Bybee's in a HT setup?

mca

Bybee's in a HT setup?
« on: 17 Oct 2003, 09:42 pm »
I know a lot of you out there have spoken very highly of Bybee's in the past. I just took my first step and ordered a BPT 2.5 ultra with a couple of them installed.
I am curious if anyone has used them on all their speakers in a full 5.1 setup and if they felt it was worth it?
How about on the digital out of my DVD2900? Then theres my DirecTV also...

bubba966

Bybee's in a HT setup?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2003, 01:56 am »
I've only really experienced Bybees in a digital cable. I had Wayne from Bolder Cables build me a digital w/Bybees.

That's a pic of the very cable I own. The Cryo'd Napalm Ultra has 2 Bybees, full ERS wrap, Silver Eichmann Bullet Plugs, and Cryo treatment.

I've got a few of Wayne's regular digitals (Silver Bullet & Cryo only) as well as the Cryo'd Napalm Ultra. His regular cable was quite good on it's own. But the Bybee'd cable is easily better. I've not noticed any downside yet, and I've listened to my cable in my setup, as well as a few setups at VSAC two weeks ago (I brought it with me to the show).

I would certainly use a Bybee'd digital. It's a good way to improve the playback on all of your speakers, be it 5.1 or more (I'm running  "7.2") for not too much $.

I do also have a Bybee S-Video adapter on hand that Wayne's loaned me. I've been burning it in for nearly 3 weeks. I've not had a chance to do A/B comparos with & w/out it yet. But I did watch a PAL DVD last night and used it at the input of my Video Standards Transcoder. It gave me better color & finer detail than I ever recall getting out of my Transcoder before. Hopefully sometime this weekend I'll have some time to do some real comparisons with it.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: Bybee's in a HT setup?
« Reply #2 on: 20 Oct 2003, 03:56 am »
Quote from: mca
I know a lot of you out there have spoken very highly of Bybee's in the past. I just took my first step and ordered a BPT 2.5 ultra with a couple of them installed.
I am curious if anyone has used them on all their speakers in a full 5.1 setup and if they felt it was worth it?
How about on the digital out of my DVD2900? Then theres my DirecTV also...
                     :lol: I did just what your doing back in january with my BP2.5 and was so taken back by the depth/dynamics improvements that now I`m up to 21 system Bybee`s. Consider yourself warned! I`ve got the front 3 speakers hooked up to Bybee Ultra speaker filters and the rears with Bybee standard filters. I have 2 Bybee inlines on my subwoofer and 2 inside my Ridge Street digital cable. I also have 3 Bybee inlines on my component video cable and have a Bybee S-video adapter (2 Bybee`s). Whoops, almost forgot, I also have a Bybee IEC adapter for the end of my Litz PC going to my BP2.5 . Overkill? For sure and I won`t be selling one of them. Most all of my inlines/adapters were made by Wayne Waananen of Bolder Cable. As far as Bybee`s in a 5.1 system, let me put it this way, do them all or don`t do any at all. I started with a used standard model (1 Bybee) for my mains and was very impressed as it was just more of what the Bybee`s in the BPT had given me. Bybee`s are accumulative in their effects thruout the whole system. But the only problem was that the dynamics of my mains had drowned out the rest. So I found a used set of the Ultra speaker filters (2 Bybee`s) and these went on the mains with the standards going to the back of the bus. Only problem now was I couldn`t hear the center. This is where I meant Wayne who offered to make me up a single Bybee Ultra speaker filter. Every time I added a Bybee to my system, I heard/saw an improvement that in turn would motivate me to try another. Your on your own bud,,:D Regards, Robin

mca

Bybee's in a HT setup?
« Reply #3 on: 20 Oct 2003, 04:12 am »
Thanks for the replys, sounds like they make a hell of a difference. Looks like I'm on the long road to Bybeeville  :o

mca

Bybee's in a HT setup?
« Reply #4 on: 20 Oct 2003, 03:57 pm »
As I already have one of Wayne's digital cables with the silver bullet plugs, I wonder if I would be better off sending the cable to him to have a Bybee added to it, or just purchase the inline version and add it to my cable  :?:

bubba966

Bybee's in a HT setup?
« Reply #5 on: 20 Oct 2003, 04:19 pm »
As I already have one of Wayne's digital cables with the silver bullet plugs, I wonder if I would be better off sending the cable to him to have a Bybee added to it, or just purchase the inline version and add it to my cable  :?:

Jay S has experienced both options you mention. I think he ended up liking the Napalm better than the digital w/inline. Maybe we can get him to comment further.

My only experience with one of Wayne's inlines was at VSAC. But we were comparing it (Silver bullet cryo'd digital w/inline) to my Napalm (Silver bullet cryo'd w/2 Bybees & full ERS wrap). Yes, I felt my Napalm to be better. But then it also had an additional Bybee, & ERS. And the cable w/inline was lacking those two elements.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Bybee's in a HT setup?
« Reply #6 on: 20 Oct 2003, 05:22 pm »
                         Less connections are always better, have them installed into the cable. I did one Bybee on each end. :o  Bubba, the Bybee`s DO have ERS wrapped around them btw, but I`m sure Wayne wrapped your whole cable with ERS. Must be one kick-ass cable for sure. :mrgreen: Regards, Robin