Bryston Loudspeakers

VOLKS

Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #1140 on: 17 Apr 2013, 01:27 am »
What a treat!........i was truly surprised!.....this speaker amazed me for its ability to deliver such a clean/fast sound with articulate bass and a very even midrange. I am still shocked at the price/performance ratio. I think it would be a challenge to find a speaker for the price of 6-7K that would actually surpass the Bryston Model T in all areas. I am so happy i had the chance to hear it today at Absolute Audio in Calgary.

This is a speaker that would sound great with a good 70WPC amp or a 600WPC amp of any HQ brands out there. Actually i would love to know how many buy it with/without Bryston amps..........even though in the photo it shows Ayre gear......I actually heard it hooked up to the 4BSST2 and BP26 and BP2/BDA2 and it sounded outstanding! The build is very solid and certainly made with Canadian Pride! Hmmmmm maybe i need a 3rd system in an excuse to get these speakers

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1141 on: 17 Apr 2013, 03:37 pm »
Hi Folks,

Completed product lineup for the Bryston Model T Speaker Products:

james

spotlightaudio

« Reply #1142 on: 17 Apr 2013, 03:55 pm »
LOOKING  GOOD   :thumb:

Samurai7595

« Reply #1143 on: 17 Apr 2013, 05:25 pm »

bobNL

• Some say he's a purist
« Reply #1144 on: 17 Apr 2013, 09:19 pm »
+1

But far away ..........    :( :( :( :( :(

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1145 on: 21 Apr 2013, 06:27 pm »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston mini t speaker - Skeptical

April 2013

Blown Away by Bryston Mini T's

I heard the Bryston Mini T's today. I was skeptical of the reviews I have read of late of their performance. I take most reviews with a grain of salt anyways.

After listening for two hours plus I was blown away.

They seem to handle every genre of music with ease. The scary thing was the pair I was listening to weren't even broke in.

I associate bookshelf speakers with weak bass but great detail. These actually had bass. If you get a chance go audition them.

You'll be very surprised by these speakers.

Burhoe 
AK Member

Stedanko

« Reply #1146 on: 21 Apr 2013, 07:21 pm »
Hope to pick a pair up soon to compare to the 207/2 I bought from James.

book

« Reply #1147 on: 21 Apr 2013, 07:24 pm »
The TC1 Center speaker looks awesome!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1148 on: 21 Apr 2013, 07:35 pm »
The TC1 Center speaker looks awesome!

Thanks :thumb: - many do not realize how important it is for the Center to maintain a similar power handling and power (polar dispersion) response as the main left and right front speakers.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1149 on: 23 Apr 2013, 10:20 am »
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 7:24 PM
To: James Tanner
Subject: Model T

Hi James,

I was unpacking my new Model T speakers and got called into work, so I only had chance to play a couple of CD's, however I am really impressed, I think Mark Knopfler is in my basement : ) this is with my cheapo \ temporary speaker cable.

You must be thrilled with the feedback they are receiving, particularly being your first speaker!

Regards
Paul

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1150 on: 23 Apr 2013, 06:05 pm »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Montreal Audio Show – Enjoy the Music Comments

Bryston had sent out a press release and renewed my interest in the speakers they introduced at the TAVES show in Toronto last September. I was really looking forward to spending more time with them in Montreal. As I descended the elevator to the larger rooms on the lower level I caught a glimpse of James Tanner out of the corner of my bad eye. I turned left toward the rooms I had known from previous years. Guess I've become a creature of habit, thought the people at Bryston will probably think of me as just a creature. Upon return home, Tom mentioned that it was his favorite room at the show, so I asked him to write a paragraph for me. He gets to hear most everything I review so I know from our conversations he has a good ear. He wrote:

“Bryston was featuring their new Model T Signature floor-standing speaker, part of a new line of Model T speakers. The standard Model T and the stand-mount Mini T were on silent display. The Model T Signature differs from the standard model by having the crossovers external to the speaker cabinet. The crossovers were in small boxes on the floor behind the speakers, and contain upgraded parts. The Model T Signatures cost $7500 with a vinyl wrapped finish, with wood veneer available for an extra $1000. The speakers were driven by a pair of Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, which are rated at 1000W per channel.

This system sounded exceptionally transparent and uncolored. The speakers seem to provide high value for the price.

Bryston was also demonstrating their BHA-1 headphone amplifier, which can drive balanced or unbalanced headphones. I tried this amp with my Denon AH-D5000 headphones, and it seemed to provide exceptionally deep and well-controlled bass.”

Tom Lathrop

James Tanner

• Facilitator

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1152 on: 25 Apr 2013, 09:12 am »
Hi Folks,

Introducing the Bryston Middle T speaker at Audio One's CANADA NIGHT in Toronto  :thumb:

System consisted of Bryston B135 Integrated Amplifier, Bryston BDP-2 Digital Player, Bryston BDA-2 DAC and Bryston Middle T speaker – it sounded superb!!!

Levi

« Reply #1153 on: 25 Apr 2013, 12:22 pm »
Great products James! 

In all your speakers, which one do you think will be a match to the PMC-EB1i as far as bass goes?  I am a fan off full-range speakers that is why.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1154 on: 25 Apr 2013, 12:37 pm »
Great products James! 

In all your speakers, which one do you think will be a match to the PMC-EB1i as far as bass goes?  I am a fan off full-range speakers that is why.

Hi Levi,

I would say the Model T or the Middle T depending on how much bass energy your room can support.  The thing about the Model T that most find surprising is how low it goes but with terrific articulation in the bass. It really provides a nice texture to the bass and allows you to pick out different bass instruments easily.

james

Spirit

• Volunteer
« Reply #1155 on: 25 Apr 2013, 02:24 pm »
Hi Folks,

Introducing the Bryston Middle T speaker at Audio One's CANADA NIGHT in Toronto  :thumb:

System consisted of Bryston B135 Integrated Amplifier, Bryston BDP-2 Digital Player, Bryston BDA-2 DAC and Bryston Middle T speaker – it sounded superb!!!

I was their last night!  I don't post very often on AC anymore but this morning I am compelled to do so.
Hi James:  This is Sam (you called me Joe a few times but that's OK!) - it was pleasure meeting you again last night.
"sounded superb" is bang on.  I was really floored by these gems.  Absolutely smooth as silk with a bass bottom to die for, the voices were sounding like the artists were in the room, and a smooth and clear top end and midrange.
A very well know brand of speakers that retail for $20,000 were in the next room, and these at one quarter the price were better - hands down!  I didn't get a chance to hear the big brother Model T but I can imagine that they would be incredible.
And while I am writing....
For those of you who have never met James, what a real gentleman!  He took the time to talk "audio" with me for about half an hour and I got a chance to understand the Bryston philosophy.
This is a company that builds products to the best that technology offers and then sets a fair price to make a fair profit.  This is unlike many other companies that sell inferior products at insane prices to cater to the "Audio Jewelry" crowd.  If James and his engineers could build a better sounding product, they would.
The R&D that went into the speakers took 2 years of effort to develop custom drivers and cabinets and the results are sublime.
I came away realizing that I will never be sorry buying a Bryston product!  The products are built with passion and HONESTY and I know that this company will stand behind it for a lifetime.
Congrats James!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1156 on: 25 Apr 2013, 03:26 pm »
I was their last night!  I don't post very often on AC anymore but this morning I am compelled to do so.
Hi James:  This is Sam (you called me Joe a few times but that's OK!) - it was pleasure meeting you again last night.
"sounded superb" is bang on.  I was really floored by these gems.  Absolutely smooth as silk with a bass bottom to die for, the voices were sounding like the artists were in the room, and a smooth and clear top end and midrange.
A very well know brand of speakers that retail for $20,000 were in the next room, and these at one quarter the price were better - hands down!  I didn't get a chance to hear the big brother Model T but I can imagine that they would be incredible.
And while I am writing....
For those of you who have never met James, what a real gentleman!  He took the time to talk "audio" with me for about half an hour and I got a chance to understand the Bryston philosophy.
This is a company that builds products to the best that technology offers and then sets a fair price to make a fair profit.  This is unlike many other companies that sell inferior products at insane prices to cater to the "Audio Jewelry" crowd.  If James and his engineers could build a better sounding product, they would.
The R&D that went into the speakers took 2 years of effort to develop custom drivers and cabinets and the results are sublime.
I came away realizing that I will never be sorry buying a Bryston product!  The products are built with passion and HONESTY and I know that this company will stand behind it for a lifetime.
Congrats James!

Thank you "Joe" (Sam) for the nice comments - much appreciated.

james

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #1157 on: 25 Apr 2013, 03:44 pm »
Your last paragraph is especially apt, Joe (Sam). I admire Bryston's product philosophy and execution, and James is an excellent representative of their dedication to quality and to customers.

Bryston reminds me of the best days of Apple in the sense that, once you buy one of their products, you can't help but desire others. I started with a 6BSST(C) and two 4BSST(C) amps a few years ago and recently purchased an SP3, BDP-2, and BDA-2. The sound is, of course, glorious. And now Bryston has to get into speakers . . . jeez, these guys are dangerous!

Speaking of Toronto, go, Leafs!

Rich

Spirit

• Volunteer
« Reply #1158 on: 25 Apr 2013, 04:32 pm »
Your last paragraph is especially apt, Joe (Sam). I admire Bryston's product philosophy and execution, and James is an excellent representative of their dedication to quality and to customers.

Bryston reminds me of the best days of Apple in the sense that, once you buy one of their products, you can't help but desire others. I started with a 6BSST(C) and two 4BSST(C) amps a few years ago and recently purchased an SP3, BDP-2, and BDA-2. The sound is, of course, glorious. And now Bryston has to get into speakers . . . jeez, these guys are dangerous!

Speaking of Toronto, go, Leafs!

Rich

Yes - go LEAFS! But don't get your hopes up! 
As long as Bryston is owned by the current principals, quality and customer service will be paramount.
On the opposite end, I bought a Home Theater Receiver made by one of the big Japanese companies and manufactured probably in China.
I couldn't figure out how a few of the features worked so I called Tech Support and you will never guess which country they are in.....Jamaica!
Now - there is nothing wrong with Jamaica, but suffice to say that they couldn't help me, the store couldn't help me, and when I call the Canadian head-office to speak to one of the product trainers, they wouldn't let me speak to them because it wasn't protocol.
I realize that this example is very extreme, but the point is this:
Both the Receiver and any Bryston audio product can both be purchased inthe same store.
The main difference is that the receiver is simply a rectangular metal (or plastic!) box while the Bryston is a work of art and will eventually be handed down as an heirloom.
Big difference!

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #1159 on: 25 Apr 2013, 06:18 pm »
Well said, Sam.

I was considering the new Marantz pre/pro, but in reading AVS and other forums, it seemed clear that customer service was distant at best. I sent a couple of pre-purchase email queries through the Marantz website; a month later, I had still not received a reply. I fear that my experience was rather typical, not just for this brand but for most mass-market manufacturers.

I had been following the SP3 threads on AudioCircle and other sites, as well as Kal Rubinson's and others' reviews of the SP3. Since I'm delighted with my 6BSST(C) and two 4BSST(C) amps, I determined to purchase the SP3. As I read the AudioCircle threads on the BDP-2 and BDA-2, products I had not been considering, I found the timely and cogent information from James and from Chris Rice persuasive, and I added both products to my order. The sound is the best I've heard in my home, absolutely revelatory.

To extend your point, with Bryston, you're not just buying the box (well-designed though it is), you're getting the support of Bryston's highly skilled and incredibly generous people.

I'm experienced in not getting my hopes up, being a Sharks fan as well. (I still miss the Nordiques and Whalers.)

Cheerio,

Rich

The means — Bryston SP3 | Bryston 6B-SST(C) - L/C/R; 4B-SST(C) - surrounds; 4B-SST(C) - rears | Bryston BDP-2 Digital Player; BDA-2 D/A Converter; Oppo BDP-105 | Paradigm Reference Signature S8 fronts; C5 center; ADP surrounds; S4 rears; two Velodyne DD15 subs | APC S20 | Pioneer Elite PRO-1130