Bryston Model T - Subwoofer - thoughts?

derekcooper

Bryston Model T - Subwoofer - thoughts?
« on: 25 Feb 2019, 02:33 pm »
Hey Gang,

Does anyone have hands-on experience with the Bryston Model T Subwoofer? Would like to hear your thoughts as I'm in the market for a new sub and this one certainly looks very appealing.

Home theatre application, would be driven by a Bryston SP3. Rest of the speakers are driven by a Bryston 9B SST 2.

Thanks!

Derek

Jetpro67

Re: Bryston Model T - Subwoofer - thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: 2 Mar 2019, 10:15 pm »
Derrick I’m new to this foum so I don’t profess to be an expert but I can tell you my experience with them. I have had various modest systems over the years but a year ago I had a neighbor move in and his system inspired me to liquidate all my gear and start over. I always loved Music & Home theater so for me it didn’t take much to push me into Byston once I had the pleasure of hours of demo from his system. So I took the plung and here what I have for a system now

Model T Signatures driven by two 7B3
Model T Center Driven by 6Bsst
Middle Ts for for rears Driven by the 6Bsst also
3 Model T subs two up front 1 in the back with plans to add one more
My preAmp is a Athem AVM60 with hopes of adding either a STR with HT Bypass or Finding a used SP3 as I’m not happy with the AV60 in two channel for dedicated music listening
Bluesound Vault  not sure if I will go down the vinyl path but may one the HT - listening room is done.
Xbox1x
Panasonic  UB9000
Epson Projector on 102” screen plan to up grade both as I build a dedicated home theatre listening room.
All of this sits behind a Torous RM70 which I just hooked up & wow what a massive difference!!!

So back to the Model T Subs they are very musical and fill the room with tight accurate bass and make the room rock be it my favourite Music or a Blu-ray filled a long action scenes & large explosions. That said I have experienced my setup with a Paradigm Sub2 and can tell you that thing adds a demsion of depth and explosive
bass that is far greater then what even my 3 Model Ts can deliver. I am far from done but so far I like what I’m got and plan to keep adding tweaking. I added ISOacustics Gaia isolatiion to Subs and it seems to have tighten the bass reponse and made them more impactful.

derekcooper

« Reply #2 on: 5 Mar 2019, 04:18 pm »
Interesting... thank you for your thoughts.

Did you ever look at the Rythmic Audio subs? Seriously thinking of grabbing two and finding out how they perform.

Jetpro67

« Reply #3 on: 7 Mar 2019, 01:33 pm »
No never looked at them. I do know there is pair Model T sub for sale On Canuck