Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #1380 on: 3 Sep 2013, 04:11 pm »
GREAT sounding album!

95Dyna

« Reply #1381 on: 6 Sep 2013, 03:17 am »
Correct - Harry James on Sheffield - Direct to Disc :thumb:

james

Those recordings were the cat's meow.  I also have Lincoln Mayorga and Colleagues Vol. 3 on Sheffield Direct to Disc.  In the interest of staying on topic James I have a homework assignment for you that I'm sure you won't mind completing.  If you haven't already done so give a critical listen to the Harry James album and give us a review on how the brilliant, dynamic big band sound of Harry James on Sheffield Labs Direct to Disc sounds coming out of those Model T's.

Happy listening  :thumb:

The Glass Prison

« Reply #1382 on: 8 Sep 2013, 08:37 pm »
Hi Jeff,

Correct - I did not want the A's vs the T's to be a 'better/best' decision - I wanted it to be an application decision not a quality decision.  So the Model A-1  will not go as deep or play as loud as a Model T but in all other aspects it is the same quality/performance approach.

james

Do you have any specs on the Model A line?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1383 on: 8 Sep 2013, 09:03 pm »
Do you have any specs on the Model A line?

Hi

Still in final development but other than slightly less bass response and less maximum output due to the 6.5 inch woofers rather than the 8 inch in the Model T versions they will be the same. I wanted the Model A's to be an application choice not a performance choice relative to the Model T's.

James

The Glass Prison

« Reply #1384 on: 8 Sep 2013, 09:37 pm »
I'm looking forward to auditioning to hear the differences between the two lines. It was great honour to discuss audio with you yesterday.
Thanks
Greg

Ron D

« Reply #1385 on: 8 Sep 2013, 10:01 pm »
James - any scheduled stops in AB?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1386 on: 8 Sep 2013, 11:34 pm »
James - any scheduled stops in AB?

Trying for October in Edmonton.

James

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1387 on: 9 Sep 2013, 05:13 pm »
One of our Dealers showing Model T LCR Setup:

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #1388 on: 10 Sep 2013, 05:19 am »
Sure does look nice. Maybe time for a bigger TV though.  :wink:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1389 on: 15 Sep 2013, 01:45 am »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Speakers …. Customer Update

Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2013
To: James Tanner
Subject: Re: Model T

“This is an update to my initial impressions of the Bryston Model T full range loudspeakers.

Now I listen to a LOT of music typically with my system I was averaging maybe 4 hours a day, being a daytrader I have this luxury. Now it's closer to 8 hours and a large portion has been looking for faults because there's no way a $6500 speaker can or should be this good. I've had $30,000 speakers where their shortcomings always revealed themselves to me within a week and sometimes a far shorter period of time than that.

The Brystons do not really do anything wrong now mind you they should for this price but I'll be damned if I can find it. What I can hear are things that no other speakers do.

At first I thought that perhaps they were not quite as transparent as some other speakers but with lots of listening I realized that everything that is on the recording IS there it's just that nothing is thrown in your face or stands out from any other region and that my friends is what live music sounds like. At an acoustic concert one does not comment on how incredible the mids are or how defined the highs are it's just an organic, holographic whole and this is how the Model T’s present music.

These are trend setters, benchmarks that future speakers will be compared to but the speakers being compared to the Brystons will be more expensive, much more expensive.”

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1390 on: 15 Sep 2013, 02:35 pm »
SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Speaker Opinion

“This is NOT a Sales Pitch !

(Just a personal Observation that I want to share)

Not many people have had the opportunity to audition the BRYSTON speakers. I did, so as this is just my opinion, obviously, it is up to you if you want to or care to read this.  I’ll be very short;

Room: HORRIBLE!  Absolutely just about the worst acoustic situation you could find; Almost a corner load of one speaker, stairwell & door inches from the other, very wide opening at the back, side of the room.  No treatments.

Equipment: BRYSTON Mono-blocks 7B-SST2, BRYSTON BDA-2 DAC, a Denon receiver as the Pre, Audioquest cables, BRYSTON Model T Signature Speakers (custom walnut) *(the homeowner just purchased the BRYSTON SP-3, but didn’t install it yet).

Having owned most of the [must-have] speakers, I currently own B&W 802, GENELEC 8030, KEF sub, JAMES LOUDSPEAKER (various models), and while not actively playing anymore, as a former Alto player, and growing  up going to all types of live music events, I think my ears are [pretty good]!

The Model T Speakers without question have the best bass I think I have ever heard on a full range loudspeaker, reproducing deep bass accurately, not thudding or w/o musical tone, not distorted, and not bloated.  I just listed to “You Can’t Always Get What You Want”, and the hairs on my arms stood up!  The Mid-range was shockingly accurate and revealing.  When the drum is whacked, you can almost feel the skin on the drum head and the wood stick hitting it.  Like LIVE music!  The reproduction of the instruments was so accurate you could almost think you were there.

The drivers are demonstrating a properly crossed over matched set, but technical mumbo-jumbo aside…were just seamless & absolutely musical.  I listened to classical, lots of classical jazz, rock, and dare I admit, old-school rap. Nothing, but nothing we played seemed to ever cause a ruffle in the reproduction. I have heard some very impressive speakers over the past 20 years, with 2 that stood out within the past 5 or 6, but none, not a single one, seemed to accurately reproduce 7 octaves…until now.

The MODEL T is so underpriced…that if this was 2004, we would need to build a new factory just to keep up with demand.  A CULT model in its infancy!

Again, just my opinion!

Wayne”

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1391 on: 15 Sep 2013, 04:42 pm »
Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2013 10:57 AM
To: James Tanner
Subject: Re: THIS IS NOT A SALES PITCH

James,

Thank you for sharing other people’s opinions on the Model T's.

I could not agree more with these reviews. After having these speakers for over 2 months I am still amazed by how real they sound.

I can only imagine how you feel upon the success of the model T.

Congratulations.

Carlos.

gahabana

« Reply #1392 on: 15 Sep 2013, 05:31 pm »
Finishes for Model T - where to see potential options ?
Hi, I'd like to order Model T's and was thinking about upgrading from standard veneer. Where could i see pictures of potential customer finishes (real wood) ?
I've seen on this forum Rosewood, some Zebra wood and someone wrote about Chestnut ... but would be really great to see what options one could choose from.

Thanks a lot in advance !!!

Gaha

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1393 on: 15 Sep 2013, 05:44 pm »
Finishes for Model T - where to see potential options ?
Hi, I'd like to order Model T's and was thinking about upgrading from standard veneer. Where could i see pictures of potential customer finishes (real wood) ?
I've seen on this forum Rosewood, some Zebra wood and someone wrote about Chestnut ... but would be really great to see what options one could choose from.

Thanks a lot in advance !!!

Gaha

Hi

The standard wood finishes are Natural Cherry, Black Ash and Boston Cherry.

We can do a custom colour like Rosewood and Walnut as well or if you want a custom colour as a special order.

james

drummermitchell

« Reply #1394 on: 16 Sep 2013, 11:50 pm »
Talked to my dealer in Edmonton on Saturday about auditioning the T's.
He'll be back in a week from a holiday and then I can book a room with the T's and F-52's(which they have) as I have the 50a's at home here.
The 52's should be close to the 50a's so it should be a fun audition :thumb:.
Might be a set of T's comin home to a new home.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1395 on: 16 Sep 2013, 11:55 pm »
Talked to my dealer in Edmonton on Saturday about auditioning the T's.
He'll be back in a week from a holiday and then I can book a room with the T's and F-52's(which they have) as I have the 50a's at home here.
The 52's should be close to the 50a's so it should be a fun audition :thumb:.
Might be a set of T's comin home to a new home.

Looking forward to your comments Don :thumb:

james

95Dyna

« Reply #1396 on: 17 Sep 2013, 03:48 pm »
Hey James, just saw the T series full page ad inside the front cover of the October Stereophile.  Does this mean that we might be getting some dealers in the northeastern US?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1397 on: 17 Sep 2013, 04:01 pm »
Hey James, just saw the T series full page ad inside the front cover of the October Stereophile.  Does this mean that we might be getting some dealers in the northeastern US?

Hi

Certainly plan to do that but we are selling all we can build at this point through the current dealers and distributors.  Every Model T is hand assembled and tested in our anechoic chamber so it is not a mass produced product.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1398 on: 18 Sep 2013, 07:10 pm »
SUBJECT: Holland Audio Show

Hi James

Send you these photos we took on September 15th  2013.

Full Bryston ‘7.4’ Surround setup:

•   Bryston SP-3 Surround Processor
•   Model T’s (Front Left /Right)
•   Model T Center
•   4 Mini T’s Surrounds
•   4 Model T Active Subwoofers and
•   2 x Bryston 28B Mono Amps
•   3 x 4B Stereo Amps

We displayed at the X-fi show in Holland together with Sony and Cinemadreams (dealer) to show the First 4K Sony projector and demo the new Bryston  Model T speakers in surround setup. You see the amps we have been using on the pictures.

We had a full house for 2 days approx 1200-1500 visitors.

With Kind Regards

Coen
Mafico
Benelux

Marius

« Reply #1399 on: 19 Sep 2013, 06:35 am »
Gee, I certainly would like to have known about this show.... looking great. As a 28b owner am a prospect buyer of these Model T's and am looking forward to auditioning them finally. No announcement of this show has reached me unfortunately. Does this mean a pair of T's is within our borders to stay?
Would you know of any related future  events in Holland James?

Cheers, Marius

SUBJECT: Holland Audio Show

Hi James

Send you these photos we took on September 15th  2013.

Full Bryston ‘7.4’ Surround setup:

•   Bryston SP-3 Surround Processor
•   Model T’s (Front Left /Right)
•   Model T Center
•   4 Mini T’s Surrounds
•   4 Model T Active Subwoofers and
•   2 x Bryston 28B Mono Amps
•   3 x 4B Stereo Amps

We displayed at the X-fi show in Holland together with Sony and Cinemadreams (dealer) to show the First 4K Sony projector and demo the new Bryston  Model T speakers in surround setup. You see the amps we have been using on the pictures.

We had a full house for 2 days approx 1200-1500 visitors.

With Kind Regards

Coen
Mafico
Benelux