X-Static + X-Voce build

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: X-Static + X-Voce build
« Reply #20 on: 27 Jun 2020, 03:28 pm »

hawkeyejw

« Reply #21 on: 27 Jun 2020, 04:06 pm »
Thanks Tyson! I’m not sure who’s more ready for me to be done with this project, me or my wife.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #22 on: 27 Jun 2020, 04:23 pm »
Either way, I'm certain the payoff will be worth the effort for both of you!

Captainhemo

« Reply #23 on: 27 Jun 2020, 04:25 pm »
A little late to the party here but for you  guys wanting to  wrap veneer around    round overs etc,   
https://www.veneersupplies.com/products/Super-Soft-2-Veneer-Softener-Conditioner.html

Works great.  Buy a jug and you'll  always have it  on hand

jay

hawkeyejw

« Reply #24 on: 27 Jun 2020, 05:21 pm »
Thanks Jay! Funny enough, I did buy a bottle of that but it arrived after I’d already finished these. The veneer I got was super flexible when bending vertically so I didn’t end up needing it.

Jmitchell3

« Reply #25 on: 27 Jun 2020, 06:58 pm »
Those look really great!!!

ebag4

« Reply #26 on: 28 Jun 2020, 12:39 am »
Nice build!  I have no doubt you are going to love the final product.

Best,
Ed

hawkeyejw

« Reply #27 on: 28 Jun 2020, 01:05 am »
Thanks guys! Baffles are all glued up, but couldn’t sneak into the garage to solder everything up. Hopefully tomorrow.

hawkeyejw

« Reply #28 on: 28 Jun 2020, 01:46 am »
Question for you guys on the Voce. I’m only going to have about 2 feet of space from the baffle to the back wall, so it’s not going to be as optimally placed as the Statics. I’m going to get it set up and see how it sounds first, but in terms of room treatment do you think a diffuser would be a better choice than an absorption panel? These are going in a living room in an open concept slab floor with tile, so the space is generally pretty lively. I have some bass traps in the front corners but that’s it at the moment.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #29 on: 28 Jun 2020, 01:49 am »
Question for you guys on the Voce. I’m only going to have about 2 feet of space from the baffle to the back wall, so it’s not going to be as optimally placed as the Statics. I’m going to get it set up and see how it sounds first, but in terms of room treatment do you think a diffuser would be a better choice than an absorption panel? These are going in a living room in an open concept slab floor with tile, so the space is generally pretty lively. I have some bass traps in the front corners but that’s it at the moment.

Yes, diffusion would be my choice.

hawkeyejw

« Reply #30 on: 28 Jun 2020, 02:02 am »
Thanks Mike. I guess I better start looking for diffusers that can pass WAF for the living room.

hawkeyejw

« Reply #31 on: 28 Jun 2020, 05:07 pm »
Assembled! Working on hooking them up shortly but likely won’t have time to fine tune today. Have a bit of cable cleanup and touch up to do once I confirm all works, but I’m very happy with how they look! Now for the moment of truth where I find out if my wiring and soldering is all good!  :?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #32 on: 28 Jun 2020, 06:04 pm »
That's so clean!

Jmitchell3

« Reply #33 on: 28 Jun 2020, 06:08 pm »
Congrats those look great!

Killian Smith

• Industry Participant
« Reply #34 on: 28 Jun 2020, 07:35 pm »
Beautifully done! So clean.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #35 on: 28 Jun 2020, 08:44 pm »
Dude... Those are gorgeous! I love the flat black you used for the sealed cabinets! I hope you can get a lil time to enjoy them goday!

hawkeyejw

« Reply #36 on: 28 Jun 2020, 08:51 pm »
Thanks guys! I have them hooked up and they officially work. Definitely a relief not to have any troubleshooting to do. They’re not dialed in at all yet, I just got to listen to a couple pop songs for my 5 year old to dance to but I did throw on Solitary Man by Johnny Cash which is well recorded acoustic guitar and it put a huge smile on my face. More later but so far I’m very happy!

Doublej

« Reply #37 on: 28 Jun 2020, 10:47 pm »
Are those magic tuning dots on the floor?

AlexH

« Reply #38 on: 28 Jun 2020, 11:26 pm »
Those turned out great!!!

That pic of you next to your new speakers is cool, but somehow I would have thought you were older. :lol:

hawkeyejw

« Reply #39 on: 28 Jun 2020, 11:30 pm »
Are those magic tuning dots on the floor?

Yes, my son is a savant in the psychophysiological effects of 5th reflections on soundstage and imaging. After he put those in my wife immediately called me from the grocery store and told me the difference was obvious and nothing short of astonishing.