Bryston Loudspeakers

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #1400 on: 19 Sep 2013, 10:48 am »
Gee, I certainly would like to have known about this show.... looking great. As a 28b owner am a prospect buyer of these Model T's and am looking forward to auditioning them finally. No announcement of this show has reached me unfortunately. Does this mean a pair of T's is within our borders to stay?
Would you know of any related future  events in Holland James?

Cheers, Marius

Hi Marius

Yes we sent Mafico a set of the mini t's and he was really, really impressed and ordered the rest of the Model T's for the show and he is now the distributor of the speakers in Holland.  I am not sure on any more shows though.

james

Marius

« Reply #1401 on: 19 Sep 2013, 10:55 am »
Great, will give Mafico a call soon then to arrange an audition.
Thanks!
Marius

Hi Marius

Yes we sent Mafico a set of the mini t's and he was really, really impressed and ordered the rest of the Model T's for the show and he is now the distributor of the speakers in Holland.  I am not sure on any more shows though.

james

Rod_S

« Reply #1402 on: 19 Sep 2013, 11:52 am »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers                                                                                             
SUBJECT: Holland Audio Show

Hi James

Send you these photos we took on September 15th  2013.

Full Bryston ‘7.4’ Surround setup:

•   Bryston SP-3 Surround Processor
•   Model T’s (Front Left /Right)
•   Model T Center
•   4 Mini T’s Surrounds
•   4 Model T Active Subwoofers and
•   2 x Bryston 28B Mono Amps
•   3 x 4B Stereo Amps

We displayed at the X-fi show in Holland together with Sony and Cinemadreams (dealer) to show the First 4K Sony projector and demo the new Bryston  Model T speakers in surround setup. You see the amps we have been using on the pictures.

We had a full house for 2 days approx 1200-1500 visitors.

With Kind Regards

Coen
Mafico
Benelux

Whoa, that's quit the Bryston setup. Are there any pictures from the event you can post? I would love to see the entire setup. What's the 3rd 4B being used for, bi-amping the mains perhaps?

Thanks,

Rod

95Dyna

« Reply #1403 on: 19 Sep 2013, 11:35 pm »
Hi

Certainly plan to do that but we are selling all we can build at this point through the current dealers and distributors.  Every Model T is hand assembled and tested in our anechoic chamber so it is not a mass produced product.

james

OK, you have pushed me one step closer to a road trip to Toronto, gotta get my passport renewed-my how times have changed.  I once had more trouble getting into California from Arizona than I ever had crossing the Canadian border  :thumb:

bjski

« Reply #1404 on: 21 Sep 2013, 01:34 pm »
James,
With all the buzz about the model T I'm considering a pair. I was thinking of putting them in my home theater. Would a 9BSST/2 have enough juice to make them sing or should a 4BSST/2 be the minimum. I have a pair of 7BSST/2 in my 2 channel dungeon system. I could always replace or move those speakers.

I live in New Jersey so the closest dealer Connecticut? If you need a dealer in New Jersey I would be happy to rep them. LOL!
Cheers,
BJ

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1405 on: 21 Sep 2013, 03:16 pm »
James,
With all the buzz about the model T I'm considering a pair. I was thinking of putting them in my home theater. Would a 9BSST/2 have enough juice to make them sing or should a 4BSST/2 be the minimum. I have a pair of 7BSST/2 in my 2 channel dungeon system. I could always replace or move those speakers.

I live in New Jersey so the closest dealer Connecticut? If you need a dealer in New Jersey I would be happy to rep them. LOL!
Cheers,
BJ

Hi BJ

How large is the room?  My guess is a 4B would be the better option depending on room size.  I have a dealer in Cape Cod now.

james

bjski

« Reply #1406 on: 21 Sep 2013, 04:20 pm »
Hi BJ

How large is the room?  My guess is a 4B would be the better option depending on room size.  I have a dealer in Cape Cod now.

james

Hi James,
Not sure of the dimension's but it has an open area going to the kitchen.  Just as I thought,4B.

Pretty sure I know who your new dealer is.

Don't want to blow smoke up your a..... but the Bryston Team has been on an amazing roll. Keep up the fantastic work! :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1407 on: 22 Sep 2013, 11:41 am »
SUBJECT: Report From The Speaker Trenches – Bryston Model T

The Model T's have to be one of my favorite speakers!

They're by far the best speaker at there price point IMO. As for what types of music I listen to I really listen to everything. I've played everything from The Eagles, Bruno Mars, AC/DC, Guns n Roses, & I can go on. In regards to listening impressions, the speakers create a really dynamic soundstage. They can effortlessly reproduce any music you throw at them. I'm also using Krell as you can see from my signature. I'm very happy with the synergy between Krell and Bryston.

The Model T's really do have everything you could want from a speaker. They have the ability to produce amazing bass and general "loudness" without having to use high power amplifiers. The clarity and accuracy of the mid's and tweeters is phenomenal.

You will not find another speaker at this price point that can do what the Bryston Model T's do!

MasterLuJr 
Legend

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1408 on: 22 Sep 2013, 12:16 pm »
Hi James,

Don't want to blow smoke up your a..... but the Bryston Team has been on an amazing roll. Keep up the fantastic work! :thumb:

Thanks bjski for the vote of confidence - I have always wanted to develop a reference loudspeaker at a real world price and this project has really expanded beyond my original idea of a single active reference loudspeaker for my personal use but so far people seem to like what they hear.  The other advantage is now we can predict the performance for our customers now right from the source through to the speaker. :thumb:

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1409 on: 1 Oct 2013, 12:09 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw7Dn65SmXI

Gary is our new Bryston support person - cause I'm getting old  :thumb:

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1410 on: 3 Oct 2013, 12:02 pm »
Hi Folks,

Sneak peak of Absolute Sound Magazine review of the Bryston ‘mini t’ loudspeaker in the upcoming December issue  .  One of the main advantages of the Model T series speakers is their ability to provide flat frequency response into real listening rooms due to their excellent power response. I thought the below comment from the reviewer was apropos.

“James was certainly not surprised when I informed him that the Mini T’s produced the flattest frequency response (32Hz–10kHz +/- 2.7dB) I have yet observed in my listening room!”

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1411 on: 3 Oct 2013, 03:11 pm »
SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Speaker – Customer Feedback

Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 10:17 AM

“James

The Model T’s are just fantastic!

The sense of realism and presence they convey is uncanny. Kudos to you and your design team for building such a great speaker.

My wife (a pianist and professional French horn player) was equally impressed, and she’s quite discriminating in her musical tastes. “They’re so full and rich”, she said several times (and she should know full and rich having been a member of several orchestras across Canada). I’m impressed with the way they resolve cymbals – it really sounds like a wooden stick hitting a tempered metal disc. The “bite” of the reed on saxophones, and the initial pluck of guitar strings (both electric and acoustic) is also incredibly life-like. On drums, I get a real sense of a taught membrane being struck; the tone of the drumhead really comes through.

I haven’t given them a true run-through with piano, but so far they’re very faithful to the instrument (we have a baby grand, so I know what they sound like). I’ll let you know more of my impressions after further listening.

Once again, thanks for the awesome (there’s that word again) product”

Dan

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1412 on: 5 Oct 2013, 11:43 am »
Hi Folks,

Sneak peak of Absolute Sound Magazine review of the Bryston ‘mini t’ loudspeaker in the upcoming December issue  .  One of the main advantages of the Model T series speakers is their ability to provide flat frequency response into real listening rooms due to their excellent power response. I thought the below comment from the reviewer was apropos.

“James was certainly not surprised when I informed him that the Mini T’s produced the flattest frequency response (32Hz–10kHz +/- 2.7dB) I have yet observed in my listening room!”

Hi Folks,

I have had time finally to completely read the above review on the Mini T from Absolute Sound Magazine in totality and I must say it is superb :thumb:  It really nails the concept we were trying to achieve in our speakers of flat in room frequency response, huge dynamic capability without dynamic compression and excellent sound power and expansive listening window.  I think Mini T owners will be very, very pleased with the reviewers thoughts and opinions.

james

TomS

« Reply #1413 on: 5 Oct 2013, 12:56 pm »
Are the Model T's coming to RMAF 2013?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1414 on: 5 Oct 2013, 01:02 pm »
Are the Model T's coming to RMAF 2013?

Hi Tom

Yes Craig and Gary from Bryston will be there with the Model T's and the Mini T's

james

TomS

« Reply #1415 on: 5 Oct 2013, 01:18 pm »
Great and thanks!

gene9p

« Reply #1416 on: 5 Oct 2013, 01:22 pm »
James,

Cheers,
BJ

Those guys in CT  only have voice mails and never return calls..........

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1417 on: 9 Oct 2013, 12:32 pm »
Hi Folks,

There are more reviews coming on the ‘Bryston Mini T speakers’ and I received this yesterday from a reviewer from a major magazine – me thinks he likes it !!!

Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 12:59 PM
To: James Tanner
Subject: Re: Bryston System

Hi James,

I am planning on having this published before Nov 1, will keep you updated as I progress. My intentions are to review the system as a whole (BP17 preamp - 28B-SST2 Mono Amps - Mini T speakers),

“Any advice on how to convince my wife and banker that we should re-mortage my house so I can keep this system?”

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1418 on: 9 Oct 2013, 07:52 pm »

ichychau

« Reply #1419 on: 10 Oct 2013, 05:58 am »
Alright, time to ask this embarrassing question  :D All this talk and reviews, are you guys talking about the Signature series with the external cross over or the passive model? :D

I finally sold my old system and finally looking to upgrade - All Bryston or....

Thanks,