Best TV for a Wii

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Best TV for a Wii
« on: 21 Feb 2007, 01:13 am »
Unbelievably my 62 year old programmer friend bought a new house for he and his fiance, who is currently living out of state, and also bought a Wii for them and her grandkids. He was going to get a panel TV but canceled, pending deciding what he really should get that fits. (They are measuring for furniture placement)

The previous owner had a panel TV over the little gas fireplace.

-He is not a TV junkie at all - has a B/W set in his current condo.
-There will be a couple of laptops and a 24" Mac in the place
-The Wii is not an HDTV console

Woodsea

Re: Best TV for a Wii
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2007, 12:27 pm »
Staples has the Norcent LT-3225 32" LCD TV on sale for $499.98 before coupons!

You can combine it with a $50 off $500 (available on eBay) and $3 Ink Coupons

Link http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?PID=361116&ddkey=StaplesBeFree&jspStoreDir=Staples&cm_ite=Ongoing+-+Staples+Basic&catalogIdentifier=2&SID=523223-0-0-0-4ysa2z&cm_pla=361116&AID=10462997&cm_ven=CJ&cm_cat=358129&storeId=10001&partNumber=649294&ddkey=StaplesBeFree

$0.58 Eraser Filler for $50 off $500 coupon http://www.fatwallet.com/redirect/bounce.php?afsrc=1&url=http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?prodCatType=0&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=18855&cmArea=SEARCH

Norcent LT-3225 32" LCD TV
Large screen impact and style to enhance any home environment

32" Widescreen (16:9) LCD TV
TV reception is provided via built-in ATSC, Clear-QAM and NTSC tuner
HDMI input delivers uncompressed, crystal-clear digital video & audio via a single cable
HD panel Resolution (1366 x 768)
High Brightness ( 500 Cd/mý )
High Contrast Ratio ( 1000:1 )
HDMI input delivers uncompressed, crystal clear digital video & audio via a single cable
Component video, S-video and Composite video inputs
Response Time 8ms
1 year warranty

Se7en

« Reply #2 on: 4 Mar 2007, 05:16 am »
The Wii does not output hi def. Any decent TV should do if all he does is play Wii.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #3 on: 7 Mar 2007, 03:07 am »
Well I found out today he now has cable in the new house. He has never had a color TV in the 8 years I have known him.

And that he got a Samsung flat panel TV of some kind.

The amazing thing is that this 62 year old will be getting Call of Duty III for the Wii   :o  He is a big war games player, the scenario board game type.

He says he likes Wii bowling a lot more than he though he would.

mcrespo71

« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2007, 02:16 pm »
Well I found out today he now has cable in the new house. He has never had a color TV in the 8 years I have known him.

And that he got a Samsung flat panel TV of some kind.

The amazing thing is that this 62 year old will be getting Call of Duty III for the Wii   :o  He is a big war games player, the scenario board game type.

He says he likes Wii bowling a lot more than he though he would.

I guess he is part of the "non-gamer" demographic Nintendo is going for.

I still can't find one of these to save my life.  Has anyone had any luck at least seeing one in the stores?

Woodsea

« Reply #5 on: 21 Mar 2007, 12:51 am »
So what part of my suggestion was wrong?  Yep, got cable, which can put out HD.  The Wii will be able to put out 720 before the year is out.  Betchya!!?

mcrespo71

« Reply #6 on: 21 Mar 2007, 02:01 am »
So what part of my suggestion was wrong?  Yep, got cable, which can put out HD.  The Wii will be able to put out 720 before the year is out.  Betchya!!?

Are you serious?  Have you heard the WII will output 720P later this year?  If so, I'm glad I can't find one right now.

Bemopti123

« Reply #7 on: 21 Mar 2007, 03:20 am »

Wow.  This will surely force me to purchase a flat screen for no better reason than to see 720 content on all its glory.   :thumb:

RIP:  PS3.

Woodsea

« Reply #8 on: 21 Mar 2007, 01:13 pm »
http://wii.qj.net/Drunk-Nintendo-exec-says-Wii-has-high-definition-capabilities/pg/49/aid/83175
Something to think about.  Esp. since every other console has differing specs.