4B Sq. Arrives!

1ZIP

Re: 4B Sq. Arrives!
« Reply #20 on: 24 Apr 2009, 08:50 pm »
I'd have to agree, at least in part, I've never heard classe.  But Mac has a challenge!  I like the Bryston sound because it seems more alive and immediate, Mac is a little to laid back for my tastes.

werd

« Reply #21 on: 24 Apr 2009, 09:42 pm »
I'd have to agree, at least in part, I've never heard classe.  But Mac has a challenge!  I like the Bryston sound because it seems more alive and immediate, Mac is a little to laid back for my tastes.

I really think the B&W's are excellent speakers, I love the engineering and attention to driver material components. Are you going to be using any hard drives sources in the future? From what i am hearing from my bda-1 and my laptop, i have a feeling that Harddrive playback via Bryston/B&W is going to be setup to beat.
Harddrive playback takes it even closer to analogue than ive heard from almost all cd drives. Bryston and B&W are so (like you said more alive and immediate) that the qualities from harddrives will keep it very musical and unstrained. I love listening to computer driven wav files.

rmurray

« Reply #22 on: 24 Apr 2009, 11:21 pm »
Cograts. on the 4b sst2. This is just the info I need to hear to prod me into replacing my st model.! By the way what b&w speakers are you referring to. In the past I've considered the nautalis 803s.  Anyway happy listening ..........rmurray. aa

1ZIP

« Reply #23 on: 25 Apr 2009, 12:44 am »
rmurry:
I have the 805N but I've read good things about the 803, I've also heard that they do take some time to break in.  I'd lust after the 803, but my room is only 12 x 12 and the 803 is a little to much speaker for the room size.  I think you will be happy with the sq. amps.

Werd;

I think the next step is the hard drive, streaming, etc. route but to be frank I've never heard it so don't know what a good system sounds like.  Also not sure if I'd be better off with a BDA-1 or to send the 26 back to Bryston and have the DAC option installed.  More research I guess!

werd

« Reply #24 on: 25 Apr 2009, 07:14 pm »
rmurry:
I have the 805N but I've read good things about the 803, I've also heard that they do take some time to break in.  I'd lust after the 803, but my room is only 12 x 12 and the 803 is a little to much speaker for the room size.  I think you will be happy with the sq. amps.

Werd;

I think the next step is the hard drive, streaming, etc. route but to be frank I've never heard it so don't know what a good system sounds like.  Also not sure if I'd be better off with a BDA-1 or to send the 26 back to Bryston and have the DAC option installed.  More research I guess!

Hey Zip

I would recommend that you get the BDA-1. For the only reason the bda1 i believe has a better power supply layout. I dont think the dac in the bp26 and the bda1 share the same discreet output circuitry either.... By Jame's own admission the bda 1 is so good because of the all analogue discreet circuity and less so than the jus the digital logic. I am not sure if the bp26dac has a usb in also? Just something to consider or look into further.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #25 on: 25 Apr 2009, 07:28 pm »
rmurry:

Werd;

Hey Zip

I would recommend that you get the BDA-1. For the only reason the bda1 i believe has a better power supply layout. I dont think the dac in the bp26 and the bda1 share the same discreet output circuitry either.... By Jame's own admission the bda 1 is so good because of the all analogue discreet circuity and less so than the jus the digital logic. I am not sure if the bp26dac has a usb in also? Just something to consider or look into further.

Hi Guys,

The Preamps/Integrated amps with the DACs have the same discrete gain stages as the BDA-1.  The advantage of the BDA-1 is that it can do native 96/176/192K 24 Bit resolution whereas the digital sections in the preamps and integrated amps are limited to 96/24.

With all the new hi-res file downloads available and many more to come as well as wireless streaming I think long term you will get much more use from the BDA-1.

james
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2009, 08:53 pm by James Tanner »

1ZIP

« Reply #26 on: 26 Apr 2009, 10:00 pm »
Great! Thanks for the info.....a BDA-1 it is!

1oldguy

« Reply #27 on: 18 Jun 2009, 11:55 pm »
Well After reading this tread I am very pleased that a fellow B&W owner loves what the new SQ amps have done for his system.
Now I am even more interested in hearing what it will sound like.Lol only 8 months left and counting or there about's.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #28 on: 18 Jun 2009, 11:59 pm »
Well After reading this tread I am very pleased that a fellow B&W owner loves what the new SQ amps have done for his system.
Now I am even more interested in hearing what it will sound like.Lol only 8 months left and counting or there about's.

Hi 1oldguy,

If I am not being to nosy why the wait?

james

1oldguy

« Reply #29 on: 19 Jun 2009, 01:35 am »
Hi James

Just about to watch an episode of the Incredible hulk and saw your post.
The reason for the wait is that I don't have a pre amplifier.I will only be buying one so I am looking forward to the SP3.It will be my first and last pre amp.