Bryston Loudspeakers

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #1300 on: 20 Jun 2013, 03:32 pm »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers                                                                                     June 2013                                   
SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Customer Feedback

Hi Folks – nice comments from a Bryston Model T customer responding to a question on a speaker forum.

“Hey Zissou,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in your thread at AH you claimed to have owned these in the past: Wilson Audio Sophia 1 , Wilson Audio Watt Puppy 7, Revel Salon,  Revel Salon2.  You also alluded to owning others like the Linkwitz Orion, KEF 207/2-- or at least spending time with them.  Impressive.   The Revel Salon2 speakers are regarded as some of the best speakers in the world by many...... especially for accuracy and neutrality.

Here are my questions for you; in your opinion, do the Bryston Model T's outperform the "best speaker in the world" or is it based on value for dollar you make the "revelation" statement?”

“Hi,

Yes I have owned those as well as the Magnepan MG20.1. Firstly there is no "best speaker in the world" by their very design they are imperfect devices and every design
is a series of trade offs and strengths that culminate in the final product. The Brystons have a set of strengths that I have not heard in any other full range, multispeaker system.

I certainly have not heard the best speaker in the world and truly doubt I ever will, that is if there is one it could change tomorrow. The Bryston Model T’s  more than competes with anything I have owned,  if they didn't they would have been sold off and I would have moved on.  Their coherence and sound-staging abilities differentiate them from the other speakers I have owned whilst retaining their strengths.

This makes them a revelation and their price point and makes this level of performance more accessible to more people. This in and of itself makes these a game changer.

Zissou”

Samurai7595

« Reply #1301 on: 20 Jun 2013, 06:56 pm »
James,

For the Bryson Middle T speakers, what's the retail additonal cost for the Hardwood Veneer finish?

What colors are being offered for the Hardwood Veneer finish?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1302 on: 20 Jun 2013, 07:08 pm »
James,

For the Bryson Middle T speakers, what's the retail additonal cost for the Hardwood Veneer finish?

What colors are being offered for the Hardwood Veneer finish?

HI

In Canada the real wood finish is an extra $800 the pair in Natural Cherry, Boston Cherry or Black Ash. 

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1303 on: 22 Jun 2013, 01:23 pm »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers                                                                                     June 2013                                   
SUBJECT: Bryston Speaker Surround System

Hi Folks,

Another Recently Installed Super sounding Bryston System.

System includes:  Bryston Model T.s  front left and right with Bryston Model T Center up front.   Surrounds are Model T’s and rears are mini t’s.  Two  Bryston 6BSST2 amplifiers,  Bryston BDP-1 Digital Player and Bryston BDA-1 DAC.

Video is  80"sharp for regular TV watching and above is a motorized 165" 2.35:1 Stewart film screen for a theatre experience.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1304 on: 24 Jun 2013, 12:40 pm »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers                                                                                                                     
SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Customer Feedback

Sent: Monday, June 24
Subject: RE: Model T Speakers

James,

I have not been able to spend as much time as I wish with the new model T speakers, but on my first impressions I could tell you that they are amazing!

The level of detail these speakers brought to my system is unbelievable, I was listening to Diana Krall DVD "Live from Paris" and it was fantastic to hear so many details I had never heard (I've owed that DVD for at least 7 years!). There is a track where she does a piano solo, and with these speakers my system was able to reproduce the "wood on wood" sound the piano keys when she strike the keys harder, like if I was sitting 10 feet from the piano!

Another great improvement was perceived in the turntable/vinyl area. The image is impressive, and it gave an air of fullness specially to instruments like Sax, trumpets,  and bass. The voice became so real to the point that it is hard to believe.

Overall the bass response is outstanding, so evenly distributed across all low frequencies.  I cannot wait until I get a real set of amplifiers (like the 7BSST's), I can only imagine the improvements these will bring in.

Thanks a lot for these great speakers!

Carlos.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1305 on: 25 Jun 2013, 05:03 pm »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1306 on: 25 Jun 2013, 05:20 pm »
SUBJECT: Bryston Middle T – Dealer Feedback

Hi, James

Had some time over  the week end to give the Middle T's a listen , I must say  I am very impressed .

I started off with one of Taj Mahal’s early recordings , I've been listening to this recording for over 40 years now, though I had heard it all ,but  the Middle T,s managed to give  that old recording new life, even through the tape hiss, over done bass and cutting lathe rumble the music had a spooky sense of presence, even the bass was better controlled with out compromising of depth .

On Howling wolf,s London sessions I could swear I heard one of the musician,s cursing in the background. I love the fact that these speakers maintain a sense of presents without being harsh , switching to my reference speakers my wife immediately complained that the sound was edgy. Listening to nine inch nails "Hurt" was a ball, the combination of big bass and dynamics is diaper filling fun. Listening to the Johnny Cash version of that song you  could hear every glass of whiskey he drank and every cigarette  he smoked.

If you have been starving for dynamic slam with no pain these are the speakers for you. Oh and C.Saint Saens "Le carneval des Animaux "was mesmerizing.

Well better get some work done cuz I see a new pair of speakers in my future.

Well done James.

Gary
Bryston Dealer

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1307 on: 26 Jun 2013, 02:54 pm »
SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Customer Review

To: Rich Jackson
Subject: Re: Model T Reaction

Rich,

Thank you for the audition of the Bryston Model T’s. I had so much fun listening to the new model Ts.

Rich Jacksons Audio Room

My biggest reaction was simply that Bryston managed to deliver a product of this quality at such a low price point -- very impressive! In a largely mechanical device like a speaker or turntable, sometime a certain design just clicks, has a certain magic. That is clearly the case with the Model T. It's not a revolutionary design, but the performance for the money certainly is revolutionary.

In terms of their sound, I thought their sound-staging was outstanding: wide, tall and very deep and three dimensional. Another big impression was the quality of the bass; so tight and well defined. Overall a delightful and well-rounded speaker system.

Yay Bryston!

Jon
Sierra Nevada Audiophile Society

Samurai7595

« Reply #1308 on: 26 Jun 2013, 06:52 pm »
James,

Would you have a picture of the rear of the Bryston Middle T speakers?  I'm interested in seeing the binding post arrangement.

Can these be bi-wired and would there be any sonic benefits in doing so using a Bryston 4B-SST2 power amp?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1309 on: 26 Jun 2013, 07:58 pm »
James,

Would you have a picture of the rear of the Bryston Middle T speakers?  I'm interested in seeing the binding post arrangement.

Can these be bi-wired and would there be any sonic benefits in doing so using a Bryston 4B-SST2 power amp?

They are right at the base of the speaker and they can be biwired.

Samurai7595

« Reply #1310 on: 27 Jun 2013, 10:41 am »
Thanks James!

By the way, what options (if any) are being offered on the Middle T in terms of feet/stands?

What is the Canadian pricing for these various options?

They are right at the base of the speaker and they can be biwired.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1311 on: 27 Jun 2013, 10:47 am »
Thanks James!

By the way, what options (if any) are being offered on the Middle T in terms of feet/stands?

What is the Canadian pricing for these various options?

The speakers come with flat furniture feet and spiked cones.  The option is a set of OUTRIGGERS - metal and they extend out from each corner.

Outriggers are $399 a pair.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1312 on: 27 Jun 2013, 11:14 am »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers                                                                                     
SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Speaker - Dealer Feedback

June 2013                                   

Hi Folks,
From Legend A/V – Our Dealer in Cap Cod regarding Model T’s

Hi James

I played my new Bryston Model T's today for the first time.

What a game changer, they sound simply Amazing!

These speakers perform so far beyond their price point, it makes you think Bryston priced them wrong. 

Congrad's James on yet another Grand Slam for Bryston in the audio world! 

Ivan
« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2013, 05:36 pm by James Tanner »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1313 on: 27 Jun 2013, 03:34 pm »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1314 on: 29 Jun 2013, 11:20 am »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers                                                                                 SUBJECT: Bryston mini t Model T Customer Feedback

To: James TannerSubject: mini t and Model T Signature

Hi James

I am currently auditioning a pair of Bryston Mini T’s and am very impressed so far.

The mini T’s have surprised me with the wide soundstage cast beyond their placement as well as the detailed mid’s/hi’s and very surprising detailed low end. They definitely punch above their weight.

One additional attribute is that my preference for analogue vinyl playback is reinforced by these speakers. Most of the digital music I play through the Bdp-1 are hi res (192khz/24-bit) FLAC files downloaded from HD Tracks. I was impressed immediately by the BDP-1/bda-1 combination when I acquired both pieces. I was getting underwhelmed by my current speakers when playing vinyl but the mini t’s presence has renewed my appreciation for analogue.

The mini t’s have succeeded in getting me very interested in the Model T Signatures – I’ll be requesting an audition very soon. I’ll be comparing Focal Scala’s, Wilson Sasha’s and the Model T’s. I’ve heard the Scala’s and Wilson Sophia’s. Given what I heard from the mini t’s I suspect the Model T’s will hold their own with this competition.

I’ll talk to Dennis Parsons at Hi Fi Installations in Vancouver about setting up an audition of the Model T Sig’s.

As an aside, he recommends the Mini T’s be renamed Mighty T’s given their weight and performance.

Andrew

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1315 on: 30 Jun 2013, 10:51 am »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers                                                      July 2013                                   

Masterlu 
AA Founder,
Legend AV Owner

Bryson Model T update

I really must comment further on the Bryston Model T's

We have all seen the positive reviews these speakers have been getting; in fact it's so much, you may start taking it with a grain of salt.

Let me tell you, I have been playing mine since early this morning. First, I have done no speaker setup whatsoever I just flanked my JBL’s with them. Second I still haven't put the Outrigger stands on them, which will further improve their sound even more.

Guys, I kid you not; these speakers "Must be Heard" to be believed. They just do everything right, the bottom end is crazy deep. The mids, and highs are terrific; but even more amazing is the sound stage these are throwing.

Now I know I'm driving these with all Accuphase gear, but these are simply amazing. I can easily put these up against speakers costing $15-$20k. Another fantastic plus is they have a remarkable small footprint, and are very WAF friendly. What are you waiting for; get out and audition a pair!

James... Truly Outstanding Work!

Ivan

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1316 on: 30 Jun 2013, 01:30 pm »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers                                                                                     July 2013                                   
SUBJECT: Bryston MIDDLE T Customer Review

To: James Tanner
Subject: Bryston MIDDLE T review

Dear James,

Now I have had the Bryston MIDDLE T for almost a week and I would like to share my impressions so far.

My Hifi and music journey started many years ago. My first system was a Linn turntable, a Linn integrated amplifier and a pair of Linn standmount speakers. After that I have changed and tried many different kinds of electronic equipment for example, Pioneer, NAD, Vincent, Primare, Sony etc. Speaker brands ranging from Linn, Yamaha, Audiovector etc. Around 8 years ago I purchased a pair of XXXX (edit) speakers. XXXX was at that time a new brand for the Swedish market but they would eventually become my reference speaker brand. When I started reading about XXXX, the brand Bryston was also mentioned and I started to be curious. However the price level was at that time out of my grasp. 

Some years back however I started to have the possibility to upgrade my system and I began to upgrade my speakers to XXXX and then I find a good deal on a Bryston B100SST and I also purchased a Bryston BDA-1 and a Bryston BCD-1. I appreciated the exceptional quality and sound of the Bryston gear in combination with great service and responsiveness from you. I upgraded to XXXX and thought I had found the perfect stereo set-up. However I was still missing something when it came to the sound of voices and the bass response, especially when playing rock music. I am now playing music through Resonessence Labs Invicta together with Bryston 3BSST2 and a Heed Audio CD-transport.

I decided to take a chance and purchase a pair of the Bryston Middle T which would replace my XXXX. I had never listened to the Bryston Middle but after your advice I took the chance. I received them last week and was very excited and full of expectations when I hooked them up. First of all they look great in their Natural Cherry Wood veneer. But what would they sound like!?

My first impressions were that voices were now clearer and more natural, the bass was exactly what I had been craving for and the detail was still very good. One of my favorites is Toto and especially when Joseph Williams was their lead singer. I have heard Joseph Williams in concert twice and both times in smaller places (around 50-400 people) and I have been sitting about 10 meters from him so I kind of know what his voice should sound like. The Bryston Middle T have given me the best reproduction I have ever heard. With the XXXX I have always enjoyed acoustic music but rock has lacked something. Now with the Bryston Middle T I enjoy rock music the way it should sound like. It is a lot more engaging than the XXXX and the Bryston Middle T have a bass response to die for. Voices are also a lot clearer and so natural.

But then what about detail? First I thought that the Bryston Middle T was not revealing as much detail as the XXXX. But after listening for a while longer I realized that the Middle T are revealing as much as (or more) than the XXXX but the details are not that upfront or in-the-face as XXXX and they are not as harsh as the XXXX. I can now listen for longer periods of time. The Middle T can play all kinds of music and they are a lot more engaging and fun to listen to. To me they are a real bargain and I do not feel the need to hunt for better sound anymore. I will now sit back and listen to all great music I have in my collection as well as all the new music that regularly keeps coming in.

Thanks a lot for your great advice, your exceptional products and your outstanding service. Anyone looking for loudspeakers should consider the Bryston Middle T (or the other models you are offering). They will not be disappointed!

Best Regards,
Mattias Biörs

95Dyna

« Reply #1317 on: 30 Jun 2013, 04:08 pm »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers                                                      July 2013                                   

Masterlu 
AA Founder,
Legend AV Owner

Bryson Model T update

I really must comment further on the Bryston Model T's

.... What are you waiting for; get out and audition a pair!

James... Truly Outstanding Work!

Ivan

I'm dying to audition a pair but would have to renew my expired passport and drive 9 hours to Toronto to do so.  There are no dealers in the N.E. U.S.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #1318 on: 1 Jul 2013, 06:20 pm »
...hey, Dyna - driving 9 hours is one thing. i would have to fly 9 hours to have the chance to listen to a pair of Bryston speakers :o

al.

95Dyna

« Reply #1319 on: 2 Jul 2013, 03:15 pm »
...hey, Dyna - driving 9 hours is one thing. i would have to fly 9 hours to have the chance to listen to a pair of Bryston speakers :o

al.

Touche, Al.  Mom always used to say, "don't complain, there is always somebody somewhere who is worse off than you". :thumb: