Tumult enclosure is finished!

Brian Bunge

« on: 31 Jan 2003, 04:40 pm »
I've already sent Dan an email asking if he minded me posting this here, but I'll assume he doesn't mind since I'm an Adire dealer.

This is my own personal finished subwoofer enclosure for one of the 3 Tumults I'm waiting on.  A full description and a picture is at the link below.

http://www.rutledgeaudiodesign.com/subwoofers.html

JoshK

« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2003, 05:26 pm »
absolutely gorgeous!  Any ideas of price?

Brian Bunge

« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2003, 06:10 pm »
Josh,

Send me an email letting me know if you want powered, passive, etc. and I'll give you a quote.

DanWiggins

• Acoustic Development Inc.
« Reply #3 on: 1 Feb 2003, 02:37 am »
Brian,

What can I say?  That is absolutely gorgeous!  True craftsmanship...  Well done!

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

Jay S

« Reply #4 on: 1 Feb 2003, 06:19 am »
Brian,

That's looks very nice!  The faux marble didn't look faux in the picture!  Its hard to believe that it was painted on.  What is the Q on that sub, given that it is an 18" cube?  How much did this sub weigh?

Brian Bunge

« Reply #5 on: 1 Feb 2003, 06:24 am »
Jay,

The Qtc is around .63 with heavy fill.  But the LT will lower that to .6 and extend the F3 into the low 20's.

We weighed the enclosure without the legs and top and it was 65 lbs.  It's at least 10 lbs. heavier now and should be around 60 lbs. or so heavier with the driver installed.  So I'd guess around 130 lbs.  And that's without an amp on the back! :)

Jay S

« Reply #6 on: 1 Feb 2003, 06:43 am »
That low a Q from such a small box is very interesting....  

YGM.