**UPDATED 12/19/2017** Rogersound Labs CG4/CG24 Speakers

ajzepp

That's very interesting...I honestly had never even thought to try them in that application...I haven't had the pleasure of hearing them yet, but the CG3s they just came out with are a bit smaller and probably would be pretty good in that way...

If RSL reads this by chance, Tomy2Tone (Tom) may have just come up with a great new way to market your speakers guys!!  :thumb:

(they chimed in earlier in the thread, so who knows...might as well give you some credit for the suggestion just in case  :thumb:  )

ajzepp

Hey guys, just a head's up...

RSL just released their CG3/CG23, which are a step down from the CG4/CG24 speakers that I have. They are putting a 5.1 package together with their new Speedwoofer 10s, and offering it for $999. I haven't heard these new speakers yet, but if they even come close to the ones I have, this is one of the craziest deals I've ever seen in audio. The sub is very nice. I have one here on a trial at present, and it's super clean and punchy. The output is quite impressive for a 10" driver, and it's pretty small and compact.

I seriously don't know how they could possibly have any margin selling five speakers and a quality sub for that price, but that's their problem lol.

Anyone in the market for a great HT rig should check this out.

happy Thanksgiving all

ajzepp

Re: **UPDATED 12/19/2017** Rogersound Labs CG4/CG24 Speakers
« Reply #102 on: 20 Dec 2017, 12:22 pm »
I cannot believe it's been five years since I fell in love with RSLs. The CG24s and CG4s are now officially the 2nd longest tenure of any speakers I've ever owned. (First place is Magnepan 3.6, and they will always be the champs.)

When I do research, it always tells me a lot when I look back on threads to see if the speakers that someone raved about are still in use, or if they've moved on to something else. So I thought I'd offer a quick update.

Do I still own the RSLs? Yes.
Do I still use the RSLs? Yes. All the time.
Do I still LOVE the RSLs? Yes. More than ever!
Do I plan to upgrade the RSLs to something else? Well...that's an interesting question!

This is probably breaking news - to Audio Circle, at least...I think it already broke on one or two of the other forums - but I caught up with Joe Rodgers, and he mentioned the new line is coming out very soon. I'll be honest, I was very sad to see my beloved 4/24 series discontinued. These speakers have redefined value for me at this price point. I've already said plenty on them throughout this thread, so I wont bore you anymore with that.

But the new speakers are the CG5 and CG25. I don't know if I have permission to mention the "who", but one of my favorite recording artists is auditioning the prototypes and, from what I understand, plans to consider the new line with future studio recordings. Anyway, no info on price, but even though I dont think I want to part with my 4/24s, I will likely nudge Joe to ship me a pair to audition and possibly create a youtube video discussing them. Who knows...maybe the new models will just be too good to resist  8)

So anyway, I know that I really appreciate when people offer updates on long-term speaker experiences, so just wanted to update this thread, as well. RSL has given me hundreds and hundreds of hours of entertainment over the past five years, and while my one true love will always be Maggie, I can't imagine giving up my RSLs anytime soon.

Happy Listening, everyone

Doublej

« Reply #103 on: 22 Dec 2017, 01:03 am »
When are the new speakers expected to hit the market?

ajzepp

« Reply #104 on: 19 Jan 2018, 06:21 am »
When are the new speakers expected to hit the market?

Sorry Doublej, just now saw this...last I checked, there was no official release date other than "this year", but they were really happy with the prototypes. I'll definitely update this thread as soon as I hear something further. I'm not sure if I'll feel the need to upgrade, mainly because I like the ones I have so much, but I'm definitely going to try to evaluate a new pair just to experience the areas of improvement. Part of me wonders if they'll take it in a direction that won't match my preferences (namely transparency...I love that they don't sound like boxes), but if the last three experiences are any indication, they'll likely be fantastic speakers.

EHill

« Reply #105 on: 13 Jul 2020, 03:25 am »
Hello,

Did you ever get a chance to audition the new RSL CG25’s?

If so can you do a comparison between the CG25’s vs the CG24’s?

I just read through your entire post and find this very interesting.
I’ve already sent Joe an email.

Thank you for posting all of your information on the CG24’s....!!!!