jimdgoulding

Re: What are you watching right now?
« Reply #60 on: 25 Dec 2007, 12:35 am »
Fixin to put on Eastern Promises.

SET Man

« Reply #61 on: 28 Dec 2007, 07:09 am »
Hey!

I'm watching WNET Thirteen channel 13 (NYC) Currently showing "Soundtrack of The Century"

I've seen this before but not every episodes. Excellent documentary about popular music since the turn of the last Century.

If this interested you turn to that channel now or check your local listing for time and rerun.

http://www.thirteen.org/index.php

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

Night_Train

« Reply #62 on: 28 Dec 2007, 01:52 pm »
Nothing......hehehe....hehehehe........

jimdgoulding

« Reply #63 on: 29 Dec 2007, 04:28 am »
Call me jaded but I didn't think Eastern Promises was hittin on jacks***.  Just when it got interesting, it went flat.  Maybe I was expecting too much.   Stylistically- I was expecting more- it was fine.  But just to compare, I whipped out Collateral by Micheal Mann.  This movie has a dumb premise but it is a beautiful thing to watch.  Color saturation and definition are top shelf.  Speaking of MM, a nice touch he used in Miami Vice (dismal) was when the FBI informants were shot in the beginning, rather than having the bullets penetrating the windshield and the little blood things exploding in the actors' shirts, the camera was in the back seat where the seat backs were being blown out by thru and thrus.  The terror was more effective on me than the former would have been.  I admire directors that leave something to the imagination.  Going back to the director of EP, somebody needs to tell me why critics think the director, David Croneberg, is so cool.  Last year's History of Violence was more of the same, an old story with new wrappings and Crash (before the studios became interested in this cat) was a movie for the hipper than thou and, sure nuff, became a cult hit.  Predictable, in my opinion.  For drama, The Coen Bros are in a class by themselves.  Pardon the rant.   

Scott F.

« Reply #64 on: 30 Dec 2007, 02:00 am »
Just finished watching....

and another good little movie.....

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #65 on: 30 Dec 2007, 02:36 am »
The NY Giants beating the undefeated Patriots at halftime (21-16).

George

mjosef

« Reply #66 on: 30 Dec 2007, 04:55 am »
Just finished up watching the Bourne Ultimatum...man, that was a rush...was not expecting it to pick up right where the last one ended...definitely 4 stars minimum.

JoshK

« Reply #67 on: 30 Dec 2007, 05:13 am »
Just finished Lonely Hearts that was a good but messed up show.

Saw Bourne Ultimatum couple days ago and agree it was very good.  I didn't expect it from a triquel. 

Saw Hot Rod last night, thought it was be at least stupid humor funny....not even that.  It was painful to watch it was so dumb and didn't it come close to humor of any sort.  I don't think a 13 year old boy would think it was funny.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #68 on: 30 Dec 2007, 05:25 am »

Saw Hot Rod last night, thought it was be at least stupid humor funny....not even that.  It was painful to watch it was so dumb and didn't it come close to humor of any sort.  I don't think a 13 year old boy would think it was funny.

Josh.....
You should of tried this "Hot Rod" movie..... :lol:....Link...

mjosef

« Reply #69 on: 4 Jan 2008, 03:31 am »

Just finished watching this on FilmHD(Zoom HD channel)...an amazing mind trip...great cinematography and a soundtrack by Philip Glass that fits like a well worn glove...
I have seen bits and pieces of this here and there throughout the years, but this time I sat down and watched the whole thing from beginning to end. Now I want to see the other two parts of the Trilogy from this docu-film-maker.

Info: http://www.koyaanisqatsi.org/films/koyaanisqatsi.php

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #70 on: 5 Jan 2008, 01:41 am »
A true classic...

George

SET Man

« Reply #71 on: 23 Jan 2008, 04:34 am »
Hey!

"Imagine:John Lennon" 1988  I'm currently watching this on Ovation TV Channel right now. :D

Channel 83 on Time Warner Cable in Queens, NY.

http://www.ovationtv.com/programs/programdetail.aspx?id=510&genre=1&subgenre=10&genre_name=music

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

mjosef

« Reply #72 on: 30 Jan 2008, 05:50 am »

Just finished this...touches on thoughts that passes through my mind...

jimdgoulding

« Reply #73 on: 1 Feb 2008, 07:19 am »
Cable (in the background).  "The Hot Spot".  John Lee and Miles collaborating in the background music.  Probably an overdub but those cats could make great music anyway.  And Jennifer Connelly is painfully pretty!  Don Johnson can actually act, you know.  In this and that flick where he played an LA county sheriff tracking down some race killers.  Dude driving a '57 Golden Hawk.  Trippin me out.

Sonny

« Reply #74 on: 1 Feb 2008, 07:26 am »
Just got done watching the last of the Spiderman series, on Blu-ray!!!

Man, what a picture!!!

Truly amazing...and to think, we once loved VHS, and now, the tapes are collecting dust...

Well, I for one will say that this is were digital "the format" prevails over analogue... BLU-RAY vs VHS

WOW!!!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #75 on: 5 Feb 2008, 01:14 pm »
I'm ready for a kick ass movie what with John McCain lookin like the Republican nominee.  Anybody seen that Jodie Foster movie where she plays a vigilante predator ala Charles Bronson? 

Scott F.

« Reply #76 on: 9 Feb 2008, 01:54 am »
Just a good ole popcorn flick  :thumb:

JoshK

« Reply #77 on: 9 Feb 2008, 03:42 am »
Just finished  Master & Commander: The Far Side of the Earth

Rasta

« Reply #78 on: 9 Feb 2008, 05:01 am »

Just finished watching this on FilmHD(Zoom HD channel)...an amazing mind trip...great cinematography and a soundtrack by Philip Glass that fits like a well worn glove...
I have seen bits and pieces of this here and there throughout the years, but this time I sat down and watched the whole thing from beginning to end. Now I want to see the other two parts of the Trilogy from this docu-film-maker.

Info: http://www.koyaanisqatsi.org/films/koyaanisqatsi.php

One of my favs from art school.  Shockingly beautiful and so poignant! 

nodiak

« Reply #79 on: 10 Feb 2008, 03:37 am »
Have been watching the Battlestar Galactica series. I like it! Only heard of it a few weeks ago. Will be finished with the first 2 seasons in a couple days, then apparently have to wait until late March for dvd's of season 3 to come out. Then I guess season 4 starts in April? Anyway, I like the cgi and several characters are pretty good.
Don

Oh yay, just remembered, a local coffee shop used the Koyaanisqatsi imagery on a t-shirt reading: Sconeandacoffee.