Order updates

Danny Richie

Order updates
« on: 2 Jun 2020, 11:25 pm »
As many of you know the Corona virus has really effected a lot of businesses. And many of our suppliers have not been able to open (because they are located in states that are on lock down), or can't get raw material themselves.

I have been taking all of the inductors that Erse was able to crank out with a single guy coming in and working alone at night winding coils. But he has suffered a knee injury and can't come in. So I was told at least two more weeks on any coils getting made and that's if the governor re-opens the state.

So I placed and order with Solen (in Canada) and took every inductor that they had made in values that I needed. They arrived yesterday and it allowed us to fill a lot of X-LS Encore and Klipsch upgrade back orders. We've already blew through all of those.

Solen had to make the rest of what I wanted (that they didn't have in stock) and it all shipped today. So I will have more in next week at this same time and can get out the remaining X-LS Encore orders.

SW-12-16FR Servo subs have landed. It will take about a week to get them cleared through customs and to my door. So a LOT of open baffle servo sub back orders will go out and I can take and fill any new orders. Production of these were also delayed because of the Corona virus.

We are still waiting for more tube connectors to arrive. We are currently sold out and can't fill any more tube connector orders until the next batch gets here. This batch was made in India and now the tubes and male plugs are pure Copper. And this has been delayed because of the Corona Virus as well.

We are also out of stock on sheets of No Rez. And the projected date to complete my last order is the 15th of this month. This stuff is made in New York and that state has also been shut down. Plus they have not been able to get in the necessary raw materials to make it and so they closed the doors for two weeks. I tried to sweeten the deal and offered to up our order to 1,000 sheets if they knocked it out before they shut down, but they didn't even have the raw materials to make it. So we are going to be delayed in getting out any new orders of No Rez.

As product comes in we have been getting stuff out. We have been averaging shipping out about 15 to 20 orders a day for the last few weeks and a new guy just started with me yesterday. He and my wife filled orders all day long yesterday and it really helped to speed up getting orders out.

We are still piled high over here with orders to get out and they are going out as raw materials arrive. So please be patent with us. The on rush of orders from everyone staying at home plus the sales increases from the Youtube video's really caught us off guard. Growth is good, but a huge amount of it all at once is tough to handle.

I am still holding off answering emails until later in the evening and I have been staying up late answering them every day. I'm getting them answered, but it is making the day really long.

AlexH

Re: Order updates
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jun 2020, 11:34 pm »
Sounds like you are doing everything you can. I am excited to get started on my project but I don't mind waiting.

"Good things come to those who wait."

Thanks for letting us know.

Jaytor

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jun 2020, 12:34 am »
I know exactly how you feel Danny. I run a cycling e-comm business and both cycling and e-comm have really taken off during the pandemic. And of course, many of our suppliers are understaffed or shut down completely so the combination has been a real challenge.

My business is doing very well, unlike many small businesses which are struggling to survive, so I'm certainly not complaining. But it's challenging to meet customer expectations.

I think you are doing a fabulous job keeping your customers apprised of the situation. Kudos to you!

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #3 on: 3 Jun 2020, 02:47 pm »
Danny, I think the time has come to give up sleeping.

Chilkoot

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jun 2020, 03:23 pm »
Danny,
Thanks for the update. I had no idea the challenges out there!

rolyb

• Love my vintage Hi-Fi
    • My IT Business in CH
« Reply #5 on: 4 Jun 2020, 03:05 pm »
Danny,
Thanks for the update. Hard, but can wait ..   :)

Danny Richie

« Reply #6 on: 5 Jun 2020, 02:34 pm »
ETA on more tube connectors is June 26th.

We had a LOT of them made in this production run, and they have been improved.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 5 Jun 2020, 02:37 pm »
That's great news! Im curious to see what the changes/improvements entail?

Danny Richie

« Reply #8 on: 5 Jun 2020, 02:39 pm »
That's great news! Im curious to see what the changes/improvements entail?

A better connection and grip on the male end and the male end is now also high purity Copper.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: 5 Jun 2020, 02:49 pm »
A better connection and grip on the male end and the male end is now also high purity Copper.
Glad to hear! Those sound like some pretty substantial updates!  :thumb:

Captainhemo

« Reply #10 on: 5 Jun 2020, 05:57 pm »
Danny, I think the time has come to give up sleeping.

What's that   ?  :lol:

jay

elias.vazq

« Reply #11 on: 5 Jun 2020, 10:12 pm »
Thanks Danny to put all your effort mainly answering mails.

Danny Richie

« Reply #12 on: 20 Jun 2020, 03:58 pm »
Over half a ton of No Rez arrived this week and we have filled all back orders for it.

We have received inductors from Solen, and Erse and have good stock on almost all values.

The only thing holding up orders currently is our next shipping of Tube Connectors. And it looks like they will be sent out next week. As soon as they arrive we will send out back orders waiting on them.

Again sorry everyone for the delays in our supply chains. The Corona virus is still effecting everything, but things are getting better.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #13 on: 20 Jun 2020, 04:43 pm »
That's great news! I'm glad most of the stock is coming back, and that orders are going out again! Hopefully things continue to progress forward.
I'm excited to see that my order was shipped out last night too, I cant wait for it to arrive next week! :D
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2020, 06:46 pm by Hobbsmeerkat »

Eldergod

« Reply #14 on: 20 Jun 2020, 06:13 pm »
Thanks Danny!

jacabuneb

« Reply #15 on: 23 Jun 2020, 02:31 am »
Thanks for the updates Danny. Any news on Neo10s and NX-Otica mids?

Danny Richie

« Reply #16 on: 23 Jun 2020, 03:44 am »
Thanks for the updates Danny. Any news on Neo10s and NX-Otica mids?

Not at the moment.

Trong

« Reply #17 on: 1 Jul 2020, 03:39 pm »
Hey Danny,
Any word on the tube connectors, and how they are to be sent out? I still haven't received any and I thought they were to be sent on the 26th.

Danny Richie

« Reply #18 on: 1 Jul 2020, 08:54 pm »
Hey Danny,
Any word on the tube connectors, and how they are to be sent out? I still haven't received any and I thought they were to be sent on the 26th.

Today I was notified that they would go out on the 3rd. So it is into next week as of now.

Trong

« Reply #19 on: 2 Jul 2020, 02:58 am »
Thank you for the update. Will they be shopped regular mail? Or other ways?
Happy 4th of July my fellow Americans!