Catch of the Day: Vinyl You've Recently Bought

jimtranr

Re: Catch of the Day: Vinyl You've Recently Bought
« Reply #2200 on: 1 Jan 2013, 08:53 pm »

To start the new year off right, ordered these yesterday from SoundDirect to have something new ready and waiting for a rig likewise ordered yesterday and due here in early February.

roscoeiii

« Reply #2201 on: 1 Jan 2013, 09:21 pm »
Ringing in the New Year with the just-arrived Ween "Pure Guava"

Entropy

« Reply #2202 on: 11 Jan 2013, 04:04 am »

In the mail today  :D

LeeH

« Reply #2203 on: 12 Jan 2013, 04:25 pm »

E4T

• drummer, specialty coffee, music obsessed
« Reply #2204 on: 13 Jan 2013, 04:36 pm »

Upper Right is Peter Buck

roscoeiii

« Reply #2205 on: 13 Jan 2013, 04:56 pm »
Great haul. I love Tortoise "TNT"

E4T

« Reply #2206 on: 13 Jan 2013, 06:16 pm »
Great haul. I love Tortoise "TNT"

Love Tortoise.  "TNT" is such a great record.  Glad to have finally picked it up on LP.

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #2207 on: 15 Jan 2013, 08:42 pm »
Picked up 5 or 6 things back a week or two ago, got that Beatles Sgt Pepper and the 'like' remastered copy of White Album.

PierreB

« Reply #2208 on: 15 Jan 2013, 10:34 pm »
Calexico - Feast Of Wire

E4T

« Reply #2209 on: 17 Jan 2013, 05:14 am »
Picked up 5 or 6 things back a week or two ago, got that Beatles Sgt Pepper and the 'like' remastered copy of White Album.

Bought both of these at Decatur CD in Atlanta Ga.  The copy I got of Revolver is a UK pressing actually, which I didn't realize until I arrived home.  It sounds fantastic. 

The copy of Sgt Peppers in the picture was unlistenable however!!!!  Never in my life have I heard a new record sound this poor, or have so many pressing issues.  On "Lucy in the Sky...." especially.  You have likely already heard about most of the issues with the first run US pressings of the Remasters.  Anyway, I am happy to report that my replacement copy sounds superb!

MaxCast

« Reply #2210 on: 17 Jan 2013, 11:35 am »

The copy of Sgt Peppers in the picture was unlistenable however!!!!  Never in my life have I heard a new record sound this poor, or have so many pressing issues.  On "Lucy in the Sky...." especially.  You have likely already heard about most of the issues with the first run US pressings of the Remasters.  Anyway, I am happy to report that my replacement copy sounds superb!
Same here.  Bought a new reissue on new years eve and it is very bad.  Hope my exchange is as good as yours.

E4T

« Reply #2211 on: 18 Jan 2013, 05:30 am »
Same here.  Bought a new reissue on new years eve and it is very bad.  Hope my exchange is as good as yours.

Hope so too! 

Kinger

« Reply #2212 on: 19 Jan 2013, 10:35 pm »
Purchased these two today.  Looking forward to when they arrive and I can get them spinnin..........

roscoeiii

« Reply #2213 on: 19 Jan 2013, 10:42 pm »

801 Live

How had I never heard of this? An awesome live show.

roscoeiii

« Reply #2214 on: 19 Jan 2013, 10:44 pm »
And these classics:

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #2215 on: 19 Jan 2013, 10:53 pm »

US mono I found today

orthobiz

« Reply #2216 on: 20 Jan 2013, 12:53 am »

801 Live

How had I never heard of this? An awesome live show.

You hit the nail on the head! This is as beloved to me as The Move. You must also get 801 Listen Now!, another great record. And TNK takes Tomorrow Never Knows and blows it up to a completely different level!! Also check out the various Phil Manzanera disks, Diamond Head, for instance. I know you like Roxy...

I have the CD ROM reissue of this, it has a studio disk with a practice session for this concert. Usually I am not a fan of the "fly on the wall, hear everything they ever did" phenomenon with expanded reissues. But I find the practice fascinating, even though the fidelity is nowhere near as good as the live disk.

Finally, to the best of my knowledge all of these guys are still alive and they should get back together AND DO ANOTHER SHOW!!!

Paul

roscoeiii

« Reply #2217 on: 20 Jan 2013, 02:01 am »
Yeah I definitely want more of this. I agree the Tomorow Never Knows track Rocks

orthobiz

« Reply #2218 on: 23 Jan 2013, 02:12 pm »
I know the thread says "recently bought," but Laura just sent me this in the mail. Thanks, Laura!

Paul

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #2219 on: 28 Jan 2013, 10:13 pm »
A short story by The Pumpkinking

I came home today to a wet sloppy mess and after about an hour of clean-up I put my shovel away and went down to the front of the house. Who happens along at that moment but my postman. He has in his hand what looks an LP mailer and I say is that for me ?? He says yes !! So now I'm thinking what the hell did I forget "LOL". I take the mail inside and look at my package. Low and behold it has Royal Mail on it. Now I know I didn't order anything from the UK. So who do I know in the UK ?? One guess I think
is all anyone will need. But wait this gets better. I open it to find a birthday card and I think how nice and it's signed by Larry, Moe and Curly  (aka Davey,Jim and Dean). Again I think how nice the boys were thinking of me. So I now open my the package inside AND the rest will have to wait a bit while I go change my under shorts due to the fact I just wet myself.

OK I'm back. Inside was a UK mono Beatles Revolver. Needless to say I was floored and at that moment speechless.
I thought and I thought of what I can say to you guys but nothing I can say will tell how I feel. So I'll just say thanks you're a great bunch of guys.

Forever Grateful The Pumpkinking