Bryston Trade-Up Program

Pontifex

Bryston Trade-Up Program
« on: 2 Jan 2024, 07:39 pm »
I was in contact with a dealer in the GTA recently to inquire about Bryston's Trade-Up program. I was told that it is no longer available.

Can anyone please confirm?

Thanks and Happy New Year everyone!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston Trade-Up Program
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jan 2024, 09:25 pm »
Hi - correct - it was a pilot project to see how things would go and sadly getting enough replacement parts became a real issue for us.

james

Pontifex

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jan 2024, 11:28 pm »
That's too bad, but such is life.

I appreciate the response, James. Thank you.

Rod_S

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jan 2024, 03:50 am »
Question, how does replacement parts availability effect a trade up program? When trading up isn't the customer simply trading in their "old" amp for a new cubed amp? So how does parts availability impact new items in that case, if parts availability was an issue I would think current amp production would have been halted or seriously scaled back and dealers would have been informed so that info could be passed onto customers to either expect significant delays with no ETA on delivery date or the customer would be told Bryston is no loner accepting new order? Or am I misinformed and the trade up was never for new cubed amps but rather against a refurbished cubed amp?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jan 2024, 12:37 pm »
Hi - the trade-up was a pilot project to see how things went and the problem is some of the older parts needed to bring the TRADE-IN up to the point it could be refurbished and resold were very difficult to source. 

We did not want the Trade-Ins to be landfill.

We are looking at maybe using as many new parts as possible to bring the Trade-Ins up to a performance level that would allow for resale but it starts to get costly and kind of defeats the purpose of a less pricy solution for those that can not afford a new unit.

best
james

Rod_S

« Reply #5 on: 3 Feb 2024, 12:12 am »
Ah yes, I completely forgot about the refurb program so nice that is still around and as such parts availability indeed is a real issue in being able to maintain and resell the older models. Makes sense, thanks.