25% off one item at B&N. Time to get one of those big boxed sets!

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Barnes and Noble is running a 25% off 1 item coupon, y3r3d8t.  This makes it a perfect time to get one of these boxed sets by Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Callas etc.  :thumb:  http://music.barnesandnoble.com/collection.asp?PID=18401&cds2Pid=17405&linkid=1035904

dmatt

Woodsyi,

Thank you for the heads-up.  When I tried to check out, the website told me this discount didn't apply to the Mozart boxed set, although the details of the coupon didn't give me an idea as to why.  Maybe because it is effective today and hasn't made it into the system?

David

dmatt

Duh.  Figured it out.  You have to be a member first.  Well I suppose now is a good time to spend $25.

David

woodsyi

• Volunteer
I tried it on the Bach set and I only got $21 off $125.98.  This is not 25%  :nono:  When I got the Mozart set back in December of 2006 I got $44.62 off making the final cost $87.  I wrote back to B&N.  Let's see what they say. 

dmatt

Same thing happened to me (after I became a member).  I called B&N and they said that the discount is off of the list price, not the internet or member price (explains your Bach situation).  Also, if the member price results in a steeper disscount off of list than the coupon, then the member price applies (which is why if you try the coupon with the Beethoven set, the coupon is rejected.  The internet price is 20% off list and with the 10% member discount, that totals 30% -- more than the 25% coupon discount).

Sneaky.  Still less expensive than buying them at Amazon, even with CA sales tax.

David

FYI, for those that are not members yet, there is a one time 25% discount that can be used as a new member.  Then you can use this discount (per the rules above) to buy another boxed set.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
I got the Beethoven set in January 2008 using a coupon and got $44.10 off making the final cost $85.98.  I wonder if I had anything to do with this policy change.  :shake: