VCR/DVD Recorder Help

LadyDog

VCR/DVD Recorder Help
« on: 1 Feb 2006, 10:14 pm »
Ok, I have a ton of old tapes that I would like to transfer to dvd.  Really tired of them taking up space and I'm not even sure we have a vcr anymore.

They are mostly my kids movies and I am not too concerned about the transfer quality.  Don't want to spend much on the player either because after transfering the 200+ tapes I may never use it again, so maybe $200?  And the less expensive the better.  Though I guess if I bought one with a hard drive it may get used.  Do they even make one with a vcr/dvd and hard drive?

Any suggestions or thoughts?  Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,
Jeff

F-100

VCR/DVD Recorder Help
« Reply #1 on: 1 Feb 2006, 10:35 pm »
Jeff,
  I'm using a Liteon LVW-5005 DVD recorder to transfer all my old VHS and 8mm tapes to DVD. It's very easy and simple process. Just connect your source (VHS player) to the back of the DVD recorder, insert a blank DVD into a DVD recorder, press "Play" on the VHS player  and "Record" on the DVD recorder. That is all to it!!

The Liteon LVW-5005 cost less than $150, here is the link:
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=170665&affiliate=yahoo

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
VCR/DVD Recorder Help
« Reply #2 on: 2 Feb 2006, 12:18 am »
There is also a Cyberhome model sold at BB for abut $100 I think. Read up on it at the AVS Forum site.

I decided to get a Sony GX315? since I had some specific needs.

LadyDog

VCR/DVD Recorder Help
« Reply #3 on: 2 Feb 2006, 01:35 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions guys.  I'm not even sure I have a vcr anymore.  So guess I should be more specific, how about ones that have the vcr and dvd recorder built into the same unit.

Any thoughts now?

I guess a $50 vcr and $150 dvd recorder puts about the same place, though with an extra box lying around.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Jeff

F-100

VCR/DVD Recorder Help
« Reply #4 on: 3 Feb 2006, 06:05 pm »