MOS125 Pictures

Luis MC

MOS125 Pictures
« on: 27 Oct 2003, 09:04 pm »
Hi all,

This is my MOS125 fully assembled.
     It is double Monofonic PSU (PSUCIN) with 330VA transformers.
     It includes a soft-start of my own.

http://personales.ya.com/lcardaba/projects/mos125/mos125.htm

Regards,

Luis M.C.

Raj

MOS125 Pictures
« Reply #1 on: 28 Oct 2003, 06:44 pm »
Hi,

Nice work, but is the rca inputs to both channel the same length? Sorry if it is! Just looks like the right hand pcb which is closest to the inputs has a far shorter cable than the left............. No offence intended........

Thanks
Raja

Luis MC

MOS125 Pictures
« Reply #2 on: 28 Oct 2003, 07:32 pm »
Quote from: Raj
Hi,

Nice work, but is the rca inputs to both channel the same length? Sorry if it is! Just looks like the right hand pcb which is closest to the inputs has a far shorter cable than the left............. No offence intended........

Thanks
Raja

Raj,

Thanks for comments; both cables are no equal in length; L channel have a longer wire, but noise are the same in both channels.

Regards,
     Luis.

Raj

MOS125 Pictures
« Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2003, 06:43 pm »
Hi Luis,

If one wire is shorter than the other you will have a slight offset in the stereo imaging of the amp, I don't think a few mm matters, but if you're dealing with more than a few cm, then this could affect overall imaging quality.......

Best to split the 2 rca inputs and put one of the sockets nearer the left hand side of the case, this way you can match the cable length for both channels, without having to 'coil' up the wire for one channel.........

Ofcourse if your not bothered than that's okay.............. :mrgreen:

Thanks
Raja

iainmc

MOS125 Pictures
« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2005, 07:45 pm »
Quote from: Raj
Hi Luis,

If one wire is shorter than the other you will have a slight offset in the stereo imaging of the amp, I don't think a few mm matters, but if you're dealing with more than a few cm, then this could affect overall imaging quality.......

Best to split the 2 rca inputs and put one of the sockets nearer the left hand side of the case, this way you can match the cable length for both channels, without having to 'coil' up the wire for one channel.........

Ofcourse if your not bothered than that's okay.............. :mrgreen:

Thanks
Raja[/quote

Hi Raja
A few cm difference in cable length will make no difference to image quality.
A signal traveling along a piece of coax will be traveling at about 60pS per cm. For a 1 degree phase error @20Khz, you would need a 24meter differnce in path length.
[/list]