Introduction

loujetlag

Introduction
« on: 30 May 2020, 02:00 pm »
Hi, my name is Lou G, and I live in North Central NJ.  Lived over most of the US and overseas.  Passionate about live and recorded music.  Play a little, but never mastered any single instrument.  Introduced to high end audio in the late '70's.  Still have a pair of EPI 100 bookshelf speakers and Stax SRX Mkiii from that era, with original boxes for the headphones, which says a lot about how I like to care for gear (for the most part).

Have had tubes early on (Dynaco PAS-3x and Stereo 70), but have been solid state much of the intervening years.  Now getting back into tubes via Rogue and PrimaLuna. 

Love planar and electrostatic speakers, but presently my Maggies are sick, so I'm running Audience 1+1 V2's.  My man cave is my office.  Only sounders and small room speakers at home due to WAF.

In my old age, log, getting into digital audio and electronic music.  I joined because I just acquired a Bryston BDP-2, which I plan to upgrade and also add a Bryston CD player.  I've heard the audiocircle Bryston forums are very good.

Thanks for running a great resource.  Everyone stay well and enjoy the music!

Lou

Phil A

Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2020, 02:26 pm »
Welcome!  Many moons ago I owned EPI 70s (and at one point I had an ST-70 too).

loujetlag

« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2020, 02:54 pm »
Thanks, Phil!  I'm trying to stay both "old and current."  Until I'm not...:)
Lou

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2020, 04:31 pm »
Welcome to AC Lou   :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2020, 10:18 pm »
Welcome Lou  :thumb: