AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
DAC4800A on EBAY
« Reply #200 on: 19 Sep 2008, 04:27 am »
Here's the listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120306419785

This is a NEW DAC4800A for less than half price.

Listing ends Sunday.  Thanks for taking a look.

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
Re: Digital Amplifier Company DAC4800A and Cherry amps
« Reply #201 on: 19 Sep 2008, 09:47 pm »
Hello- I agree 100% that it's difficult getting people to know you. This web site is a great place to be as you mentioned. The problem I have noticed is that people tend to look for what they know about and do not bother to look at new companies. I wish it wasn't that way because learning about new companies and products only enriches the shopping experience.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #202 on: 19 Sep 2008, 11:25 pm »
Hello- I agree 100% that it's difficult getting people to know you. This web site is a great place to be as you mentioned. The problem I have noticed is that people tend to look for what they know about and do not bother to look at new companies. I wish it wasn't that way because learning about new companies and products only enriches the shopping experience.

DAC4800A,, $3600 list price = $1602 Ebay opener price = $799 last Ebay sale price = $909 next to last Ebay sale price. I don't know about you but when I see varying prices such as this on a product, I'm not incline to look any further. That's just me and my perception of a company's credibility. Learning about new company's on the internet is not always an enriching experience,,,maybe you need to lose some money to figure that out. :lol: That said, having some AC members who's insights I trust would go along way into verifying the worth of DAC and this could happen a whole lot faster with a product tour as Lonewolf and others have already suggested. This is the best way for an unknown company to have their products discovered here on AC. Fluctuating Ebay prices ain't gonna cut it IMHO.

Other perceptions my vary,,,,, :D

Cheers,
Robin

ooheadsoo

« Reply #203 on: 20 Sep 2008, 01:46 am »
I asked about this - the previously offered units were demos and in prototype chassis.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #204 on: 20 Sep 2008, 01:55 am »
I asked about this - the previously offered units were demos and in prototype chassis.

I remember, I've read this thread as it's progressed,, but they were all listed on EBAY in the exact same format as this latest auction. Nothing was mentioned in the other auctions about demos and in prototype chassis. They were all listed as new. Whatever, it doesn't change my perception. Just stating my opinion as many others already have, it doesn't need to mean anything other than to me. :D

Cheers,
Robin

mcullinan

« Reply #205 on: 20 Sep 2008, 02:06 am »

I remember, I've read this thread as it's progressed,, but they were all listed on EBAY in the exact same format as this latest auction. Nothing was mentioned in the other auctions about demos and in prototype chassis. They were all listed as new. Whatever, it doesn't change my perception. Just stating my opinion as many others already have, it doesn't need to mean anything other than to me. :D

Cheers,
Robin
Stop THE Presses!!! This may be a first, but I 100 percent completely agree with Robin :)
hehe.
Mike

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #206 on: 20 Sep 2008, 02:07 am »

Cheers,
Robin
Stop THE Presses!!! This may be a first, but I 100 percent completely agree with Robin :)
hehe.
Mike

You complete me Mike. :kiss:

SET Man

« Reply #207 on: 20 Sep 2008, 02:18 am »
Hey!

ooheadsoo and Robin, you two are wasting your time on this thread.  :roll:

Why? Well, I've been observing this thread on and off since it first started. And frankly all I've seen on this thread and many other threads from AmpDesigner333 are just "Talk" but so far no "Walk"

I didn't respond until now because I want to give him time to prove himself. But look at it... 1 months and 11 pages later still nothing have been said about the amp itself and the sound of the amp.

As for the amp on eBay, check out the feedback and you will see that one sold for $799.99 with the same "Like New and etc"

So, yes so far he is all about "Talk" but no "Walk" And looking in his site and see that he is in PA not that far from from us here in NY. If he was serious about doing the "Walk" he could have come to the Rave or send the amp to the Rave or to NYAR members. Keep in mind many manufacturers have done this with us NYAR group and some got great success more than others with a lot of feedbacks from real users.

True that I'm not a fan of this type of amp but it is always good to hear new audio. But at this point I no longer interested in hear his amp at all.

Anyway, AmpDesigner333 good luck with your amps. :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

mfsoa

« Reply #208 on: 20 Sep 2008, 02:29 am »
He has been invited to the October Rave and is excited about attending.

As far as letting one go on tour, I haven't heard but I expect we'll get to meet him and hear his amp(s) Oct 25.

-Mike

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #209 on: 20 Sep 2008, 02:31 am »

As far as letting one go on tour, I haven't heard but I expect we'll get to meet him and hear his amp(s) Oct 25.

-Mike

Where's that RAVE being held Mike?

SET Man

« Reply #210 on: 20 Sep 2008, 02:43 am »

-Mike

Hey!

Okay, maybe I've said too soon than, should have wait another month or two and after a few of his amps listed on eBay :D

Let's see than I'm sure that many of you here want to see and hear his amp after all these talk :wink:

BTW... Mike/mfsoa, I won't make it to your Rave again.  :cry:

Take care,

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #211 on: 20 Sep 2008, 03:01 am »

-Mike

Hey!

Okay, maybe I've said too soon than, should have wait another month or two and after a few of his amps listed on eBay :D

Let's see than I'm sure that many of you here want to see and hear his amp after all these talk :wink:

Take care,

Hey Mike, I just scoped out your last years RAVE thread and I'll be there! I now remember you telling me about them VSR VR4JR of yours at a past RAVE and I want to listen to them real bad. :drool: If DAC shows up with a DAC4800A and or Cherry amps, all the better. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
D-Fence, D-Fence, D-Fence...
« Reply #212 on: 20 Sep 2008, 06:06 am »

-Mike

Hey!

Take care,

Hey Mike, I just scoped out your last years RAVE thread and I'll be there! I now remember you telling me about them VSR VR4JR of yours at a past RAVE and I want to listen to them real bad. :drool: If DAC shows up with a DAC4800A and or Cherry amps, all the better. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Robin / all,

OK, I'm back!  Pardon the brief lapse in "defending myself".

All you can do on a message board is talk, so why the "walk the walk" comment?  That's a rhetorical question.

We cater to customers, and we have a 30-day 100% money back guarantee.  If a potential customer can't afford to buy one to try one, they can't afford to buy one, period.

By the way, some new reviews here:
http://www.digitalamp.com/DAC_REVIEWS.htm

I'm waiting to hear more info about the October 25th rave (in NJ) and do plan to attend.  Not sure if I'll bring both models, but will try.

Thanks for reading this thread, and thanks for your interest.

satfrat

• Restricted
Re: D-Fence, D-Fence, D-Fence...
« Reply #213 on: 20 Sep 2008, 06:27 am »

-Mike

Hey!

Take care,

Cheers,
Robin

Robin / all,

OK, I'm back!  Pardon the brief lapse in "defending myself".

All you can do on a message board is talk, so why the "walk the walk" comment?  That's a rhetorical question.

We cater to customers, and we have a 30-day 100% money back guarantee.  If a potential customer can't afford to buy one to try one, they can't afford to buy one, period.

By the way, some new reviews here:
http://www.digitalamp.com/DAC_REVIEWS.htm

I'm waiting to hear more info about the October 25th rave (in NJ) and do plan to attend.  Not sure if I'll bring both models, but will try.

Thanks for reading this thread, and thanks for your interest.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=43029.0

Hi,
From Vermont, it's around a 4.5hr drive for me to Mike/mfsoa. If I can make the effort to attend Mike's october RAVE, I will hope that you will also. Affording your amp isn't the issue here and definitely shouldn't be made an issue for an unknown manufacturer. Exposure should be your issue and so far your only exposure at AudioCircle is from baseless talk as we have no credible DAC customers talking about yur product. You need to do some walking if you want some exposure. Your presence at a NY RAVE would be a step in the right direction as would a product tour. Forming a personal gathering of your own to introduce your amps (as is done by other area manufacturer's) is another idea to establish credibility.

If you want to continue your "we cater to customers only" stance, personally my perception of DAC won't be changing much. Maybe they'll be others that don't mind rolling the dice and pay shipping costs inorder to try an unknown amp,,,,, ya never know. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

pbrstreetgang

« Reply #214 on: 20 Sep 2008, 06:48 am »
Ill be honest, The problem isnt really with credibility its with perceived value of the product. Nobody is shelling out the $3800 when things have shown it can be picked up for $1000. Its a sour taste in the same vein as cable pricing structure. Some products here sell for a bunch and are critically worth the asking, others such as some kits are extremely undervalued. Some others are meh, bring it over and Ill listen. In all these cases we know the justification of price and we determine what we like sonically. Its easy to swallow when you know a kit has 80% of its price in its cost of parts and the manufacturer spends time and effort to get it in front of us. Its wholly another when we know there is $300 bucks worth of B&O modules that many established companies are offering in many different packages and telling us its worth it if only we would pony up.

Not meaning to sound harsh, just as Im sure you didnt mean to sound condescending by suggesting the reason none of us havent had the privilege to hear your fine product because we are simply poor. The song remains the same and the solution is still simple.

jhm731

« Reply #215 on: 20 Sep 2008, 07:52 am »
I can't drive to a Rave in NY, NJ or Tommy's house in PA,  so I shelled out the shipping cost to try a DAC4800A on Tommy's 30-day 100% money back guarantee.

There aren't any "$300 bucks worth of B&O modules" in this amp. Anyone who's look at at the pictures on Tommy's website could tell you this.

If you're not "simple poor," and are in the market for a powerful, cool running amp, I suggest you contact Tommy and arrange for a 30 day trial.

Aloha,

Dan

pbrstreetgang

« Reply #216 on: 20 Sep 2008, 08:49 am »
And you are keeping it right?  aa

pbrstreetgang

« Reply #217 on: 20 Sep 2008, 08:54 am »

There aren't any "$300 bucks worth of B&O modules" in this amp. Anyone who's look at at the pictures on Tommy's website could tell you this.

If you're not "simple poor," and are in the market for a powerful, cool running amp, I suggest you contact Tommy and arrange for a 30 day trial.

Aloha,

Dan

No not really, I see it by what someone else posted on the first page, not on the very informative site. BTW any review or comparison to offer AC?

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #218 on: 20 Sep 2008, 05:03 pm »

Aloha,

Dan

No not really, I see it by what someone else posted on the first page, not on the very informative site. BTW any review or comparison to offer AC?

You took the words right out of my mouth. Afterall, jhm731 is the 1st AC're to have taken the plunge yet we've heard nothing from him but buy, buy, buy. A review of sorts would be nice, a comparsion with any other known amps would be better. Come on jhm731,,,, throw us dogs a bone will ya? :D

Cheers,
Robin

jhm731

« Reply #219 on: 20 Sep 2008, 06:22 pm »

Aloha,

Dan

You took the words right out of my mouth. Afterall, jhm731 is the 1st AC're to have taken the plunge yet we've heard nothing from him but buy, buy, buy. A review of sorts would be nice, a comparsion with any other known amps would be better. Come on jhm731,,,, throw us dogs a bone will ya? :D

Cheers,
Robin

No where in this thread have I said "buy, buy, buy."

I haven't posted any comments on the DAC4800A's sound quality because the only amp I have on hand for comparison, is my Aberdeen Signature TacT S2150, which no one on this website has heard, and I'm sure no one on this website has heard the Gradient Helsinki 1.5 speakers I'm using. Plus, I wanted to give it some burn-in time.

For the moment, all I'll say is I'm impressed enough to wonder what a pair of DAC 1000+ watt monos would do on the 1.5s.

Dan