« Reply #1360 on: 16 Dec 2011, 12:33 am »

Paul

vinyl_lady

Re: Catch of the Day: Vinyl You've Recently Bought
« Reply #1361 on: 16 Dec 2011, 01:32 am »
Another haul brought today at another fair
Not a bad day, sometimes its hard to resist  :D

Lee,

where are these record fairs? I'm green with envy. The only record fair we have in Spokane is the annual public radio station record sale in Feb.

Laura

vinyl_lady

DaveyW

« Reply #1363 on: 16 Dec 2011, 04:32 pm »
My latest DISCOGS order arrived today - this is the best yet  :dance:

Katrina And The Waves - Katrina And The Waves

Jefferson Starship - Red Octopus

Renaissance - Live At Carnegie Hall

Nice, The - The Best Of The Nice

Santana - Festivál

Santana - Lotus

Rory Gallagher - Rory Gallagher

Annie Haslam - Annie In Wonderland

Hawkwind - Space Ritual

A number of these selections have been heavily influenced by the Vinyl Circle crew who regularly post here and the "Listened to recently" thread - Thanks  :thumb:
Santana's triple live Lotus, Hawkwinds double live Space Ritual and (believe it or not) Katrina and the Waves, have all been long languishing in my "Wanted List"  :green:

All but one appear to be New and Unplayed, the Nice album is played but in superb condition.

A very, very Happy Camper here and lots of nice new vinyl to spin over the festive holidays.

Can I sign off this post by wishing all a very Happy Christmas with lots of spinning in 2012.

Cheers
Dave

LeeH

« Reply #1364 on: 16 Dec 2011, 05:21 pm »
Lee,

where are these record fairs? I'm green with envy. The only record fair we have in Spokane is the annual public radio station record sale in Feb.

Laura

Hi Laura

I live in the UK and we have record fairs over here all the time, the last one was at Wolverhampton

Lee

LeeH

« Reply #1365 on: 16 Dec 2011, 05:24 pm »
Picked these 3 up today at the local market, a friend of mine has a market stall and sells vinyl there on a friday, these 3 were hard to resist

Jeff Healey Band - Hell To Pay
ZZ Top - Fandango
George Thoroogood and the destroyers - Move it over

Im out again in the morning to another market stall, did well there the last time, see what that brings

Lee

DaveyW

« Reply #1366 on: 16 Dec 2011, 08:21 pm »
Hi Laura

I live in the UK and we have record fairs over here all the time, the last one was at Wolverhampton

Lee

Hi Lee - I try and get to the Vinyl Bank Fairs when possible
We've probably rubbed shoulders in the bins in the past  :D

roscoeiii

« Reply #1367 on: 16 Dec 2011, 08:38 pm »
My last haul from before pulling the trigger on new speakers (aka my last haul for a while not from $1 bins)

Brightback Morning Light- "Brightback Morning Light"
Beck - "Odelay" (Deluxe 4 LP set)
Pixies - "Doolittle" (MoFi)
Rob Crow - "Living Well"
Baroness - "Blue Album" (beautiful blue 45 RPM vinyl)
Atlas Sound - "Logos"
White Stripes - "Elephant"
Godspeed You Black Emperor - "Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven"

Pretty great haul, I gotta say.

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #1368 on: 16 Dec 2011, 09:57 pm »
My latest DISCOGS order arrived today - this is the best yet  :dance:

Katrina And The Waves - Katrina And The Waves

Jefferson Starship - Red Octopus

Renaissance - Live At Carnegie Hall

Nice, The - The Best Of The Nice

Santana - Festivál

Santana - Lotus

Rory Gallagher - Rory Gallagher

Annie Haslam - Annie In Wonderland

Hawkwind - Space Ritual

A number of these selections have been heavily influenced by the Vinyl Circle crew who regularly post here and the "Listened to recently" thread - Thanks  :thumb:
Santana's triple live Lotus, Hawkwinds double live Space Ritual and (believe it or not) Katrina and the Waves, have all been long languishing in my "Wanted List"  :green:

All but one appear to be New and Unplayed, the Nice album is played but in superb condition.

A very, very Happy Camper here and lots of nice new vinyl to spin over the festive holidays.

Can I sign off this post by wishing all a very Happy Christmas with lots of spinning in 2012.

Cheers
Dave

Davey I've always loved that Lp. Let me know what you think of it when you get a chance to play it............Bill

DaveyW

« Reply #1369 on: 17 Dec 2011, 12:16 pm »
Davey I've always loved that Lp. Let me know what you think of it when you get a chance to play it............Bill

Two spins through this morning and ............................  8)
This will be a regular visitor to the TT's

Thanks for the rec Mr. P  :thumb:

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #1370 on: 17 Dec 2011, 12:41 pm »
Two spins through this morning and ............................  8)
This will be a regular visitor to the TT's

Thanks for the rec Mr. P  :thumb:

:thumb:

orthobiz

« Reply #1371 on: 17 Dec 2011, 01:52 pm »
:thumb:

Annie Haslam is the lead singer in Renaissance. It's obvious but I only mention it "just in case." only last year did I find out that the lead singer in Gruppo Sportivo is the same gal in Deaf School, two of my 70s pop faves.

Annie In Wonderland is great, but what else would you expect from a Roy Wood fanatic? It's like a great lost Move album with the wonderful Haslam voice. They were going out at the time. She was on BBC radio talking about how her experiences with Roy lead her to multitrack her voice on a Renaissance album.

Forgotten gem. Of course my daughter has a copy. Surprisingly I see it fairly regularly in the record shops and record fairs here.

Paul

DaveyW

« Reply #1372 on: 17 Dec 2011, 02:02 pm »
Hi Paul - Yes the Roy Wood influences are quite obvious - An all round nice little package.

orthobiz

« Reply #1373 on: 17 Dec 2011, 03:23 pm »
:scratch:

Le Tigre is what arose from the ashes of Bikini Kill, the "grrl" movement in the 90's. Saw them at the Alley Cat in Washington a few years ago. Techno-pop, maybe TKO is on you tube.

They are overtly gay, they headlined with Lesbians on Ecstasy. Fun concert but I did look a tad out of place, and not just because of my advanced years! Reminded me of the time I had an espresso at Sappho, a cafe in Amsterdam, and eventually realized that I was the only guy in the place...

This Island from 2004 is a great little record.

Paul

Kinger

« Reply #1374 on: 17 Dec 2011, 10:51 pm »
First used vinyl shopping trip since purchasing a TT recently.

Yes - 90125

APP - Stereotomy

LeeH

« Reply #1375 on: 18 Dec 2011, 12:20 pm »
Hi Lee - I try and get to the Vinyl Bank Fairs when possible
We've probably rubbed shoulders in the bins in the past  :D

I bet we have, drop me a PM if your off to the wolves fair in January

orthobiz

« Reply #1376 on: 19 Dec 2011, 12:41 am »

Gave my oldest daughter my well-worn American copy. This one is the 180 gm reissue that just came out, packaging is great. Sound maybe not so great. I like my 1979 MoFi a bit better in a Side1 to Side1 face off. I'll look for a British copy in London this summer...

Paul

orthobiz

« Reply #1377 on: 19 Dec 2011, 03:36 am »

Inspired by pumpkinman, I listened to this Canadian import today...bought it a while ago and never posted. Anyway, check out that funky A&M poly sleeve!

Paul

orthobiz

« Reply #1378 on: 19 Dec 2011, 03:38 am »

Probably not the best place to start collecting Gong but the opportunity came up. It's pretty good, a little jazzy, a little Roxy Music sounding, even Gentle Giant. Produced by Nick Mason...

Paul

vinyl_lady

« Reply #1379 on: 19 Dec 2011, 06:08 am »

Gave my oldest daughter my well-worn American copy. This one is the 180 gm reissue that just came out, packaging is great. Sound maybe not so great. I like my 1979 MoFi a bit better in a Side1 to Side1 face off. I'll look for a British copy in London this summer...

Paul

Harry Pearson really slammed its sound quality in the latest issue of The Absolute Sound. Does your copy have a lot of surface noise? A lot of reviews on Amazon complain about surface noise. I have an orginal EMI pressing, the MoFi and the 30th Anniversary. I think the MoFi sounds the best. I bought the new remastered vinyl of Wish You Were Here and it sounds terrific.

Laura