A request for Danny - LS Center Channel Kit

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
Re: A request for Danny - LS Center Channel Kit
« Reply #260 on: 5 Nov 2015, 08:51 pm »
I'd not post if I didn't come across some. :-)

mlbrand

« Reply #261 on: 7 Nov 2015, 07:11 pm »
I would like to build an LS Center one of these days, to pair up with my LS-6's. If the tweeters are going to be hard to find then maybe I should get them while I can?

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #262 on: 7 Nov 2015, 07:32 pm »
I would if I were You.
I would like to build an LS Center one of these days, to pair up with my LS-6's. If the tweeters are going to be hard to find then maybe I should get them while I can?

billwr

« Reply #263 on: 14 Dec 2015, 02:03 am »
I just acquired a pair of LS-6's (satin rosewood) - pretty amazing speakers.  Would love to get a matching LS-C.  If there are any available please feel free to contact me.  Thanks...Bill  (billwr32@gmail.com)

Danny Richie

« Reply #264 on: 14 Dec 2015, 10:09 pm »
I just acquired a pair of LS-6's (satin rosewood) - pretty amazing speakers.  Would love to get a matching LS-C.  If there are any available please feel free to contact me.  Thanks...Bill  (billwr32@gmail.com)

I actually just found a couple of Neo 3 pdr's that I had measured and tested with some time ago. So I can make the kit available to you. The full kit is $550.

mlbrand

« Reply #265 on: 15 Dec 2015, 05:20 pm »
Danny, per my post above from Nov. 7th, I am interested in purchasing an LS C kit to build out myself. If still available let me know.

Danny Richie

« Reply #266 on: 15 Dec 2015, 05:39 pm »
Danny, per my post above from Nov. 7th, I am interested in purchasing an LS C kit to build out myself. If still available let me know.

Yes, I have one available.

mlbrand

« Reply #267 on: 15 Dec 2015, 05:42 pm »
Great, please reserve that one for me, and we can work out the details through email.

Danny Richie

« Reply #268 on: 15 Dec 2015, 06:45 pm »
Great, please reserve that one for me, and we can work out the details through email.

Yes.

mlbrand

« Reply #269 on: 27 Jan 2016, 06:51 pm »
How many sheets of No-Rez are needed inside an LS-C?

Danny Richie

« Reply #270 on: 28 Jan 2016, 12:31 am »
How many sheets of No-Rez are needed inside an LS-C?

I think it will take about a sheet and a half.

mlbrand

« Reply #271 on: 28 Jan 2016, 04:08 am »
Good, I have half a sheet left from an earlier project, so I just need to order one full sheet.

mlbrand

« Reply #272 on: 28 Jan 2016, 07:23 pm »
Danny, I have question on placement of the LS-C for best performance in my system.

I currently have my center channel speaker sitting on an AV rack about two feet off the floor. The front of the speaker is elevated about 2 inches to line up with the center of my head/ear height at my seat about 10 feet away.

Another option is to build a stand/legs so the LS-C is 6 to 12 inches off the AV rack, for a little more breathing room.

In both options above the front of the center speaker is even with the front of the AV rack.

Is either option any better sonically than the other?

mlbrand

« Reply #273 on: 6 Feb 2016, 03:29 pm »
Anyone have some pictures of their completed LSC crossover networks to post on here or email to me? I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mike

mlbrand

« Reply #274 on: 8 Feb 2016, 08:49 pm »
Anyone have some pictures of their completed LSC crossover networks to post on here or email to me? I would appreciate it.

Never mind, I built the crossovers yesterday. Was just looking for some good ideas before I started, but I guess this is just an old and apparently dead topic. I think I may be building the last LSC, unless Danny can find more tweeters.

Danny Richie

« Reply #275 on: 8 Feb 2016, 08:53 pm »
Never mind, I built the crossovers yesterday. Was just looking for some good ideas before I started, but I guess this is just an old and apparently dead topic. I think I may be building the last LSC, unless Danny can find more tweeters.

Sorry that I didn't get back with you earlier. I did not have any fully assembled crossover pics.

And yes, that might well be the last one.

mlbrand

« Reply #276 on: 9 Feb 2016, 12:52 am »
No problem, I figured out a good layout pretty quick, and the crossovers turned out well. The speaker enclosure is looking pretty good so far too. I may post a picture of "the last LSC" when done, so we have the proper closure for this thread.

Mike B.

Nick77

« Reply #277 on: 24 Feb 2016, 09:55 pm »
Interest check, I built my LSC several years ago and I just dont use it. It has probably seen half dozen movies total, it sounds amazing. Always had dialog issues with the 3-4 other center channels I used, not with the LSC it is just in another league. As Reben once said if its in the movie your going to hear it, it reveals so much more than anything ive ever heard. If I didnt listen to 2 channel audio 99.9% of the time I would never consider parting with it.

I just painted it satin black but always planned on coming back to it and doing a walnut wood grain veneer baffle to match my speakers. I believe kits are sold out making this unobtainium status. Therefore not sure of its value or interest at this point, its well built and very heavy. But not Reuben quality mind you.

devste

« Reply #278 on: 24 Feb 2016, 11:50 pm »
You have a pm.

mlbrand

« Reply #279 on: 9 Apr 2016, 06:28 pm »
I finished building my LS Center speaker, check out the results below. It sounds great and matches my LS-6's and N3's perfectly as expected. This could be the last LS Center build if Danny can't get any more Neo tweeters, but I hope not. Like all of you I really enjoy building speakers, and sometimes I'm almost sorry it's over when I finish!

BTW, I have a really nice X-Voce center speaker for sale if anyone is interested.