First ever once in a decade Daedalus spring cleaning sale!

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
Re: First ever once in a decade Daedalus spring cleaning sale!
« Reply #60 on: 10 Feb 2018, 05:07 pm »
A_shah  Why not look at the upside this weekend.  You now have a GREAT center channel.

Don't laugh, there was a person that posted years ago that laid his Ulysses on their sides and really liked it.

And as I am Oregon just how south of the border are you?

Alan

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #61 on: 10 Feb 2018, 05:48 pm »
I envy your purchase.  Just one more thing - what was your street address and when is a good time that you will not be there?  :icon_twisted: I am assuming you have them insured for theft.  Seriously though, at the last couple of RMAFs that I have attended, the Daedalus speakers have sounded rich and glorious.  I am sure you will enjoy them immensely.  Congratulations.

rbbert

« Reply #62 on: 11 Feb 2018, 12:07 am »
Don't laugh, there was a person that posted years ago that laid his Ulysses on their sides and really liked it.
Alan

More than a post, it was a full review at Dagogo emagazine

https://www.dagogo.com/daedalus-ulysses-speaker-landscape-perspective-review/

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #63 on: 11 Feb 2018, 12:46 am »
More than a post, it was a full review at Dagogo emagazine

https://www.dagogo.com/daedalus-ulysses-speaker-landscape-perspective-review/

Thanks for finding the article, wouldn't want folks to think I was drunk posting again.

Alan

Early B.

« Reply #64 on: 11 Feb 2018, 01:43 am »
Thanks for finding the article, wouldn't want folks to think I was drunk posting again.

Wow. Fascinating article. I always wondered about placing floorstanders horizontally. The thought came to me several years ago when I hooked up my huge, DIY 4-foot center channel. I was playing music through a DVD player and it sounded fantastic. I'm sure there's lots of technical reasons why it's a bad idea, but I'd still like to hear horizontal floorstanders or dual massive center channels in my room. Glad that Daedalus was open to allowing such experimentation.

A_shah

« Reply #65 on: 11 Feb 2018, 05:16 am »
A_shah  Why not look at the upside this weekend.  You now have a GREAT center channel.

And as I am Oregon just how south of the border are you?

Alan

Don't think ! Lou would like to see his Poseidon on the side as it may scratch the beautiful black walnut hand selected wood .  Interesting article , thank you for sharing , it is "funny I do have  a pair of Kef LS 50 on the side as my front left & right firing speakers ( a separate energy  center channel speaker) set up in my home theater system
 ! :thumb:
Asghar
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2018, 03:48 am by A_shah »

A_shah

« Reply #66 on: 11 Feb 2018, 05:18 am »
I envy your purchase.  Just one more thing - what was your street address and when is a good time that you will not be there?  :icon_twisted: I am assuming you have them insured for theft.  Seriously though, at the last couple of RMAFs that I have attended, the Daedalus speakers have sounded rich and glorious.  I am sure you will enjoy them immensely.  Congratulations.

Good thinking ! I should have thought about this as they cost the price of a small car. I guess I will call my insurance agent on Monday
Thank you
Asghar

A_shah

« Reply #67 on: 12 Feb 2018, 10:05 pm »
The Daedalus Poseidon's are in their new home ready to be fired up tonite for some GR8 listening sessions

l
Asghar
« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2018, 05:41 pm by A_shah »

Wig

« Reply #68 on: 13 Feb 2018, 03:52 am »
The Daedalus Poseidon's are in their new home ready to be fired up tonite for some GR8 listening sessions

laser precision placement
Asghar

Looking good!

Wig :)

neekomax

« Reply #69 on: 13 Feb 2018, 03:56 am »
Hey man, nice! Hope you enjoy them.

What are the LS50s doing under that TV? Are they hooked up?

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #70 on: 13 Feb 2018, 04:08 am »
Ashgar,

Nice speakers, man!
Nice preamp!
Nice floor!
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I'm still positioning my speakers....still trying to get the best soundstage. I'm trying out the SET setting on my amp tonight. It's a very different sound.

A_shah

« Reply #71 on: 13 Feb 2018, 04:45 am »
Hey man, nice! Hope you enjoy them.

What are the LS50s doing under that TV? Are they hooked up?
yes  they are hooked up they serve as two front speakers for my separate HT system powered by a run of the mill Marantz AV receiver, the two channel system is separate   ( their is also center channel speaker that you can see in the picture because of the black grill)
thank you.
Asghar

A_shah

« Reply #72 on: 13 Feb 2018, 04:56 am »
Ashgar,

Nice speakers, man!
Nice preamp!
Nice floor!
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I'm still positioning my speakers....still trying to get the best soundstage. I'm trying out the SET setting on my amp tonight. It's a very different sound.

Michael
Thank you
Asghar
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2018, 05:26 pm by A_shah »

A_shah

« Reply #73 on: 13 Feb 2018, 04:58 am »
@wig ,
thank you.
Asghar