GR Research will be anouncing the BIGGEST developement EVER!

Danny Richie

« Reply #20 on: 25 Aug 2005, 06:46 pm »
I look forward to the 6.5" and hope it's not near as expensive as the Adire driver of similar size

I have no idea what their drivers sell for, but the retail price of our drivers are based solely on our cost. I still have to get the final word from the manufacturer on the cost to produce these and thus my cost, but based on preliminary figures I am guessing the retail price of the 6.5" woofer to be in the $32. a piece range.

Expect it to add four or five dollars to the retail price of my M-130's as well. This could bump up the price of the standard un-shielded version to as high as $27.95 a piece.

RAW

« Reply #21 on: 25 Aug 2005, 07:19 pm »
Yes guys The XBL^2 improvments will make them even better value than the the GR drivers are now.

Hank.
Re the cost of the driver to other smaller XBL^2 drivers.
Danny is the supplier and retailer of his drivers at a cost margine he can live by.

Now the Extremis what is the price point of this driver.Well what does it compete against.Drivers in the $100.00 plus range.
Plus working with dealers reflects the cost.Add a  Neo motor and not cheap level of Neo price goes up

Same applies for the WR drivers and FR drivers.
These are drivers that are marketed to a dealer network.Same as any other speaker manufacture does.

Note this is why Danny is the only person retail the drivers themself. :wink:

Not this is a bad thing.
If Bob at CSS was to only sell his drivers to everone no dealers at all.The price would also be reflected.

Back to the other drivers adding such things as copper to the phase plus,coating of the cone,copper to the pole piece.These are all added costs in the price of the drivers.

Asking to sell the small XBL^2 drivers for this price heck lets just ask all the other speaker manufactures to drop the price down to $25.00-30.00 for drivers retailing in and around $100.00-$150.00.
Think PE or Mad would like spending $25.00 on a driver to sell it for $27.00 and have to hold a inventory of 20-40 of each driver.

Boy that is what I would like to invest in :oops:

Back at the forum.
Danny will have a very good driver at a cost he can retail and maintain  a price point he is happy with selling himself to the public.As well Danny does offer a discount to OEM who do purchase large quantities as well.

Bob Reimer

• http://www.creativesound.ca
« Reply #22 on: 25 Aug 2005, 11:47 pm »
Thanks, Al.

As more and more OEMs and distributors/dealers come on board it is clear that I've made the right decision.  I hope to be able to continue this policy with future drivers as well.

Bob

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #23 on: 4 Sep 2005, 04:25 pm »
Al, I don't understand what points you were trying to make to me.  I, and probably several members completely understand what you're saying.  I've been in electronics manufacturing for many years and do understand that every feature an engineer adds to a product also adds to the cost, despite some people ignoring that fact.  Good luck with your expanded speaker line.  :D

Trying to sell speakers on the side, building one set at a time continues to be very difficult.  Lately, my bud and I have been discussing building an NC router system over the next year or so.  He will retire next August and expand his current side business of refinishing rifle and shotgun stocks and fabricating pistol grips out of solid rosewood, ironwood and a couple of other exotic hardwoods.  He could really reduce the labor content of his pistol grips with an NC router, and he and I could pump out a lot of speaker baffles per hour - what a difference from my current one pair at a time.  Oh well, enough rambling.   Looking forward to Danny's new drivers!  :mrgreen:

Dougie085

« Reply #24 on: 28 Nov 2005, 07:54 pm »
When exactly are we going to see these drivers arrive? i was thinking about ordering a kit soon and if these new drivers are going to be here soon i can wait a litle longer.

Danny Richie

XBL woofers
« Reply #25 on: 28 Nov 2005, 09:04 pm »
Both the new M-130 and the new 6.5" woofers to be used in the new line sources are still in the works. Samples of each were recently sent over and then forwarded to Dan Wiggins for assessment.  

Both looked good but BL was a little on the low side. They are redoing them now with larger magnets to see if they can get the BL up and then the rest of the parameters should come into line.

I am pressuring them for the line source woofers first as many are waiting on them. Then I'll have them do a run of 8 ohm M-130's. My guess would be some time in January before I see a shipment of M-130's if all goes well.

arthurs

« Reply #26 on: 29 Nov 2005, 03:30 am »
Are these for the impending "mega-arrays" you've hinted at?  If so, does that put the timeline around January?

IronForge

« Reply #27 on: 29 Nov 2005, 05:22 pm »
Danny, do you plan to upgrade your HT kits offered in this forum with XBL^2?  (after the line sources)

Danny Richie

« Reply #28 on: 29 Nov 2005, 05:51 pm »
Are these for the impending "mega-arrays" you've hinted at? If so, does that put the timeline around January?

The 6.5" woofers being made are for the new line sources. If all goes well I might have them here and ready to deliver some time in January.

Danny, do you plan to upgrade your HT kits offered in this forum with XBL^2? (after the line sources)

If the XBL^ M-130 works out then I will offer it in my A/V series kits. I am keeping my fingers crossed as well.

IronForge

« Reply #29 on: 8 Dec 2005, 08:53 pm »
The 6.5" woofers being made are for the new line sources. If all goes well I might have them here and ready to deliver some time in January.

If the XBL^ M-130 works out then I will offer it in my A/V series kits. I am keeping my fingers crossed as well.

Danny, if all things go well, how much time after the initial launch do you think the kits will be modified?

My GR sub will be lonely without the rest of the kit. ;)

Danny Richie

« Reply #30 on: 8 Dec 2005, 09:01 pm »
Danny, if all things go well, how much time after the initial launch do you think the kits will be modified?

I can't say yet. They are still working on increasing the BL to get the specs to fall in line with where they are supposed to be. They had to tool up for some new parts to do this.

I am still hoping for a drop in replacement. If not, I'll rework the crossovers in the A/V series speakers around the new woofer specs.

alotaklipsch

« Reply #31 on: 9 Dec 2005, 12:40 am »
Danny,

How will your line arrays compare to Epipahny 12/12?

I really NEED to Know ASAP 8)

Steve

Danny Richie

« Reply #32 on: 9 Dec 2005, 04:12 am »

Fairly comparable in many ways. The LS-6 and LS-9 will use larger woofers and will have a fuller sound to them with more low end extension but might give up and edge to them in the extreme detail department.

alotaklipsch

« Reply #33 on: 13 Dec 2005, 04:33 am »
Quote from: Danny

Fairly comparable in many ways. The LS-6 and LS-9 will use larger woofers and will have a fuller sound to them with more low end extension but might give up and edge to them in the extreme detail department.

DANNY,

HOW BOUT A WORLD CLASS, COST NO OPTION SPEAKER FOR ME :dance:  :lol:

Danny Richie

« Reply #34 on: 13 Dec 2005, 02:46 pm »
HOW BOUT A WORLD CLASS, COST NO OPTION SPEAKER FOR ME  

Well, I do have something really big in the works... :mrgreen:

trekker

« Reply #35 on: 13 Dec 2005, 03:19 pm »
Quote from: Danny
HOW BOUT A WORLD CLASS, COST NO OPTION SPEAKER FOR ME  

Well, I do have something really big in the works... :mrgreen:

:o

Will this be available as kits or only thru B&M?   :?:

Hank

« Reply #36 on: 13 Dec 2005, 06:24 pm »
Well, I do have something really big in the works...

AH-HAH!!

Danny Richie

« Reply #37 on: 13 Dec 2005, 06:43 pm »
:mrgreen:  More on this one later. LS-6 and LS-9 models first.

arthurs

« Reply #38 on: 13 Dec 2005, 06:58 pm »
I've already promised to relax, behave, and be patient....

:banghead:  :banghead:  :smoke:  :smoke:

Hank

« Reply #39 on: 14 Dec 2005, 05:23 pm »
I've already promised to relax, behave, and be patient....

That's the continual mental challenge to the DIY-er!  :shake:

The only thing keeping me from chomping at the bit is lack of plenty of spare time these days.  Looking at the bright side, at least that's saving me money.