Guitar Hero 3

mcullinan

Guitar Hero 3
« on: 26 Jun 2008, 04:04 pm »
Been Playing this... I dont have the guitar... how much easier is it with the guitar? Ive become pretty profficient with the controller and not sure if I should go to the next level.

Wow! Man this is a fun game and I was wondering what all the hubub was. Its fun because its something my wife will play... and I whip her ass every time. She says well youve been playing video games for 30 years. I say thats right bow down to me and make my dinnah!!
Hehe.
Mike

TF1216

• Industry Participant
Re: Guitar Hero 3
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2008, 04:06 pm »
Haha, dude, get the guitar.  If you are a kid at heart like me it's fun to pretend like you are really playing the thing.  Also, it's harder with the guitar.  Have you beat medium yet? 

mcullinan

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jun 2008, 04:11 pm »
I am going through easy, but played medium a couple of times. Jesus! I almost tied all my fingers in a permanent knot! lol.
Its so great because the timing is right on with the music, so when I see a group of buttons really close I just follow the beat of the song instead of trying to press and follow visually. Which is the point I guess.
Fun x2
Mike

BobM

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun 2008, 04:56 pm »
Mike - get the guitar and put down your tambourine.

Hey, maybe we can have a GH shootout at the next rave! I'm in.

Bob
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2008, 07:32 pm by BobM »

mcullinan

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jun 2008, 05:36 pm »
Bob,
You have no chance to beat me! Of course Ill talk smack! Youll go down in a hairball fury in a sinkerator  :o
Did they even have video games when you were a kid? I mean we all have our dark closet filled with Lincoln Logs. Spit it out. Pong 1977?
Mike

BobM

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jun 2008, 07:33 pm »
I'll have you know I was a Ms. Pac Man champ (I was better after a couple of beers).

Bob

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #6 on: 26 Jun 2008, 07:44 pm »
Get the guitar!!! Completely different game and much more realistic. I am not a video game person but have the Wii and bought Guitar Hero for the kids :wink: but my wife and I play it all the time as well.
 We have two guitars so us and the kids can battle each other.
 So far I have made it thorugh all the songs on medium except for "Through the Fire and the Flames" although I can do this song on easy and hyperspeed #5 :thumb:
 Now I need to pick up Rock Band which just came out this past Sunday :drool:
 Rock on dude :drums: