Bryston Loudspeakers

Alphonse

Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #1540 on: 12 Feb 2014, 03:03 am »
James, are the Mini Ts sold only as pairs? Just wondering if you can buy 5 and a sub for 5.1 surround?

Thanks,

Al

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1541 on: 12 Feb 2014, 03:18 am »
James, are the Mini Ts sold only as pairs? Just wondering if you can buy 5 and a sub for 5.1 surround?

Thanks,

Al

Hi Al,

Yes you can buy them individually.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1542 on: 12 Feb 2014, 11:11 am »
Hi Folks,

Apparently the Bryston Mini T speakers had a good outing at a recent audio show in Germany  :thumb:

http://www.avitech.at/en/distribution/shows.php?showid=74

Thanks Al  :thumb:

james

lan077

« Reply #1543 on: 12 Feb 2014, 10:35 pm »
One of the very difficult things to do with a center because it is positioned horizontally as opposed to vertically (like the left and right speakers) is attaining the same polar dispersion on and off axis as the main speakers.  So the driver configuration/crossover/driver positioning etc. is critical to the get it right.  So in this case function determines form.  :thumb:

What did you like about the old version?

james

I liked the woofer layout was fairly wide and the overall cabinet design was elegant, but understand where you're coming from. Let me know by pm or email if any pre production models become available to be auctioned off or anything.  :thumb: 

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1544 on: 14 Feb 2014, 10:40 pm »
Subject: Mini T
Date: February 14, 2014 at 4:28:51 PM EST
To: James Tanner <jamestanner@bryston.com>

James,

Hi there!

Loving the Mini T - cannot believe how good they are.

Getting the BDP-1 and BDA-2 and then these speakers has been astounding...music is HUGE - had forgotten that immediacy and drive that come from speakers that can handle power.

I run the Mini t's in concert with 2 12" subs, so the system jams pretty good.

My question is around my current amp. I am driving the Mini T's with an (EDIT).

What do you guys recomend both in power and current, and also what models in Bryston lineup would you recommend - 4bsst2 get the job done?

Thanks for any help!!!

Matt

gordon

« Reply #1545 on: 19 Feb 2014, 03:27 am »
Am looking for a bookshelf sized speaker for two channel audio and the Mini A looks like it may fit the bill.

What is pricing (in Canada) and are there any comments from owners on the sound of the Mini A?

Appreciate any info.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1546 on: 19 Feb 2014, 04:39 am »
Am looking for a bookshelf sized speaker for two channel audio and the Mini A looks like it may fit the bill.

What is pricing (in Canada) and are there any comments from owners on the sound of the Mini A?

Appreciate any info.

Hi Gordon

$2695 the pair in vinyl finish - The Mini A will not play as loud or go as low but there is definitely a family resemblance.  I want the T Series and the A Series to be an 'application' choice for our customers not a 'quality' choice,

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1547 on: 19 Feb 2014, 10:47 am »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Speaker Feedback

T's' Made for Rock!

Yes, I got the audio bug again and brought home a pair of T's in black ash.

Having them for a week now I can say they are broke in, long weekends are great for that!
Listening to Deep Purple- Made in Japan, an album I've been listening to since 73, 74'ish, I've never heard it sound so, Hard Rock like. Of course it's not just Made in Japan, but just about every recording except for compressed Dolby Digital crap on music videos.

The bass is deep, which is fundamental to a lot of songs for them to sound right. A couple of songs by the Police, Synchronicity I & II, stood out like 'wow' and I'm really not that keen on the Police.

The mid-range and highs have exceptional detail. Like you can even discern what Ozzy is mumbling in Black Sabbath-Gathered in their Masses, Blu-ray.

Thank You, James for making great ROCK speakers!

Mag

Thank you for the kind comments Mag - what the Model T's do well is handle huge amounts of power with very low distortion and that lack of dynamic compression is what you are hearing in your T's. 

Enjoy!!!

James

gordon

« Reply #1548 on: 19 Feb 2014, 02:44 pm »
Hi Gordon

$2695 the pair in vinyl finish - The Mini A will not play as loud or go as low but there is definitely a family resemblance.  I want the T Series and the A Series to be an 'application' choice for our customers not a 'quality' choice,

james

Thanks James, but isn't that the same price as the Mini T?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1549 on: 19 Feb 2014, 11:33 pm »
Thanks James, but isn't that the same price as the Mini T?

Sorry I screwed up  :duh:

The Mini A's are $1200 the pair.

james

gordon

« Reply #1550 on: 20 Feb 2014, 01:13 am »
Sorry I screwed up  :duh:

The Mini A's are $1200 the pair.

james

$1200 sounds better, thanks. Someone from Whitby Audio is talking with Bryston for me about order lead times on the Mini A in real wood finish. I'm hopeful it's days not weeks?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1551 on: 20 Feb 2014, 01:38 am »
$1200 sounds better, thanks. Someone from Whitby Audio is talking with Bryston for me about order lead times on the Mini A in real wood finish. I'm hopeful it's days not weeks?

Hi Gordon

I think we only have Boston Cherry in real wood in stock.  there has been a real run on the Mini T's lately. :thumb:

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1552 on: 20 Feb 2014, 01:39 am »
Hi Gordon

I think we only have Boston Cherry in real wood in stock.  There's been a real run on the Mini T's lately. :thumb:

james

Matt501

« Reply #1553 on: 25 Feb 2014, 09:25 pm »
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, I may start a new thread as well...I was hoping for some input from Mini T owners on their thoughts regarding an MA7900 (Mac Integrated) vs a 4bsst2 and BP6 combo for the mini t's

I am looking at these two options and they both cost about exactly the same, are the same height (stacked) - I need to be under 8" to fit into their intended home.

Bryston is way more power output (500wpc into 4ohm vs Mac's 200) and none of the additional features of the Mac (I already have the bryston dac and digital player front end) and don't need a MM/MC stage.

Have people heard the two? How does the BP6 sound?

Driving Bryston Mini t speaker (86db - 4ohm)

gordon

« Reply #1554 on: 25 Feb 2014, 10:01 pm »

Hi James - I am referring to the MINI A's. AAAAA! :icon_lol:

Placed an order at Whitby Audio and their feedback is approx 4 weeks for Boston Cherry wood.

Will post comments as soon as I can get them set up.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1555 on: 25 Feb 2014, 10:27 pm »

Placed an order at Whitby Audio and their feedback is approx 4 weeks for Boston Cherry wood.

OK great - look forward to your comments.

james

servingko

« Reply #1556 on: 25 Feb 2014, 11:33 pm »
I have a BP6 paired with the 4BSST2 and also had a BP26 as well as a B100SST to compare the preamp section of it as well.  I owned all of these at the same time and in the end preferred the BP6 for it's combination of sound quality and simplicity.  My interconnect runs are less than 1/2 meter and the balanced didn't offer any improvement in sound quality that I could detect over single ended on the BP26.

The BP26 was a little more detailed and had slightly better/tighter bass and was preferred on my collection of reference disks but in the end I liked the sound of the BP6 just as much while listening to music and not evaluating the equipment.  The preamp section of the B100(BP17) was also very nice but the presentation of the soundstage was a bit behind the speakers and in the end didn't appeal to me as much as the more forward presentation of the BP6 and BP26.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #1557 on: 28 Feb 2014, 08:15 pm »

interesting, Gordon. did you have a chance to compare the mini A's to the mini T's??

keep us updated, please!

al.

gordon

« Reply #1558 on: 28 Feb 2014, 11:45 pm »

interesting, Gordon. did you have a chance to compare the mini A's to the mini T's??

keep us updated, please!

al.
Al, to my understanding there are no Mini A's in circulation yet. Hoping James can speed up my order so that I can share the good news on them  8).

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1559 on: 1 Mar 2014, 12:10 am »
Hi Folks,

Received this from a customer who purchased a complete Bryston surround speaker system:

•   Model T Signatures - Front left/right
•   Model TC-1 Center
•   Model T’s Surrounds,
•   Model T Subs x 2

Hi James,

I spent a few hours listening to CDs with the Model T Signatures last night. Did not power on the subs or other speakers. I can't believe how good these sound right out of the box. Absolutely amazing! You have blown the doors off of the (EDIT) which I have really adored.

I am now a Bryston junkie!

UPDATE:
My neighbor helped me with the center setup and also helped me unpack the rear speakers. So I finally got to fire up 5.1. Without taking the time to tune with a sound meter, I put in a Blu-Ray and roughly tuned levels by ear. The surround is AWESOME. I'm hearing things I never heard before and the usual stuff is certainly sounding better. Now I need to have dinner, calm down, and really tune it.

I tuned the system with a sound meter after I sent you the above email and had dinner. Oh, my goodness! I was up to 2am listening/watching. It sounds really fantastic James. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Best,
Marc