Bryston Loudspeakers

drummermitchell

Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #460 on: 21 Jul 2012, 10:12 pm »
SUB,James is that correct.
If so what size transducer,what size amp,what type warranty ect.
Most subs you see have 1-3 yr warranty(excluding Thiel...10yrs).

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #461 on: 21 Jul 2012, 10:16 pm »
No because we share the room with Thiel

James

Ok, that's cool...

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #462 on: 21 Jul 2012, 10:25 pm »
SUB,James is that correct.
If so what size transducer,what size amp,what type warranty ect.
Most subs you see have 1-3 yr warranty(excluding Thiel...10yrs).

It is going to be three 8 inch woofers  - not sure on the power rating yet. Will look like the bottom 1/2 of the Model T's

James

SoundGame

« Reply #463 on: 22 Jul 2012, 02:06 am »
Hi James,

Congratulations on the progress on this product and I'm very excited to be able to experience their launch at the upcoming TAVES in Toronto this September - will be on the top of my rooms to visit! :thumb:

Do these speakers need room to breath?  In other words, could they work in a small (11 X 13 X 8 ft) room as well as a moderate sized (13 X 19 X 8ft) room?  I'm sure they are capable of pressurizing larger rooms but just wondering if they might overpower a smaller room, say when driven by a 4B?  Any thoughts?

rmurray

« Reply #464 on: 22 Jul 2012, 03:16 am »
  Very nice to hear you are going to 8 inchers on the bass :thumb:

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #465 on: 22 Jul 2012, 03:24 am »
  James what is the plinth made from?  :scratch:

Marius

« Reply #466 on: 22 Jul 2012, 10:24 am »
James,

Considering your earlier remarks about the impossibility to use the 10bsub and subwoofer with the active dsp crossover, how would this setup work? Active, passive?
And do you have the freq response specs of your Sub?

Marius

It is going to be three 8 inch woofers  - not sure on the power rating yet. Will look like the bottom 1/2 of the Model T's

James

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #467 on: 22 Jul 2012, 11:11 am »
James,

Considering your earlier remarks about the impossibility to use the 10bsub and subwoofer with the active dsp crossover, how would this setup work? Active, passive?
And do you have the freq response specs of your Sub?

Marius

Hi Marius,

Still working on the powered Sub but aiming for 18 to 200 HZ range.

I think I know where the confusion is --- The 10B Sub crossover could still be used if you wanted to add a Sub to an existing Active Model T but now you would have a 4-way Active system instead of a 3-way system.  The Active version can not use the 10B on its drivers because the Active Crossover (AX-1) that goes with the Model T Active is programmed specifically for the Model T Active speakers.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #468 on: 22 Jul 2012, 11:12 am »
  James what is the plinth made from?  :scratch:

Same material as the speaker and they will be an Option. I am also thinking of maybe a 4 legged metal stand as well like on the Thiel 3.7's.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #469 on: 22 Jul 2012, 11:18 am »
Hi James,

Congratulations on the progress on this product and I'm very excited to be able to experience their launch at the upcoming TAVES in Toronto this September - will be on the top of my rooms to visit! :thumb:

Do these speakers need room to breath?  In other words, could they work in a small (11 X 13 X 8 ft) room as well as a moderate sized (13 X 19 X 8ft) room?  I'm sure they are capable of pressurizing larger rooms but just wondering if they might overpower a smaller room, say when driven by a 4B?  Any thoughts?

Hi,

I have tried them in my 3rd soundroom which is a typical bedroom (11x16x8) and so far it works fine (I use the long wall).  They are capable of a lot of low frequency extension so proper placement in a small room is important.  They have 3 ports on the rear at the top which means you need a foot or so behind them.

james

Marius

« Reply #470 on: 22 Jul 2012, 11:27 am »
James,

That's indeed what I wanted to know, adding it instead of replacing the dsp Xover. Good to know for certain now.

How would one adjust the sub to the T1's? Do they have a separate Xover, or would we have to resort to the Sp3....

Seems to be a 10bsub in this picture though ..
Marius

Hi Marius,

Still working on the powered Sub but aiming for 18 to 200 HZ range.

I think I know where the confusion is --- The 10B Sub crossover could still be used if you wanted to add a Sub to an existing Active Model T but now you would have a 4-way Active system instead of a 3-way system.  The Active version can not use the 10B on its drivers because the Active Crossover (AX-1) that goes with the Model T Active is programmed specifically for the Model T Active speakers.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #471 on: 22 Jul 2012, 11:38 am »
James,

That's indeed what I wanted to know, adding it instead of replacing the dsp Xover. Good to know for certain now.

How would one adjust the sub to the T1's? Do they have a separate Xover, or would we have to resort to the Sp3....

Seems to be a 10bsub in this picture though ..
Marius

Yes I was experimenting with the 10B and the Model T's just as you were saying.  In that room I prefer the Model T without the Sub.

I am thinking of two versions of the Sub - one with internal crossover and power amp and one without so you could use it with the SP3 or with a 10B and a power amp.  I was even thinking a 6 woofer tall version and a 7B would be a great Sub???

james

Marius

« Reply #472 on: 22 Jul 2012, 11:52 am »
could only dream of that combo.... (6woofer, 7b)

a sub without internal crossover would make the owners of a 10bsub very happy. Much easier to setup. In my setup most difficult was the power difference between both amps. and we had to insert a power adjustment in the interlink to line them up properly. After that, dialing in the 10bsub was a joy and never touched them again....

just because I'm curious: could I use the 28b's for this amp-less woofer too? I mean together with them powering the main speakers?

MArius

I am thinking of two versions of the Sub - one with internal crossover and power amp and one without so you could use it with the SP3 or with a 10B and a power amp.  I was even thinking a 6 woofer tall version and a 7B would be a great Sub???

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #473 on: 22 Jul 2012, 12:19 pm »
could only dream of that combo.... (6woofer, 7b)

a sub without internal crossover would make the owners of a 10bsub very happy. Much easier to setup. In my setup most difficult was the power difference between both amps. and we had to insert a power adjustment in the interlink to line them up properly. After that, dialing in the 10bsub was a joy and never touched them again....

just because I'm curious: could I use the 28b's for this amp-less woofer too? I mean together with them powering the main speakers?

MArius

Sure - the idea would be any amp - assuming enough power - could be mated with the Sub.

james

Alpha10

« Reply #474 on: 23 Jul 2012, 12:37 pm »

and one without so you could use it with the SP3 or with a 10B and a power amp.  I was even thinking a 6 woofer tall version and a 7B would be a great Sub???

james

Now that would be interesting, a sub without crossover allowing the SP3 to do the work, very nice. Perhaps you would get renewed shouts for the much wanted 4BSST2 MONO amp  :wink:

Cheers

rmurray

« Reply #475 on: 23 Jul 2012, 03:57 pm »
  Count me in for that mono 4B idea. :bowdown: :dance:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #476 on: 24 Jul 2012, 02:44 pm »
Hi Folks,

I have decided that I am going to offer all 3 versions of the Model T Speaker in Vinyl finish in order to keep the price as low as possible - I think stressing Performance first and foremost is what Bryston is all about. :thumb:  Standard finishes will be vinyl Black Ash, Natural Cherry and Boston Cherry.

So if real wood is wanted it will be considered a special order and will carry a premium (not sure yet how much).  Also the bottom Plinth will be an option.

Anyway here are some shots iof some custom finishes.

No Plinth and outboard passive crossover from Signature Series

« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2012, 04:55 pm by James Tanner »

adol290

« Reply #477 on: 24 Jul 2012, 07:20 pm »
James,

Have you had the chance to compare the Model T, against say, a PMC IBI2.

Can you comment on the differences, or will this type of information be released at a later date.

runs10k

« Reply #478 on: 24 Jul 2012, 07:38 pm »
James, will Bryston dealers carry these speakers or will it be a special order from Bryston?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #479 on: 24 Jul 2012, 08:05 pm »
James,

Have you had the chance to compare the Model T, against say, a PMC IBI2.

Can you comment on the differences, or will this type of information be released at a later date.

The IB2 is a GREAT speaker - hopefully the Model T will come close at a much lower price point  :thumb:

james