Bryston Loudspeakers

KingstonMoon

Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #980 on: 19 Feb 2013, 11:49 pm »
Hi

No Larry is not a dealer for the speakers.

james

That's a 10-4 !   Im down GTA very often , will call Mark as soon as tomorrow - im off to Autoshow friday and may pitstop - but back  the next friday for a couple concerts over the weekend  . Ears may not be good for detailed listening lol .

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #981 on: 20 Feb 2013, 12:09 am »
That's a 10-4 !   Im down GTA very often , will call Mark as soon as tomorrow - im off to Autoshow friday and may pitstop - but back  the next friday for a couple concerts over the weekend  . Ears may not be good for detailed listening lol .

Great - let me know what you think.

James

KingstonMoon

« Reply #982 on: 20 Feb 2013, 12:28 am »
Great - let me know what you think.

James

Will do !  Excited about this . I've been stuck on your website for 30 minutes now lol having a good look and read .

Napalm

« Reply #983 on: 20 Feb 2013, 03:51 am »
Comparing the 108 lb. Bryston Model T with 3 x 8" woofers and the 66 lb. Axiom LFR 1100 with 3 x 6.5" woofers, I would expect the Bryston to be "beastier".

The LFR 1100 has passive crossovers, as the two sets of speaker posts are for the front and rear drivers.  I didn't see any details on the included external DSP processor, but I would assume there would be some provision for attenuation of the rear drivers to dial in the preferred effect?

Steve

Nice cones on that LFR, reminds me of Yamaha NS-F700  :P

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #984 on: 20 Feb 2013, 11:14 am »
It becomes obvious what the LED is indicating.

Otherwise you may want to silkscreen "Power" under it, as not to be confused with "Clipping", "Signal in nominal range" or some other indication related to Volume (not power).
Give it a rest.

Napalm, pay attention please!
The divine Vegasdave has commanded! OBEY!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #985 on: 20 Feb 2013, 11:31 am »
Nice cones on that LFR, reminds me of Yamaha NS-F700  :P

Why are you such a negative person????

james

Napalm

« Reply #986 on: 20 Feb 2013, 12:12 pm »
Why are you such a negative person????

james

Why negative, did I say NS10?  :nono:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #987 on: 20 Feb 2013, 12:16 pm »
Why negative, did I say NS10?  :nono:

Maybe its me Mapalm, and forgive me if I am misinterpreting, but it just seems most of your comments are based on "the glass is half emptyl" most of the time. ???

james

Napalm

« Reply #988 on: 20 Feb 2013, 12:24 pm »
Maybe its me Mapalm, and forgive me if I am misinterpreting, but it just seems most of your comments are based on "the glass is half emptyl" most of the time. ???

james

James you're "profiling" me now.... if I'm black, wear a hoodie and have a bulge in my pants doesn't necessarily mean that I'm up to mugging you.

OTOH if the glass is not full, why should everyone talk only about the full side? Is there some conspiracy here and I'm breaking the rules? Initiate me.....

Napalm

« Reply #989 on: 20 Feb 2013, 12:26 pm »
Give it a rest.

Napalm, pay attention please!
The divine Vegasdave has commanded! OBEY!

Not right now, I'm busy moving Dave's instrument panel to the passenger side....

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #990 on: 20 Feb 2013, 12:38 pm »
James you're "profiling" me now.... if I'm black, wear a hoodie and have a bulge in my pants doesn't necessarily mean that I'm up to mugging you.

OTOH if the glass is not full, why should everyone talk only about the full side? Is there some conspiracy here and I'm breaking the rules? Initiate me.....

OK I see I am getting nowhere with this - so signing off any more comments.

james

drummermitchell

« Reply #991 on: 20 Feb 2013, 04:03 pm »
James what will the warranty be on the model T's and the subs.
Will  both model subs have 8" drivers,thx.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #992 on: 20 Feb 2013, 04:39 pm »
James what will the warranty be on the model T's and the subs.
Will  both model subs have 8" drivers,thx.

Hi,

Will start with 5 years but probably expand it to 10.

Yes - three 8 inch drivers in the Subs.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #993 on: 20 Feb 2013, 05:52 pm »
Hi Folks,

The first draft of the Bryston Home Theater Speaker brochure is available . Have to add a smaller Center and a new Middle T tower speaker to the mix yet plus we are going to a 3-way Onwall and Inwall

If anyone wants a PDF of it email me - jamestanner@bryston.com

Comments welcome.

james

drummermitchell

« Reply #994 on: 20 Feb 2013, 09:57 pm »
Hi James just emalied for a copy thanks.
I think you want people to spend some more coin as even 5yr warranty is good,but 10 yr,That's Bryston all over it.
Have to say two other very well known sub companies which I used their warranty was 1-2 yr and all those subs I had, had amp trouble or they just died.4 of them I bought used(only 1.5 yr. old,new well over 3000)not impressed.
It's actually great that happened as my 1812 musically made them sound like techno bass or racket.
Can't believe the difference until I auditioned her at a dealers room.
Do we know the price of the passive with ext X-over yet.
I think I'd feed it with a 7bsst2 or maybe even a 28.
Frig,already getting charged here,anyway thanks James.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #995 on: 21 Feb 2013, 12:32 am »
Hi Folks,

First 'official' review on the Bryston mini t speaker:

http://www.innerearmag.com/reviews/speakers/Bryston_Modet_mini-T.shtml

james

KingstonMoon

« Reply #996 on: 21 Feb 2013, 12:51 am »
Hi Folks,

First 'official' review on the Bryston mini t speaker:

http://www.innerearmag.com/reviews/speakers/Bryston_Modet_mini-T.shtml

james

Hi James !

Called mark today at Whitby Audio, nice folks and eager to help  !  listening demo set for Friday afternoon ! im excited !!  Thankyou for your direction !

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #997 on: 21 Feb 2013, 03:41 am »
Hi Folks,

Here is a shot of the Model T 3-way ONWALL (TOW) - there will also be an INWALL (TIW) version as well.

james

ec

« Reply #998 on: 21 Feb 2013, 04:58 am »
I think you want people to spend some more coin as even 5yr warranty is good,but 10 yr,That's Bryston all over it.
Have to say two other very well known sub companies which I used their warranty was 1-2 yr and all those subs I had, had amp trouble or they just died.4 of them I bought used(only 1.5 yr. old,new well over 3000)not impressed.

I recall reading an article in Stereophile way back when (at least 10+ years) written by Russ Herschelmann where he recommended using passive subs for a variety of reasons.  My first sub was powered but then I replaced them with very well regarded passive subs.  I found this very beneficial because:
1. I just needed to run speaker cable to the passive sub vs running a line level cable and power cable if there was no outlet nearby.
2. I could choose my amps.  Yes this an expensive proposition.  The amps generally found in subs are not exactly high quality as per the quote above. 
3. it made running multiple subs easier (some amps have daisy chaining capabilities and or have the one mono signal sent to both channels without the use of a splitter)
4. In addition to the amps, I had to add my own PEQ - again more $ but more flexible

Subs will generally come in these flavours
A. self powered (majority of the market)
B. passive but accompanied by an external power amp
C. passive

Maybe Bryston should consider option B or even C so servicing could be easier and provide more flexibility.  If option B, then the woofer and cabinet can also be warranted differently / seperately from the amplifer.   If the Bryston sub is servo controlled C is probably not an option.  If mating the amp with the sub is critical maybe a combination of A and B.  Design the sub so the amp can be integrated as part of the sub eg sits on top of the sub so it is essentially A but the self contained amp section can be placed in a different location essentially B.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #999 on: 21 Feb 2013, 12:53 pm »
I recall reading an article in Stereophile way back when (at least 10+ years) written by Russ Herschelmann where he recommended using passive subs for a variety of reasons.  My first sub was powered but then I replaced them with very well regarded passive subs.  I found this very beneficial because:
1. I just needed to run speaker cable to the passive sub vs running a line level cable and power cable if there was no outlet nearby.
2. I could choose my amps.  Yes this an expensive proposition.  The amps generally found in subs are not exactly high quality as per the quote above. 
3. it made running multiple subs easier (some amps have daisy chaining capabilities and or have the one mono signal sent to both channels without the use of a splitter)
4. In addition to the amps, I had to add my own PEQ - again more $ but more flexible

Subs will generally come in these flavours
A. self powered (majority of the market)
B. passive but accompanied by an external power amp
C. passive

Maybe Bryston should consider option B or even C so servicing could be easier and provide more flexibility.  If option B, then the woofer and cabinet can also be warranted differently / seperately from the amplifer.   If the Bryston sub is servo controlled C is probably not an option.  If mating the amp with the sub is critical maybe a combination of A and B.  Design the sub so the amp can be integrated as part of the sub eg sits on top of the sub so it is essentially A but the self contained amp section can be placed in a different location essentially B.

HI

I like the idea of a quality amplifier built into the subwoofer because it leaves nothing to chance from a performance standpoint.  You now exactly what driver your dealing with and how much power is applicable. You can taylor the response using the amplifier to extend low frequency response etc. 

For instance to get the same low frequency response in the Model T Active sub in the Passive version of the sub you would have to port the system or increase the box size relative to the sealed box of the current Active Model T sub.

james