HT-2 Conversion

audioferret

HT-2 Conversion
« on: 24 Apr 2008, 06:26 pm »
Al,

I was wondering how convertable the HT-2 is (ported vs sealed)

Can I just use foam or cork to plug the ports on my HT-2s or does the crossover need to change?  Could I compensate for the tuning difference in volume by adding about 120 cubic inches of sand in a cloth bag?

Just curious...  :)

RAW

Re: HT-2 Conversion
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2008, 02:02 am »
Jared.
Yes you can seal off the ports with some foam.

If you re asking about the new HT2i , the crossover is all new design I did.Complete different crossover point as well as order.

So no the old parts can not be used in the new crossover.

audioferret

« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2008, 07:54 am »
I am still converting my HT2s to the HT2i, I just wasn't sure if I had to committ to one alignment over the other.  I am planning my HT build and currently intend to use five identical sealed HT2i speakers with my Rythmik Sub (considering building a second for fun...)

Also, as I have my HT3s, how feasible is it to build a HT3 center channel with either a front, rear, or down-firing SDX7?  I would want to try to voice the front three speakers as closely as possible, which is why I am looking at this option as well. 

RAW

« Reply #3 on: 25 Apr 2008, 03:25 pm »
Jared

Yes if you want build the smaller cabinet plan sealed with the roll off they will match with the sub you are looking at.

Now as far as a smaller center channel.Well we have it in the works now not the HT2i or HT2O in a center channel but rather a smaller Apex C center.The look is very familiar to some people.The design will use a pair of SDX7 woofers with a single mid and tweeter.

Kind of like a LCR :green:

audioferret

« Reply #4 on: 27 Apr 2008, 07:31 am »
Well we have it in the works now not the HT2i or HT2O in a center channel but rather a smaller Apex C center.The look is very familiar to some people.The design will use a pair of SDX7 woofers with a single mid and tweeter.

Kind of like a LCR :green:

Now you're talking!  Any idea of the anticipated F3, impedence, and sensitivity figures?   Sounds interesting....

RAW

« Reply #5 on: 27 Apr 2008, 03:26 pm »
Ya as of now it looks like this
^---^^----^^

How is that for a Frequency response :lol:

I held off doing the smaller center for years as people would ask for the LCR but with the ribbon.Well it is now time to do just that.
The new center left right speaker will be done the design work on the crossover in 2 weeks.After that getting the data and plans done.

With the cabinet plans they are not the LCR plans so do not build that plan.Our plan changes the midrange area greatly which alters the midrange presence.Over all this mid range shape will be similar to the HT3,HT8 as well as Apex III.

In the next few weeks I get some information on the design up, but I am still finishing the TL.