Well Tempered Labs Classic

daveyonthecoast

Well Tempered Labs Classic
« on: 14 Dec 2019, 10:33 am »
Hello Friends
 I have, a Well-tempered classic, made in NZ, in the '90s, by dynavector, using their extreme hardwood, I had it in storage, for the last few years, as I bought a Once TT, made in Australia!!, I always thought the Once with The Wand, tonearm, was a bit bright!!, so I swapped the Turntable, back to the Well-Tempered Classic, I don't know what I was thinking, inserting the Once TT in my system??, as now the Well-Tempered, is back into my system, my ears no longer bleed!!, My Well-tempered Labs, comes with the squared motor!!, with Marigo arm upgrades, and a platter that sits on top, of the aquatic, platter, I don't know where this came from??, I wish to go even more??, I know there were a lot of upgrades, for the classic!!, including an upgraded platter, I think from "Herbies", also a new pulley with new string!!, also new supports!!, some one years ago send me an email re upgrades!!, but have lost his email, after computer crash!!
Friends, can you get back to me, re all of the above??, also I wish to buy a few weights, for the arm, so I can get back to my Dynavctor DV-20X2l cartridge, which would need fine-tuning, also I believe, the was a tonearm wrap, that helps, don't get me wrong, I find the sound awesome, but, as a music lover, any tweak, is a bonus
Many Thanks
David
Australia :D :D

Erocka2000

Re: Well Tempered Labs Classic
« Reply #1 on: 17 Dec 2019, 09:33 pm »
You will have trouble finding upgrades for the discontinued Well Tempered that you have.  As many have advised you in your previous posts, your best option would be to sell your current Well Tempered and buy a new Well Tempered Amadeus or Versalex.  Then you don't have to worry about upgrades, other than the power supply and platter mat.

I doubt you'll be able to find many, if any at all, of the upgrades that you want to purchase for your current table.