illuminetics

Any Central Oregon Audiophiles?
« on: 25 Feb 2013, 11:45 pm »
I'd love to connect with you.
Randy in Bend, OR

backeast

Re: Any Central Oregon Audiophiles?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2013, 12:55 am »
Just moved to Bend myself. Would be interested in joining a local audio group.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jan 2014, 05:07 pm »
I'm in Corvallis. We're only separated by a few mountains.... :lol:

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget

mresseguie

« Reply #4 on: 6 Feb 2015, 01:33 am »
I just emailed 'back east' to see if he's still in Bend.

Seems to my 'erniek'? Is in Bend as well. Someone....

Mike B.

« Reply #5 on: 6 Feb 2015, 01:46 am »
I am in Eugene. Steve Nugent  is in your area. He is Empirical Audio. You can contact him using his website.

aldcoll

« Reply #6 on: 6 Feb 2015, 02:14 am »
I would love to hear his DAC and will drop him a email.  I have a friend in Portland that just sold his before I could hear it.  He went to a Allnic (sp).  Hope I can hear that one also :thumb:

I am in Harrisburg, drop in and I will show you a unit that needs improvement, except for the speakers, Daedalus Pan's :thumb:

happyrabbit

« Reply #7 on: 6 Feb 2015, 03:40 am »
In Bend too.    If anyone is interested.    Crux would be a lovely place to meet !

Dwight

aldcoll

« Reply #8 on: 6 Feb 2015, 03:48 am »
Where or what is crux for us Valley folks :scratch:

mresseguie

« Reply #9 on: 6 Feb 2015, 03:49 am »
Yes! Dwight......and you have Omega speakers......oooh....sweet.... :drool:

Mudslide

« Reply #10 on: 6 Feb 2015, 05:14 am »
Hey, where were all you guys when we were running our super spiffy GTGs out here on the central Oregon Coast?!   :scratch:

You missed Jim Salk, Dennis Murphy, Aperion guys, Ninja Audio, and designers from Status Acoustics, free equipment giveaways, and literally tons of gear for both HT and 2-channel.  Besides, the catered food was darn amazing.

Oh well...eat your hearts out.  (J/K)

mresseguie

« Reply #11 on: 6 Feb 2015, 06:39 am »
Hiya, Mudslide.

I'm afraid the audiophool bug hadn't reignited in my belly when you held those. If you did it again, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

I hadn't forgotten about you. You are most welcome to join our revelry. The date has not yet been set, but I'm hoping it'll be on a Saturday.

I wonder if any of the manufacturers would be willing to loan out gear for this GTG...(I do plan to ask a couple.)

Michael

Mudslide

« Reply #12 on: 6 Feb 2015, 08:27 pm »
Hiya, Mudslide.

I'm afraid the audiophool bug hadn't reignited in my belly when you held those. If you did it again, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

I hadn't forgotten about you. You are most welcome to join our revelry. The date has not yet been set, but I'm hoping it'll be on a Saturday.

I wonder if any of the manufacturers would be willing to loan out gear for this GTG...(I do plan to ask a couple.)

Michael

Hi Michael.

Seeing as how I'm getting damn old and infirm, I'm guessing we'll likely not host another GTG event in the foreseeable future.   :cry:

I would be open to attending something, though, if timing permits.

And yes, it never hurts to ask the manufacturers for equipment loans....as well as swag, staff attendance, etc.  The worst they can do is say no.  And even then, you've made a new acquaintance in the hobby.  You have to be VERY nice about your requests, remember, and do a little concept selling.  Much good luck with putting this together.  A GTG can be as little or as big as you choose.  But I recommend setting up those guidelines well in advance of your activities.  The large ones can be a LOT of work.

mresseguie

« Reply #13 on: 6 Feb 2015, 10:05 pm »
Mud,

This will be a small GTG. I envision fewer than 10 people. If there were more, I'd have to push half or a third out to my HT system to watch a movie while the rest listen to music. [My wife and I have hosted dinner parties before for as many as 40 people (potluck!), but that is very crowded.]

There were 6 (?) of us at aldcol's house last time. That seemed to work out well. There's more available space in my main floor, so 10 people can still feel pretty relaxed. The main listening room will be my living/dining room which is 29' L x 13' W x 8.5' H. Then there is the kitchen and family/HT room (open floor plan) 21' W x 29' L for overflow or munching/drinking/watching Netflix or DVDs.

mresseguie

Re: Any Central Oregon Audiophiles? SATURDAY, MARCH 14 GTG
« Reply #14 on: 9 Feb 2015, 10:00 pm »
Okay, all you Oregonian audiophools!

Saturday, March 14, 2015 has been selected for the second Central Oregon Audiophile GTG.

Time: 10 am till......
Equipment: a bunch....a complete list will eventually be posted.....attendees are encouraged to bring items of interest.

Helpful info: If you get tired of all the 2-channel music, you can 'recover' in my family room where Netflix (or DVDs) can be enjoyed. Road weary travelers will be delighted to discover a massage chair in the family room (really!). Expect food, beer, wine, etc.

If you have concerns or questions, PM me (or email me if you know it) or, possibly, 'aldcol' as he is my co-conspirator.

I'm sure I've forgotten to provide important information, but I suspect someone will remind me.

Regards,

Michael

aldcoll

« Reply #15 on: 9 Feb 2015, 10:54 pm »
I will be there, Surgery has been canceled and the baby's due date changed.   :thumb: :thumb:

I will bring the Daedalus Pan's  :banana piano:

aldcoll

« Reply #16 on: 11 Feb 2015, 01:49 am »
I guess there isn't much intrest :scratch:

mresseguie

« Reply #17 on: 11 Feb 2015, 02:22 am »
Well, I can teach a worm bin workshop....ya know....to round out the day. I've been an OSU Master Gardener since 2005. I'm also a Tomatoville Tomato head.

All kinds of fun!

stevecham

« Reply #18 on: 18 Feb 2015, 07:06 pm »
I'll be there

aldcoll

« Reply #19 on: 22 Sep 2015, 03:32 am »
I think its time to work on a date for the near or not to near future :scratch:  I will point out mresseguire is across then pond to the west. :thumb:

What about the rest of you :thumb: