Custom dye any speakers to match as shown with these RA8

RAW

This customer had to have the speaker cabinets to match the wall unit.
Over all the RA8 fit in very well I think.

We will match to the best of our ability any door, drawer or sample we are given to any speakers we build.
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2008, 05:11 am by RAW »

mpauly

Re: Custom dye any speakers to match as shown with these RA8
« Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2006, 12:39 pm »
Very nice!!  What veneer/stain combo is that and how did you finish?

RAW

« Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2006, 02:33 pm »
First of we veneered the cabinets in a cherry veneer then applied a 3 layer dye first off with a mahogany stain with then a quick layer of a dark brown then back to a deep red dye.
With each coat only hitting the wood for a few seconds then wipe off each coat.

Best of both worlds the customer received his speakers he liked and the wife recieved the hidden look she wanted.

klh

« Reply #3 on: 28 Oct 2006, 04:57 pm »
Given the layout and the room and furniture, the speaker choise was magnificent and the finish even better. Well done! I bet he could pull the speakers out if he wanted to do some serious listening, then put them back when finished. They may be a bit heavy, but it's possible.

RAW

« Reply #4 on: 29 Oct 2006, 02:40 am »
What you see in that photo is were the speakers are today.This local customer only uses the room for HT and if he wants to crank up some tunes loud.And I mean loud his reciever rated at 110watts make these RA8 sing some high spl in that room.
What you do not see is that room is 40ft long.Yes and they sit at the back wall of that long room to watch movies.
We tried a few speakers in that room as I said he is local so we could loan him speakers to try for a week and the RA8 was enough for him once he had them for 1hr.Sold Sold Sold was his comments.
The effecincy was the selling factor as I said he wants to just have tunes playing while out in the hot tub or on the deck in the summer.Loud was a big factor for this customer.

When these were ordered we had to match the colour as best we could to make the size not so obvious to the eye.And with the colour match they do not stand out like they would if they were in Cherry.

Milehighguy

« Reply #5 on: 29 Oct 2006, 06:06 am »
Those cabinets look great. Right now I'm pushing 250 watts per side into my RA8's. If I want them loud, I turn the volume to about 1/4 (9 o'clock).

RAW

« Reply #6 on: 29 Oct 2006, 06:07 am »
 :lol:
Sounds like Jack

Milehighguy

« Reply #7 on: 29 Oct 2006, 06:43 am »
Hey, I don't crank them like that too often, but it's good to know I've got headroom to spare. I'm glad I didn't have these when I was young and (more) foolish, or I would be deaf today!

wmeckle

« Reply #8 on: 1 May 2007, 12:29 pm »
Do you have specific instructions for getting the finish shown in the pix ?
Where can I get the proper dyes and stain ?
Like em a lot.