Pictures of TOTAL LOW WATT SYSTEMS (pictures and brief sentence-no more)

arthurs

Really nice clean looking setup and room.  As good as it looks, I'm sure it even sounds better.

Thanks, it's a really enjoyable system that I can listen to for hours.

roscoe65

Ohhh....gotcha. I was thinking it was a variation of the Decware horn (random Google image):

The Decware horn is "inspired" by the Jensen Imperial.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Yes indeed, I forgot all about that!  :thumb:

fliz

Full eXemplar system w/ Stillpoints throughout.

Closeup of horns w/ isolation

Closeup of Karlson sub

Closeup of custom 300b on component stand w/ outboard PS on FIM ampstand (8wpc)

Closeup of equipment rack (Stillpoints ESS)

Source is an eXemplar modded Oppo.  Pre is the current eXemplar offering.  Third shelf is the PS for the Oppo's tube stage.  Fourth shelf has active crossover and cheap 200w rack amp for the Karlsons.

Se7en

1st low wattage system & horns on a budget.

Mains: Oris 150s w/ TB W1808 drivers. Lows: Tact/Lyngdorf W210 Corner Woofers (double stack). Front End: Lyngdorf TDAI 2200 for Sub amp, time alignment and XO duties. Horn Amps: Quicksilver Horn Monos W/Gold Lion KT-77 reissues. Source: MacBook Pro.

Fresh logs for the fire.

Another pic of the room.

rajacat

• Washington State
Wow! Beautiful system, listening room, art, furniture, cabinetry, refreshments bar ....everything. :thumb:
BTW what brand is the listening chair?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
Spectacular room!
Is your coffee table really what it appears to be?  8)

Se7en

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Re the chair. It's called a Corona chair and we stumbled into it at a Scandinavian furniture that was closing down. It's amazingly comfortable, but perhaps a bit delicate as a full time listening chair.

Re the coffee table. If you mean the temporary amp stand, yes it's temporary but has worked well so far. I'm using isolation under the amps and have noticed any noise or microphonics.

What I will say is that the way these horns unpack sound into a room is simply unreal. I didn't think that it would sound good with the Oris back in the corners, and spent a few days moving them around. At the end of the day, this is where they worked best. They act/sound like a massive, horn loaded, point source.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer

Re the coffee table. If you mean the temporary amp stand, yes it's temporary but has worked well so far. I'm using isolation under the amps and have noticed any noise or microphonics.
In the final image you posted, it appears the "coffee tables" have ports on top. They look like large subwoofers.
In hindsight, I think they're coasters.  :lol:

Se7en

Lol.. Yeah, those are coasters.

Amy would probably "Brain" me if those were subs.  :nono:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
 :lol: My mistake.
But my complements on the room, again. Just beautiful!

arthurs

Fantastic room!

Se7en

Arthur,

Coming from you, I'm really flattered. You probably don't remember me, but a number of years back, I had the honor and pleasure of attending one of your getogethers.

It was all VAC front end, LS9s, some prototype stats, and Danny was demoing his V1s and Dodd battery powered gear downstairs. It's safe to say that the "bar" was strapped to a rocket and fired into the sun that day. I only hope to end up with a room like that some day.

Cheers!

Gabe

arthurs

Gabe, totally remember you, great to hear from you!  Your room is killer, love the look and it must sound incredible. My setup is completely different from what you heard last time.  Hope all is well with you and yours.

Poultrygeist

love it!

arthurs

These followed me home...

danvprod

My updated low wattage system. Decware DFR-8 drivers (2x per side) with Decware 4 watt amp. Vandersteen 2W subs filling out the bottom octave.

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
Se7en, Very nice room!
Well done!!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
These followed me home...

Nice machine, what amp is this?

restrav

200Hz horn BMS 4592 mid compression driver 6L6 set amp, Raal 140-15D tweeter driver 300B, Eminence alpha 15 OB/open backed box driver 6S33S push pull. TT not in use at time of pics,  Denon dvd/sacd player

are thr plan available for public use?
i want to build one ofthese :D