next gen graphics engine for PS4/next XBOX

Rclark

next gen graphics engine for PS4/next XBOX
« on: 6 Jun 2012, 09:41 pm »
 Square/Enix tech demonstration of Final Fantasy engine for use in next gen platforms:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/06/e3-2012-square-enix-presents-the-lumines-engine

Click on link to watch video and use the toolbar at the bottom of the video to make sure you are seeing it fullscreen and in 720P, it's eerily lifelike.

Those next consoles are gonna be something else.

saisunil

Re: next gen graphics engine for PS4/next XBOX
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jun 2012, 11:10 pm »
wow, sounds / looks like a sci-fi movie

Rclark

Re: next gen graphics engine for PS4/next XBOX
« Reply #2 on: 7 Jun 2012, 09:23 am »
 Well, those represent the graphics home consoles will be able to produce in realtime, in about a year and a half or so. Pretty amazing, especially those last few seconds, the outdoor scene.

The next gen hardware should be good enough to create nearly anything imaginable. The rumored PS4 spec is that it will output to 4K resolution, which is astounding.

Sony on the rumored PS4, potentially coming out holiday 2013, "It's about being the best." Expect the same thing, the most powerful, most refined console with the most tech built into it at the highest cost to build, but this time launching before Microsoft or simultaneously.

I'm guessing Microsoft will up the quality this time around as well. They've had time to work on this, the 360 was a rush job.

I love consoles. The PS3 has surprised me, as it is so good in other areas, it's basically my main movie player, disc or otherwise, and I absolutely love it. It's such a cool device. But it's time to move on. I'm just disappointed they weren't able to further develop the Cell processor and use a new version of that rather than an AMD chip. Oh well, it will be a beast regardless.

The Wii U is looking like another inexpensive device that will launch this fall, before the other two, that will have good performance well above PS3/360, but it will far far short of PS4, and the next XBOX.

There are already developer rumors that the dev kits are all out there already and that the PS4/ next XBOX are significantly more powerful than Wii U.