Patricia Barber coming to Seattle Oct. 28th

alwayslearning

« on: 5 Aug 2005, 04:04 pm »
If you're in the Puget Sound, it's time to plan ahead.  
Patricia Barber is doing two shows at the Triple Door on Friday, Oct. 28th. 7:00 pm for all ages & 9:30pm for 21 yrs & older.  $25.00

I imagine the last show will be more dynamic.

I've never heard her live, but I'm ready to enjoy her show.
Disclaimer- I'm in no way associated with Patricia Barber, other than enjoying what she does.

miklorsmith

Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: 5 Aug 2005, 04:09 pm »
The Triple Door is underneath the Wild Ginger restaurant.  Sounds like a great date, I'm on it!!!

Bwanagreg

« Reply #2 on: 5 Aug 2005, 04:12 pm »
You'll enjoy her show. she has a somewhat bizarre stage presence (note her shoes coming off right at the start), but musically she really delivers.

alwayslearning

Shoes coming off?
« Reply #3 on: 5 Aug 2005, 05:23 pm »
I don't get it.  What's with her shoes coming off?  Is she getting loose?  More comfortable?  

Yippee  :lol: for eccentricities!

DARTH AUDIO

« Reply #4 on: 5 Aug 2005, 08:08 pm »
Enjoy the show.. She is killer.. When she's not touring, she's a fixture every Monday night at the Green Mill in Chicago. And it only costs $7.00.

Bwanagreg

« Reply #5 on: 5 Aug 2005, 09:44 pm »
I don't get it. What's with her shoes coming off?

As long as you are not in the first few rows, nothing at all  :lol:

I went with some friends who were a little put off by her style. I thought she was cool. The music is what really matters.

miklorsmith

Bought Mine
« Reply #6 on: 5 Aug 2005, 09:49 pm »
I called the place and they do the ticketing right there.  No "convenience charge" either, $25 total.  Smokin' deal!

dogberry

« Reply #7 on: 6 Aug 2005, 02:03 am »
Patty Barber is AWESOME.  I've seen her Monday night show at the Green Mill at least a dozen times now and I never get tired of her shows.  Sometimes she brings in great guest musicians.  If you like her CDs, you'll dig her live stuff.  I've seen some great improvisations on her tunes and she does some of the best covers in the biz.

If you're ever in Chicago, you must see her hold court at the Green Mill.  And as Darth said, the show is smoke free (a rarity in Chicago) and only $7!