Bryston Loudspeakers

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #1420 on: 10 Oct 2013, 12:28 pm »
Alright, time to ask this embarrassing question  :D All this talk and reviews, are you guys talking about the Signature series with the external cross over or the passive model? :D

I finally sold my old system and finally looking to upgrade - All Bryston or....

Thanks,

Hi

So far all the reviews have been on the internal crossover 'Passive Model T' series (not Signature) and the 'mini t bookshelf'.

james

Beatles

« Reply #1421 on: 10 Oct 2013, 12:31 pm »
I have the passive Model T and LOVE them. Best value in high end audio in years.

ichychau

« Reply #1422 on: 10 Oct 2013, 02:55 pm »
Thanks James -

gene9p

« Reply #1423 on: 10 Oct 2013, 08:48 pm »
I have zero to none chance of demoing speakers..do you have any mini T' that customers can demo in their home and then place and order to purchase if they want them?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1424 on: 10 Oct 2013, 09:23 pm »
I have zero to none chance of demoing speakers..do you have any mini T' that customers can demo in their home and then place and order to purchase if they want them?

Hi Gene

I am sorry we do not but we have a dealer that may be able to help.  Where are you located?

james

gene9p

« Reply #1425 on: 11 Oct 2013, 01:35 am »
I am in Tarrytown, NY..10591..I called the local sellers but all I got was voice mails and no return calls

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1426 on: 11 Oct 2013, 01:56 am »
I am in Tarrytown, NY..10591..I called the local sellers but all I got was voice mails and no return calls

Ok - give Dave a call at

Audio Emporium
8766 N. Deerwood Dr. Brown Deer, WI 53209
Ph: 414-354-5082

ichychau

« Reply #1427 on: 12 Oct 2013, 06:22 am »
I just placed an order for a piano white gloss Model T. Next on the list, the BDP1 or 2.

James, could you tell me how much it will cost me to replace silver 7BSST2 to Black? Do I simply send it to Bryston and will shipping paid by me there and back?

Thanks,

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1428 on: 12 Oct 2013, 11:19 am »
I just placed an order for a piano white gloss Model T. Next on the list, the BDP1 or 2.

James, could you tell me how much it will cost me to replace silver 7BSST2 to Black? Do I simply send it to Bryston and will shipping paid by me there and back?

Thanks,

Hi,

The faceplates are about $200 plus shipping I believe but email Mike at Bryston and he can assist you.  mpickett@bryston.com. 

By the way I think the White with Black drivers on the Model T should look superb!!! :thumb:

Where did you hear the Model T's?

james

ichychau

« Reply #1429 on: 13 Oct 2013, 05:17 am »
I saw the speakers on the Bryston's website. I didn't get hype and excitement like everyone else.  :duh:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1430 on: 13 Oct 2013, 11:51 am »
I saw the speakers on the Bryston's website. I didn't get hype and excitement like everyone else.  :duh:

Well OK - I look forward to your assesment.  :thumb:

Which dealer did you order from and I will try and fast-track it for you.  I am going to build a second pair in Gloss White as well for demo purposes.  I think with the black drivers it should be an excellent look.  Still trying to decide on grill colour though as plain white does not work - I am thinking an off grey maybe or almond or black?

james

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #1431 on: 14 Oct 2013, 01:37 am »
White's nifty because you can use any color for contrast and have them match wherever you put them. Depending on the room setup, you could try several things. Perhaps a silver that matches the Bryston faceplates or a color that matches the storage system the electronics are on? Either way, please post a pick when you get it done!

I'm really excited for Bryston speakers to make their way to the west coast of the US so I can hear them. :)

- Garrett

bmoura

« Reply #1432 on: 14 Oct 2013, 10:25 am »
Hi Tom

Yes Craig and Gary from Bryston will be there with the Model T's and the Mini T's

james

Thanks for showing the Mini T's at RMAF.  Heard them in action and found them to be very smooth, accurate and honest. 
The value impressed as well.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1433 on: 14 Oct 2013, 11:12 am »
Thanks for showing the Mini T's at RMAF.  Heard them in action and found them to be very smooth, accurate and honest. 
The value impressed as well.

Thanks for the feedback bmoura - I really wanted the Bryston speaker line to offer state of the art performance at very affordable levels.  :thumb:

james

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
« Reply #1434 on: 14 Oct 2013, 04:02 pm »
seeing is not enough.
You must hear these.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1435 on: 14 Oct 2013, 04:19 pm »
seeing is not enough.
You must hear these.

Hi JRace

Did you hear them at the RMAF show?

james

bmoura

« Reply #1436 on: 14 Oct 2013, 06:36 pm »
Thanks for the feedback bmoura - I really wanted the Bryston speaker line to offer state of the art performance at very affordable levels.  :thumb:

james

You definitely succeeded. 

I was surprised after the demo when they told me the speakers were the Mini T's at that price.
With all of the cost is no object demos, very smart to show some products that are very high quality and yet affordable for many.

gene9p

« Reply #1437 on: 15 Oct 2013, 01:10 pm »
Ok - give Dave a call at

Audio Emporium
8766 N. Deerwood Dr. Brown Deer, WI 53209
Ph: 414-354-5082

contacted them..nice guy...they cannot provide a home audition either....hopefully some day I will get to hear them. I am using B&W 805 signatures right now and they sound terrific with the addition of the DAC-1 and the BP 20. I read an article where the MINI-t's were compared to the old Acoustic Research AR 3's..my first speakers and the bug was planted in my head. Loved those babies and had them for 20 years. Someone had a pair of AR 2's in their store this weekend at a street fair and they brought back such great memories. If you can ever convince the guys near me to answer their messages and set up an audition, I would love to check them out.

ichychau

« Reply #1438 on: 16 Oct 2013, 05:37 am »
seeing is not enough.
You must hear these.

Yup, auditioned them several times before I made the purchase - super glossy white James!!! Whats the ETA on them to the Vancouver Dealer?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1439 on: 16 Oct 2013, 10:25 am »
Yup, auditioned them several times before I made the purchase - super glossy white James!!! Whats the ETA on them to the Vancouver Dealer?

Hi,

I would say about 2-3 weeks from order.

james