orthobiz

Re: Catch of the Day: Vinyl You've Recently Bought
« Reply #2160 on: 5 Dec 2012, 12:04 am »
More power pop.

Paul

roscoeiii

« Reply #2161 on: 6 Dec 2012, 02:21 am »
Oh wow. Can's "Lost Tapes" just came out on vinyl. 5 LPs. I know what I will be listening to for the next 3 weeks.

http://mute.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Can-The-Lost-Tapes-500.jpg

E4T

• drummer, specialty coffee, music obsessed
« Reply #2162 on: 6 Dec 2012, 07:06 am »
YES!  I bought the Lost Tapes CD set over the summer thinking there would be no vinyl issued.  Very glad I was wrong.  So good.

orthobiz

« Reply #2163 on: 10 Dec 2012, 05:49 pm »

This just arrived today...if there was EVER a record that EVERYBODY had to have and that I could RECOMMEND without reservation...well, this is one of them. In my top 10 of all time. Don't know if this version is any good, but the music is positively top notch.

Paul

roscoeiii

« Reply #2164 on: 10 Dec 2012, 05:52 pm »

This just arrived today...if there was EVER a record that EVERYBODY had to have and that I could RECOMMEND without reservation...well, this is one of them. In my top 10 of all time. Don't know if this version is any good, but the music is positively top notch.

Paul

A truly great album for sure. Let us know how it sounds. I have an original but am still tempted by this reissue.

roscoeiii

« Reply #2165 on: 10 Dec 2012, 06:15 pm »

Nick Drake "Pink Moon" box set just showed up. Sounds beautiful, and great packaging.

orthobiz

« Reply #2166 on: 10 Dec 2012, 10:42 pm »

Nick Drake "Pink Moon" box set just showed up. Sounds beautiful, and great packaging.

Another example where I didn't even know it was coming out. Or is it an older reissue???

Paul

roscoeiii

« Reply #2167 on: 10 Dec 2012, 10:48 pm »
Another example where I didn't even know it was coming out. Or is it an older reissue???

Paul

Just came out, and already hard to find according to the SH Forum thread. Music Direct no longer lists it, and people seem to be worried about their orders being cancelled. Sounds fantastic. And a beautiful set. But it'll cost you at $60. Acoustic Sounds has them in stock, that's where I grabbed mine.

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #2168 on: 11 Dec 2012, 12:06 am »

Paul
I just bought a copy today too!.
Along with a few other listings from the Rolling Stone top 500.
I had run out of ideas of 'what to buy' so I went back to the Rolling Stone 500. So far i ahve bought seven of the top 60 i was missing, and want four more.
Odd as I have probably 400 of the 500. but am missing a bunch of the top ones.
Probably due to my always buying used. I have to take what i find. And some I have ust never found.
So I am buying new one to fill in. A noble cause. (but being a cheapskate I have a pile of 20% 0ff coupons i am using up)

vinyl_lady

« Reply #2169 on: 11 Dec 2012, 12:10 am »

orthobiz

« Reply #2170 on: 11 Dec 2012, 02:50 am »
Just came out, and already hard to find according to the SH Forum thread. Music Direct no longer lists it, and people seem to be worried about their orders being cancelled. Sounds fantastic. And a beautiful set. But it'll cost you at $60. Acoustic Sounds has them in stock, that's where I grabbed mine.

Makes me nuts! The ABBA box was available for like two seconds (I'm a BIG ABBA fan) and I had to buy it off Amazon after the fact. So I tend (at least this year) to buy first and ask questions later! Where are those cutout bins when you really need them!!!

Paul

orthobiz

« Reply #2171 on: 11 Dec 2012, 02:55 am »

Bought it from an Amazon seller for 61.29 shipped. Acoustic Sounds said "limited stock" and I wasn't sure what that might mean!

Paul

roscoeiii

« Reply #2172 on: 11 Dec 2012, 03:33 am »
Dodged a bullet with the Moe Tucker (drummer for the Velvet Underground) 3LP anthology.

I am really not feeling this collection, but turns out the used copy I bought has 2 sides 3-4 and no LP with sides 1-2. So I can return this one for credit. *phew*

Just not that compelling stuff overall for me.

roscoeiii

« Reply #2173 on: 11 Dec 2012, 03:56 am »
Dodged a bullet with the Moe Tucker (drummer for the Velvet Underground) 3LP anthology.

I am really not feeling this collection, but turns out the used copy I bought has 2 sides 3-4 and no LP with sides 1-2. So I can return this one for credit. *phew*

Just not that compelling stuff overall for me.

Paul, maybe I am finally saving you money. For once at least...

vinyl_lady

« Reply #2174 on: 24 Dec 2012, 10:00 pm »
An early Christmas gift to myself from Absolute Vinyl in Boulder CO. Great store. Doug inspects, cleans and grades every record in his store and his grading is spot on.

Merry Christmas to all!

Kinger

« Reply #2175 on: 24 Dec 2012, 11:28 pm »
Christmas gift from my good friend mchuckp.

orthobiz

« Reply #2176 on: 25 Dec 2012, 12:21 am »

Worst cover but a decent record.

Paul

orthobiz

« Reply #2177 on: 25 Dec 2012, 12:22 am »

Beach House

Paul

orthobiz

« Reply #2178 on: 25 Dec 2012, 12:23 am »

Incredible packaging, posters, etc. Two records, flat, heavy and quiet.

Paul

roscoeiii

« Reply #2179 on: 25 Dec 2012, 01:59 am »

Worst cover but a decent record.

Paul

Love the horns on that LP.