"Video Games Live" Concert...Looks Like a Cool Idea!!

ajzepp

Has anyone seen this?

http://www.neowin.net/news/video-games-live-concert-review

I played video games pretty intensely from the days of Atari 2600 up through the Nintendo NES, but haven't really been much involved with them since. Apparently a large portion of this show is composed of older school stuff that would likely be familiar to me, though. I just think the concept is very cool  :thumb:

Any of you guys ever been to this show?

TerryWI

Re: "Video Games Live" Concert...Looks Like a Cool Idea!!
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jan 2011, 12:59 am »
I've seen the show twice the past 3 years with my son.  I've never been a video game enthusiast, but completely enjoyed the shows each time.  It made absolutely no difference to my experience that I didn't recognize most of the games.  I could tell by the audience reaction which ones were the classics!  How the local orchestra & choir integrated with the canned videos, lights, graphics and action was at many times amazing.

I read your linked review and it is an accurate account of what we experienced.  If what was written sounds like a good time to you, I don't think you will be disappointed. 

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2011, 12:20 am »
It seems like a blast! i always been a gamer, lover of the older and new stuff.

Im checking the tour dates.

ajzepp

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2011, 01:46 am »
I've seen the show twice the past 3 years with my son.  I've never been a video game enthusiast, but completely enjoyed the shows each time.  It made absolutely no difference to my experience that I didn't recognize most of the games.  I could tell by the audience reaction which ones were the classics!  How the local orchestra & choir integrated with the canned videos, lights, graphics and action was at many times amazing.

I read your linked review and it is an accurate account of what we experienced.  If what was written sounds like a good time to you, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm definitely going to have to check this out now...I really enjoy live music