Wireless Speaker Switch... and introduction.

crams1111

Wireless Speaker Switch... and introduction.
« on: 14 Sep 2022, 11:01 am »
Hey there, new to the forum so wanted to send a quick introduction.

Now, onto hifi business!

I'm running BP26 + 3B3 to a set of Middle T's. Mostly vinyl w/ a bit of digital.

Is there a way to put some sort of switch in that would allow me to switch from the Middle T's to a set of wireless speakers in another room?

sfraser

Re: Wireless Speaker Switch... and introduction.
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2022, 05:23 pm »
I am not that familiar with wireless speakers other than Bluetooth speakers i use to  connect to my phone/laptop etc. I am going to make a few assumptions, please correct me if I am wrong. Your wireless speakers communicate via Bluetooth or are of the wifi variant.  I am assuming  they will have a component that will interconnect to your Receiver/preamp/pre-pro etc.  I am guessing they will connect to the "tape-out" outputs? They will convert the line level  output signal to either Bluetooth or a  "MAC/IP over WIFI" signal. Your speakers will have a built in  Bluetooth/WIFI receiver which will then convert the Bluetooth or WIFI data stream back to analog and amplify the signal before presenting it to your speakers. If this is the case, then I don't believe you require a switch box . If your wireless speakers operate in a different fashion , please provide some more information  and/or the make &  model. I sure someone here  can help you out.

Cheers,

Scott