

Go Saints,

Jerry

roscoeiii

« Reply #36 on: 10 Sep 2012, 07:30 pm »
49ers looked good for sure last night. A team I keep my eyes on.

And the Bears at GB on Thursday will be telling. Nice to have Indy as a warm-up game. But Thursday is a test.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #37 on: 10 Sep 2012, 07:45 pm »
Mr. Vick may ultimately find himself in the dog pound if he continues as he did yesterday. Four INTs is hardly worthy of a starter's salary. Given the constant injuries that dog him, the future is questionable, at best.

:lol:

jackman

« Reply #38 on: 10 Sep 2012, 07:56 pm »
Hey Guys,

I agree regarding the 49ers.  They have a very solid team with a good defense, and one of the top young coaches.  I don't think they will go undefeated but they look great out of the gate.  If they keep this up, they will be tough to beat.  If you recall, they came pretty close to going to the SB last year. 

Although I only saw the highlights, RGIII looks really good.  The Skins are a pretty good team (they were good last year with a mediocre QB group) and RGIII might take them to the next level.  It will be interesting to see who will be better, RGIII or Luck. 

Jay Cutler started out bad, with a pick-six, but made up for it quickly.  He has to become more consistent and make better decisions if he is ever going to be in the elite class, but he has great physical tools.   I believe Cutler has the strongest arm in the NFL and is very accurate when he has time.  He is not in the top 5 yet but has the skills to get there.  The Bears' O-line is another matter and I hope they keep him from getting his brains scrambled this year. 

twitch54

« Reply #39 on: 10 Sep 2012, 09:33 pm »
The 49's will be in the playoffs.  They may even go undefeated.

playoffs....are you talking playoffs....yeah, maybe, as usual NFC West = weak division

as for undefeated.......... :lol: