Cherry Amplifier® ---- What We're About 🍒

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: Digital Amplifier Company DAC4800A and Cherry amps
« Reply #220 on: 20 Sep 2008, 06:31 pm »
Thank you for your impressions jhm731, I look forward to any further comparisons that you might have in the future. :D

Cheers,
Robin

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
NOT another Ice Power amp ! ! !
« Reply #221 on: 20 Sep 2008, 09:05 pm »
Ill be honest, The problem isnt really with credibility its with perceived value of the product. Nobody is shelling out the $3800 when things have shown it can be picked up for $1000. Its a sour taste in the same vein as cable pricing structure. Some products here sell for a bunch and are critically worth the asking, others such as some kits are extremely undervalued. Some others are meh, bring it over and Ill listen. In all these cases we know the justification of price and we determine what we like sonically. Its easy to swallow when you know a kit has 80% of its price in its cost of parts and the manufacturer spends time and effort to get it in front of us. Its wholly another when we know there is $300 bucks worth of B&O modules that many established companies are offering in many different packages and telling us its worth it if only we would pony up.

Not meaning to sound harsh, just as Im sure you didnt mean to sound condescending by suggesting the reason none of us havent had the privilege to hear your fine product because we are simply poor. The song remains the same and the solution is still simple.

We do NOT make amps with Ice Power modules!  I replied recently to someone's "just another ice power amp" email comment.  It takes a lot more amp design experience (20+ years for me) to design high performance, high efficiency, high power amps from the ground up than to put off-the-shelf modules in a box with a power supply.  Something like 90% of the digital amps out there are like that, so we're special.  We designed the guts.  We build the guts.  We are the guts.

Digital Amplifier Company amps are built with proprietary patented technology that took more than 10 years to develop.  It's a novel approach to modulation and control that allows closer-to-the-rails output swing while holding noise down as far as 120dB from max output.  Really low THD is also possible with this technology, down to 0.0006% on the bench.

We are customer centric because we appreciate having the privilege of serving them.  They are the reason we exist, and there's nothing quite like having customers repeatedly tell you that your design is the best they have ever heard.  That makes all the hard work that goes into each amp well worth it.  Thanks again.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Return Policy / Prices / Comments on AC
« Reply #222 on: 21 Sep 2008, 03:49 am »
We received questions about our return policy recently.  Look for "Our Standard 30-day Money Back Guarantee" here (scroll down):
http://www.DigitalAmp.com/

Regarding prices, units were sold on EBay as demos, new, and refurb.  The price varies based on age and condition.  The one that's up now is NEW (less than a day left).

Regarding reviews or similar comments on AC, we have found that customers like to provide reviews ONCE.  We asked our subscribers to post here and on Amazon with very little response.  One customer explained that he didn't want to become involved in another message board.  He said that first posts are generally not taken seriously anyway.  Another customer said "feel free to copy my review there".  So, we expect that only customers that heard of us here will post reviews here.  Thanks as always!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
DAC4800A auction almost over
« Reply #223 on: 21 Sep 2008, 05:34 pm »
Less than 2 hours left for the NEW DAC4800A on EBay.

Item #120306419785, or search for DAC4800A.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120306419785

Remember, there is a 30-day guarantee.  Thanks!

2bigears

« Reply #224 on: 21 Sep 2008, 06:02 pm »
:D  12 pages and still swing-in' a dead cat, :duh: please box one of your fine amps and send it to the NY,NY boys for a test run, then and only then, that dead cat will be free.....get it out-there into the world...... :D

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #225 on: 21 Sep 2008, 06:06 pm »
:D  12 pages and still swing-in' a dead cat, :duh: please box one of your fine amps and send it to the NY,NY boys for a test run, then and only then, that dead cat will be free.....get it out-there into the world...... :D

Hear, hear!!!   :lol:

2bigears

« Reply #226 on: 21 Sep 2008, 06:14 pm »
 :D sorry bout' that,too much coffee   :thumb:

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #227 on: 21 Sep 2008, 06:30 pm »

No problem.  Our amps are already "out in the world" --- check the reviews on our site, and take a look at the specs.  How about buying one to try it out?

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #228 on: 21 Sep 2008, 06:57 pm »

No problem.  Our amps are already "out in the world" --- check the reviews on our site, and take a look at the specs.  How about buying one to try it out?

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

jman66

« Reply #229 on: 21 Sep 2008, 07:01 pm »
:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Careful, PETA might get upset over all those poor horses  :)

2bigears

« Reply #230 on: 21 Sep 2008, 07:17 pm »
 :D  please,your next post should ask what address to send the demo amp.end it at this,no more play-time my friend,get it done with your next post.please and thks :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #231 on: 21 Sep 2008, 07:21 pm »
:D  please,your next post should ask what address to send the demo amp.end it at this,no more play-time my friend,get it done with your next post.please and thks :thumb:

Hmmmm, shouldn't that be GIT-R-DONE? :lol:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #232 on: 21 Sep 2008, 07:27 pm »

Our amps are already "out in the world"

[/quote]

Obviously not. Or, at least in this instance, not nearly enough.

The amp listed at half-price went unpurchased without a single bid. Thus the dead cat. I can't imagine another amplifier manufacturer on this forum who would have a brand new amp, listed at half-price, go without having at least a bit of a bid frenzy.

Since you're hell bent for leather that an amp actually be purchased by AC members to eliminate the dead cat, how about an EBay run with no reserve price; i.e. let's see the true perceived value.

Given your 30 day guarantee, it makes no sense to me that you will not set one free for 30 days, as repeatedly suggested, for the feedback you so obviously desire. The cat clearly has at least one life left.

Clearly just MHO,

Jerry

jman66

« Reply #233 on: 21 Sep 2008, 07:39 pm »
I can't imagine another amplifier manufacturer on this forum who would have a brand new amp, listed at half-price, go without having at least a bit of a bid frenzy.

That comment is way off base.
The manufacturers that participate on this message board are already known, have a product history and user base.
DAC does not and that's what Tom is trying to change. I perceive Tom as the consumate engineer without perhaps the business, not marketing savvy.  MHO also.

art

• Industry Participant
    • Analog Research-Technology
« Reply #234 on: 21 Sep 2008, 07:58 pm »
Dude......

The only way that you are going to put this to rest is to send out a few for these guys to listen to. Yeah, I know.............30 days, blah, blah, blah.

All of us small companies have these same problems getting recognition for a new product. Even when you have been around for a long time. Unfamiliarity does not help, and throwing things up on eBay may work for other business models, but it doesn't work here.

Or haven't you grasped that yet?

Ok, just my opinion, but we have been doing this longer than you have. I guess I could be a horse's butt, and watch a potential competitor fail, but in the long run that doesn't really help any of us.

Send an amp to a couple of these AC get-togethers. The rest of us have. If they like it, you will be in good shape. If not.........well, welcome to running your own business.

BTW, we don't have any marketing types here, either. We did, but not now. In any case, learn from those who have gone on before you. It wouldn't hurt. I know, engineers don't like to hear that sort of stuff. One of the most important lessons that I learned about this business is that the customers are not anything like us. If they were, they would be building their own gear and trying to start their own company.

Obviously, they are not. Listen to what they are telling you, and stop trying to run it through your engineer's perspective.

OK, last word and free advice on this subject from me. I am un-subscribing to this thread. You are now on your own. Good luck.

Pat

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #235 on: 21 Sep 2008, 08:06 pm »
I can't imagine another amplifier manufacturer on this forum who would have a brand new amp, listed at half-price, go without having at least a bit of a bid frenzy.

That comment is way off base.
The manufacturers that participate on this message board are already known, have a product history and user base.
DAC does not and that's what Tom is trying to change. I perceive Tom as the consumate engineer without perhaps the business, not marketing savvy.  MHO also.

I don't think my comment is off base. In fact, I'll use your point to support my own.

If DAC wants to be known amongst AC, the users have said time and again how to accomplish that. A short, 30 day tour would establish some history and user base of the members herein. Outside of the repeated requests for this to take place, it seems like a bit of a hard-sell. Literally.
Your point as to the manufacturers here is well taken. It is my point as well. It does not take much marketing ability to come to the same conclusion, does it?  :thumb:

You can lead a horse to water...
Jerry

mcullinan

« Reply #236 on: 21 Sep 2008, 08:17 pm »
Yes as my friend Oh so eloquently stated before...
 :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
Mike

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Who would you recommend?
« Reply #237 on: 21 Sep 2008, 10:30 pm »
We would like to get feedback from a RELIABLE, recognized source.  Who is best to do this?

We are planning to attend an "audio rave" in October.

This stuff takes time.  I can't fault the frustration of those who are kind enough to provide advice, especially the ones with similar company experiences.  Thanks, even to the "dead horse" guy.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: Who would you recommend?
« Reply #238 on: 21 Sep 2008, 10:42 pm »
We would like to get feedback from a RELIABLE, recognized source.  Who is best to do this?

I apologize in advance for the volunteerism.  :wink:

As you asked, my vote is for lonewolfny42. I am exceptionally confident he will know what to do.

As for marketing, Nike comes to mind. Just Do It.

Jerry

ooheadsoo

« Reply #239 on: 21 Sep 2008, 11:03 pm »
I agree - Lonewolfny42 and the NYAR are your best bet on audiocircle.  Lonewolf's SP Tech Timepieces should take all the power you can give it, for a true full capacity test.  The GAS group also seems to get a lot of word of mouth spread around quickly.