WR2

rustydoglim

Re: WR2
« Reply #20 on: 21 Mar 2023, 03:36 pm »
If you are restreaming from turntable, the ADC is fine.
However if you have a high end turntable for your stereo system, you should use PRA-9X as the preamp for your phono amp.
WR-2 uses ESS9023.

patmania

« Reply #21 on: 6 Apr 2023, 03:30 pm »
Does the hdmi arc input support CEC so it goes on and off together with your tv if setup on your tv like that? Thanks!

Fenek

« Reply #22 on: 27 Apr 2023, 03:06 pm »
I notice a never seen "special effect" with the WR2: When playing music from qobuz, the music isn´t tuned correct while the first 3 seconds. I checked this by a 1khz test tone, the first 3 seconds i could measure just 990 Hz! So any great concert piano sounds like western style. Is this effect with all WR2 or is this a defect one?

rustydoglim

« Reply #23 on: 1 May 2023, 08:05 am »
We are working on a bug fix for Qobuz and should be updated through App/firmware in the next two weeks.

Fenek

« Reply #24 on: 2 May 2023, 01:13 pm »
 :thumb: :D

MarcoB

« Reply #25 on: 29 Jun 2023, 08:47 pm »
Hi, I'm facing the same exact problem posted by Fenek using Tidal HiFi (CD quality).
This "effect" is not present when Tidal is playing in low resolution mode.

Cheers
Marco

MarcoB

« Reply #26 on: 17 Jul 2023, 07:04 am »
While waiting for any response, I did some more tests:

- Same problem with Qobuz
- Same problem using ethernet cable (on a different network than mine)
- Same problem on a different WR-2 (A WR-2 used in the shop for demo purposes)
- Same problem using a powerbank.

At the moment, the only solution I see is the return of the product.

rustydoglim

« Reply #27 on: 19 Jul 2023, 08:12 am »
We can't reproduce the problem as of today.  So we are advising dealers and support staff to follow this process:
1. Ask the customer to check if it is a WiFi network congestion/performance issue (does the problem persist if connected using an ethernet cable).
2. Send the item back to the dealer.
    a) If the dealer can reproduce the problem, then issue a refund to the customer, and we have to take it back to the factory to figure out the problem. 
    b) if the dealer can not reproduce the problem, it is up to the dealer to decide how to handle it.

MarcoB

« Reply #28 on: 19 Jul 2023, 05:03 pm »
Thank you for your answer.
What you suggested at 2.a is what I've done at the shop using two wr-2 units (one was my unit)
Both connected using an ethernet cable. Same results.
While playing a song (CD quality) the pitch alteration is random (not always at the same mm:ss) while playing a 1khz signal at -10db the pitch variation is always present during the play.
Ok, it's not too exciting listening to a 1khz signal 🙂...anyway..

Thank you.
Cheers
Marco