Soundkeeper Recordings "Americas"

bdiament

• Industry Participant
    • Soundkeeper Recordings
Soundkeeper Recordings "Americas"
« on: 19 Oct 2012, 08:01 pm »
Industry Ads was down when this was first released earlier this year, so I'd like to share some information about the latest release from Soundkeeper Recordings, Paul Beaudry & Pathways' "Americas".

“Americas” features a jazz quartet led by Paul Beaudry (who played bass on our “Equinox” release.) Not long before the recording sessions, Paul and his band Pathways, had returned from their Rhythm Road tour of Central and South America and the Caribbean (co-sponsored by Jazz At Lincoln Center and U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs). At each stop on the tour, the band gave concerts as well as seminars for jazz students and they learned local music. “Americas” features songs they learned on the tour, as well as an original by Pathways pianist Bennett Paster.

The recording was done in the same 1908 auditorium in which I recorded “Equinox” and “Confluence”, with Bennett tickling the ivories of the room’s impeccably maintained 1908 Steinway grand. The technical particulars of the recording are what have become Soundkeeper standard: a two-mic stereo array consisting of a matched pair of Earthworks QTC-1 microphones, separated by an absorbent baffle of my own design (a variation on the Jecklin Disk).

The output of the mics connected, via a pair of Nordost Valkyrja cables, to my Metric Halo ULN-8, which converted the signals to digital at 24/192 and fed the laptop hard drive via FireWire. All songs are complete performanced recorded direct to stereo with no overdubs, no mixing. No processing (EQ, compression etc.) was used in the recording or mastering.

The album is available in seven formats:
1. CD pressing
2. one-off CD-R, slow-burned from the hard disk CD master
3. one-off DVD-R (with 24/96 stereo audio, no video beyond the menu,
playable in most DVD players), slow-burned from the hard disk DVD master
4. one-off files-on-disc DVD-R with 24/96 .aif files - for music servers
5. one-off files-on-disc DVD-R with 24/96 .wav files - for music servers
6. one-off files-on-disc DVD-R with 24/192 .aif files - for music servers
7. one-off files-on-disc DVD-R with 24/192 .wav files - for music servers

More information at
http://www.soundkeeperrecordings.com/americas.htm

Best regards,
Barry
www.soundkeeperrecordings.com
www.barrydiamentaudio.com

bdiament

• Industry Participant
    • Soundkeeper Recordings
Re: Soundkeeper Recordings "Americas"
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2012, 04:25 pm »
The latest review came out just last night:
http://audaud.com/2012/10/paul-beaudry-pathways-americas-soundkeeper-recordings-96k-dvd-r/

Please check the Soundkeeper site at www.soundkeeperrecordings.com
for other reviews, samples, session photos and more.

Best regards,
Barry
www.soundkeeperrecordings.com
www.barrydiamentaudio.com