Pegboard Mounting Question

JDUBS

Pegboard Mounting Question
« on: 8 May 2018, 02:56 am »
Hey guys, I've got a couple of crossovers built on pegboard.  Any idea on what I can use for standoffs to get them elevated?  I think pegboard holes are like 1/4" maybe.

Thanks
Jim

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Pegboard Mounting Question
« Reply #1 on: 8 May 2018, 04:36 am »
I would like mount a xover external to the speaker enclosure on a real wood plate(soft wood) with rubber feets, inside the enclosure is the worse place due vibrations and no cooling.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #2 on: 8 May 2018, 03:06 pm »
And if you use an external board you can spread the inductors out far away from each other.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #3 on: 8 May 2018, 04:12 pm »
Hey guys, I've got a couple of crossovers built on pegboard.  Any idea on what I can use for standoffs to get them elevated?  I think pegboard holes are like 1/4" maybe.

Thanks
Jim

HD has some feet with holes in them, you could screw them down if you wanted and use the feet as the spacers. In the drawers at HD they have nylon washers that are thick in several sizes, those would work well if you can find the right size. You could use washers as spacers and screw them down. If not securing them you could just use stick on feet, the 1/2" square ones stick well.

gab

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 8 May 2018, 09:17 pm »
And if you use an external board you can spread the inductors out far away from each other.
Well remembered, all big speakers manufacturers ignore this prob even in expensive loudspeakers:
http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/coils.htm

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #6 on: 9 May 2018, 04:19 pm »
Doug Self in one of his early books, pointed out that inductors should be spaced from each other.