A must try free demo!

nrenter

Re: A must try free demo!
« Reply #40 on: 13 Jul 2009, 04:58 pm »
Have details and pricing been established for the UberBUSS?

Danny Richie

« Reply #41 on: 14 Jul 2009, 08:39 pm »
If you got any left Danny, I'd like to check one of them out 

I have three left from this last shipment, so let me know soon if you want one. They go pretty quick. Just e-mail me everything I need to know about where to send it.

It has double the filtering of the Majik Buss and is $995. It's not just good. It's real good.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #42 on: 18 Jul 2009, 01:18 am »
Quick update...

I dragged the loaner Majik Buss out to Cleveland for a visit to ted_b's place. 

I am happy to report that the results I experienced at my house have pretty much been duplicated at Ted's place.   :thumb:

Instead of having the Majik Buss feeding a Furman IT Ref-20i, it is feeding an Audience Adept power conditioner.

Also, I will have a an Uber Buss next week and will compare it directly to the Majik Buss.

George

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #43 on: 19 Jul 2009, 07:33 pm »

When I developed the UberBUSS, I wanted to take the concept as far as I could without exceeding a pricepoint of $1000.00.  There are a lot of very expensive power conditioners out there and I just did not want to go there.

The UberBuss has a much more extensive PFC network than the Majik BUSS.  This is readily apparent when the two units are A/B'd. 

The EMI/RFI filtration module (what I call "The Brick") is 125% larger than the one in the MB.  It weighs 2 pounds more than the one in the Majik BUSS. The Uber has ERS material incorporated into The Brick, too. 

The customer's choice of a 15A C13 IEC or a 20A C19 IEC inlet is a no cost option.  I personally prefer the C19, but most after market power cords are not available with this type (C20) of plug.

I recently built a SuperDuperUber for me to see where cost is no object, while still using the Leviton outlet, would take the ultimate performance of the design.  I have to admit that there is very little difference between it and the UberBUSS.  As a matter of fact, I am hard pressed to tell the difference between them.  It certainly wasn't worth what would be a $500.00 price increase on the units. 

I personally feel that the UberBUSS is the biggest single improvement that I have ever made to any power system that I have worked on.  I have retrofitted some existing installations that I have done over the last few years with these units and my clients all say the same thing: "WOW!!!"  Most of these system have isolation transformers (some are 10KVA) and all are dedicated circuits.  The Uber simply takes the ultimate sound product to a different level.  It makes digital recordings done on those systems sound, well... less "digital", if you know what I mean.  The studio owners are very, very happy.

HTH

Dave

sl_1800

« Reply #44 on: 20 Jul 2009, 02:32 am »
Danny was kind enough to loan me a Majik Buss and a Electra Cable B-7 power cord.  I'm looking forward to hearing these two.  Hoping to do a little listening after a day or so of burn in.

iskandam

« Reply #45 on: 25 Sep 2009, 06:53 am »
I've had the Majik Buss and the Electra power cord in my system for 3 days.  At first I left all my gear plugged into the APC H15 Power conditioner.  Then APC to Majik Buss.  Didn't notice any improvements with neither music nor HT.  Immediately plugged my Sharp LCD, Pioneer Elite SC-05 receiver, and Pioneer BDP-51FD bluray player directly into the Majik Buss.  I don't know if this was a new or demo unit but I let it burn in for a couple of days before getting into any critical listening.  The speakers are X-Statiks, X-Voce, and X-LS Encore.

Today I had the chance to listen to some music.  I listened to Diana Krall, Natalie Cole, Jesse Cook, Dave Brubeck, and Norah Jones.  On better recordings the improvement was more easily noticeable, but across the board I noticed more air in the highs and better clarity.  The leading edge of instruments are more defined and sharper.  It was not a night and day improvement but enough to be noticeable.  I haven't demoed any HT material yet but did notice better bass from the TV show THE MENTALIST.  Can't wait to run my usual HT demo material on it.  I'm going to set aside some time this weekend to do that.

bluemike

« Reply #46 on: 25 Sep 2009, 01:23 pm »
Does the majik buss have a separate iec outlet at the back to plug in the power cord

I'm thinking of getting one if it works well in my crazy setup
My thinking is to plug my power bar which I have most of my components plugged into into the Mb and the Majik buss plugged into the wall

I will then experiement with plugging both my amps into the Majik buss

Danny I sent you a Pm ...did you get it ?
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2009, 01:48 am by bluemike »

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #47 on: 25 Sep 2009, 02:56 pm »

:thumb:

Anand.

bluemike

« Reply #48 on: 25 Sep 2009, 03:56 pm »
Thanks Anand !

iskandam

« Reply #49 on: 25 Sep 2009, 04:32 pm »
What's the difference between Majik Buss and Uberbuss?  Does the Uberbuss have more than 4 outlets or is the difference just higher quality filtering?

Mike B.

« Reply #50 on: 25 Sep 2009, 04:42 pm »
Dave, are you the same dBe who posted at the old Mad discussion board?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #51 on: 26 Sep 2009, 09:40 pm »
What's the difference between Majik Buss and Uberbuss?  Does the Uberbuss have more than 4 outlets or is the difference just higher quality filtering?

The UberBUSS is a Majik BUSS on steroids.  It came about by plugging two Majiks in series just to see what would happen.  What happened was the UberBUSS.  It is actually more than just that because I also use Stillpoints ERS technology in the Uber.

It is more of a good thing... that's all.  Same outlets, choice of a 15A or 20A IEC input connector on the Uber (6 times more contact area on the 20A).  I need to update my website, but I have just been slammed with good fortune, life and family.  I am a one man band and I'm trying to keep up, but the website has suffered from my "gotta do it all" mentality.  RMAF is kickin' my butt :hyper:

If you have any more questions, shoot me a PM.

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #52 on: 26 Sep 2009, 09:42 pm »
Dave, are you the same dBe who posted at the old Mad discussion board?
Mike, that would be me.  Which Mike you be?

Dave

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #53 on: 26 Sep 2009, 09:44 pm »
The UberBUSS is a Majik BUSS on steroids.  It came about by plugging two Majiks in series just to see what would happen.
Dave

What would the result be of plugging two Ubers in series?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #54 on: 26 Sep 2009, 10:11 pm »
The UberBUSS is a Majik BUSS on steroids.  It came about by plugging two Majiks in series just to see what would happen.
Dave

What would the result be of plugging two Ubers in series?
The Uber is that "point of diminishing returns" that we've all heard about, at least it is to me.  My 61 year old ears cannot really discern much of a difference with U+U.  The thing that did surprise me was the difference in the character of sound with The Oyaide outlets and the Furutech 20A inlet unit that I built for John Prator.  As a snake oil salesman, I thought that I was getting into serious snake oil terrirtory with those, but I'll be dipped: the difference was not subtle at all - VERY smooth.  I was, frankly, quite surprised at the difference.

Gotta get back to painting BUSSes.

Dave

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #55 on: 27 Sep 2009, 12:21 am »

The thing that did surprise me was the difference in the character of sound with The Oyaide outlets and the Furutech 20A inlet
Dave
[/quote]

Cost for this?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #56 on: 27 Sep 2009, 12:37 am »

The thing that did surprise me was the difference in the character of sound with The Oyaide outlets and the Furutech 20A inlet
Dave

Cost for this?
[/quote]Hey, Jason.  For these units, it is a $260.00 upgrade.  I don't make any money on the upgrade, I'm just trading dollars at that price.  I need to find a real supplier for the Oyaide and Furutech products.  Chris Ven Haus has been kind enough to give me a break on pricing, but it pretty much covers the shipping and time invested.  Unfortunately it is not anything that lends itself to a retrofit due to the way the Uber is built... not to be taken apart.

Dave

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #57 on: 27 Sep 2009, 12:41 am »
Hey, Jason.  For these units, it is a $260.00 upgrade.  I don't make any money on the upgrade, I'm just trading dollars at that price.  I need to find a real supplier for the Oyaide and Furutech products.  Chris Ven Haus has been kind enough to give me a break on pricing, but it pretty much covers the shipping and time invested.  Unfortunately it is not anything that lends itself to a retrofit due to the way the Uber is built... not to be taken apart.

Dave

Hmm.  might just have to sell my Uber 010...

Mike B.

« Reply #58 on: 27 Sep 2009, 08:25 pm »
Hi Dave, I think I went by Mike B. there? I had San do some crossover modeling for me and learned of Rick Craig, Clayton, Dennis Murphy, and Danny through that board. I was in the yes, you can hear a difference camp. Welcome to the wonderful world of highend audio manufacturing.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #59 on: 27 Sep 2009, 08:54 pm »
Hi Dave, I think I went by Mike B. there? I had San do some crossover modeling for me and learned of Rick Craig, Clayton, Dennis Murphy, and Danny through that board. I was in the yes, you can hear a difference camp. Welcome to the wonderful world of highend audio manufacturing.

MIke,

Thank you for the warm welcome.  It is good to hear of your company.  Hopefully we can do some business together, too.

The old MadBored was a great place.  Too bad it died a slow, languishing death at the hands of naysayers/ morons.  I miss the old place.  Most of the dweebs moved over to the Parts Express Tech Talk forum and make it a very painful setting to try to have a meaningful conversation in with all of their naiivety.  It is good to be here among friends and people that can hear.

Dave
« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2009, 03:33 am by dBe »