Introduction

68AMX390

Introduction
« on: 24 May 2021, 03:59 am »
I am new to audio circle.  I came across audio circle while searching for info on Odyssey Stratos mono amp, that came with some other stuff I bought.  It is a single mono amp.  I have it hooked up to a Veledyne sub, which I feel is too nice of an amp for this purpose.     
I have 2 systems set up.
The garage system has a Parasound P5 preamp, Aragon 8002 amp (125 watts/channel) for a pair of large Advents, and the Odyssey Stratos running Veledyne sub.  Some may laugh, but the Advents do well in this setting.

The basement system has another Parasound p5 preamp, Aragon 4004 MKii amp (200 watts/channel) running a pair of recapped AR 90's.   
I realize both the amps I am running are getting old and need a tune up.  So, looking at options.   

So, I called Klaus.  My first impression was very good.  I asked about converting the mono Odyssey Stratos back to a stereo amp, and giving it a good tune up.  Klaus explained what my options were.  Then he said he could build another mono amp, to put with the one I have.  He could make a matched mono set, from old stock.   

Now this is right up my alley.  I like clean big power.  I have a set of AR 9's sitting there almost ready to go.  They would be happy with a pair of Stratos driving them.   

A few weeks ago, I sent an email to Klaus reiterating our conversation.  I would like to go ahead with sending my stratos in for a tune up, and then have Klaus build me another mono Stratos to make a pair.  I have not heard back.  My email could have gone to junk mail.  I will wait a little longer and then give Klaus a call.

klaus@odyssey

Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2021, 10:34 am »
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,

can't seem to find it...yes,  call me again..........

Chewbacca

« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2021, 01:37 pm »
Welcome to AC! You’ve come to the right place! :thumb:

Klaus is a master class of a gentleman, and really takes care of you! But yes, with emailing him sometimes they can get lost. He’s just one guy with thousands of customers, I’ve found it’s best to get ahold of him later in the evening. Even sometimes best around 9pm central time.... at least 7-8 years ago. I’m sure he could comment on the best time nowadays if he’d like.

Again - if you can’t get ahold of him right away, be a little patient and persistent, and the guy will take care of you like none else! Can’t give the guy enough praise! Im sure you’re going to love the upgrades!

68AMX390

« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2021, 02:36 am »
Klaus,
It was sent through your website.  So, I do not have a copy.  Can you check there?
Thanks Scott

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2021, 03:36 am »
Klaus,
It was sent through your website.  So, I do not have a copy.  Can you check there?
Thanks Scott

100% better and faster to just call him rather than deal with email.