Welcome to Tortuga Audio's Circle!

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Handcrafted high performance audio
    • Tortuga Audio
Welcome to Tortuga Audio's Circle!
« on: 29 Aug 2013, 01:50 pm »
Hi to All!

I'm pleased to announce that Tortuga Audio has joined AudioCircle as an industry sponsor.  :D

We are a small company with big plans and a focus on delivering high value products to the audiophile community. We're currently offering a line of digitally controlled passive preamps that utilize LDRs for attenuation rather than pots, stepped resistors or transformers. We can report that customers and reviewers alike have been very impressed with our LDRx passive preamps.

We believe in open interactive communications with our existing and prospective customers as well as audio enthusiasts who are just curious and want to add to the conversation. To that end, we will be redirecting forum traffic from our website forum to AudioCircle going forward and may eventually retire our website forum altogether.

I look forward to hearing from you and expanding our interactions with the AudioCircle community.

To find out more about Tortuga Audio and its current LDR preamp products I invite you to visit our website/store at: www.tortugaaudio.com

All the best!   :thumb:
Morten

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: Welcome to Tortuga Audio's Circle!
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2013, 01:53 pm »
Welcome Morten!

I think your designs are really cool and wish you the best in your own circle. Hopefully, you will continue to support the DIY'er! :thumb:

Best,
Anand.

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2013, 02:15 pm »
Welcome Morten!

I think your designs are really cool and wish you the best in your own circle. Hopefully, you will continue to support the DIY'er! :thumb:

Best,
Anand.

Thanks Anand and yes, I've every intention of continuing to support the DIY community. For now that means ongoing support for our LDR3x DIY Preamp Controller Board. In the future we may also be offering enclosures etc. but more on that down the road.

Meanwhile our prime focus is on releasing our LDR3B Balanced Passive Preamp built around our existing digitally controlled LDR technology.

Cheers,
Morten

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2013, 03:19 pm »
Will you be at RMAF 2013?

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #4 on: 30 Aug 2013, 03:29 pm »
Will you be at RMAF 2013?

As things stand now probably not. Being a small shop with ambitious development activity underway we're currently buried between developing our next gen products and keeping up with production. But next year for absolute certainly.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 30 Aug 2013, 03:33 pm »
As things stand now probably not. Being a small shop with ambitious development activity underway we're currently buried between developing our next gen products and keeping up with production. But next year for absolute certainly.
OK.  You might want to convince yourself that RMAF would be used for R&D.  Actually, I think you might be surprised how it could help you. 

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #6 on: 30 Aug 2013, 05:48 pm »
Welcome to Audio Circle, Morten.

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #7 on: 30 Aug 2013, 05:58 pm »
Hi Morten:

Welcome to AC!  Thanks for the phone time today.  :thumb:

Regards,

Randy

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #8 on: 31 Aug 2013, 12:41 pm »
Thank you all  for your welcomes, messages and calls. Very glad to be here and look forward to interesting times ahead. - Morten :thumb:

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #9 on: 26 Sep 2013, 02:58 pm »

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: 26 Sep 2013, 03:10 pm »
Check out our September newsletter  :thumb:http://www.tortugaaudio.com/tortuga-audio-newsletter-september-2013/
Nice job!   :thumb:

So what's your background?  Electronics or??  I went to your website and saw the pics of you but it really doesn't tell us about the guy behind the operation.

Care to share? 

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #11 on: 27 Sep 2013, 12:31 pm »
So what's your background?  Electronics or??  I went to your website and saw the pics of you but it really doesn't tell us about the guy behind the operation.
Care to share?

Ever the data hound @jtwrace! :wink:  I'm a mechanical engineer who has always gravitated towards electronics, computers, software and audio even as my day-job took me in other directions. Early on I worked extensively with control systems in the aerospace sector which included some up close and  personal time with cruise missiles, turbo-machinery and aircraft subsystems. I spent quite a bit of time in the energy industry that included engineering, business development, finance and senior management roles. A few years back I was CEO of a solar energy startup that eventually sold its project pipeline to a subsidiary of Sharp. Throughout my career I've continued to work on the side with audio and related technology. For the past few years audio has become my sole focus. I am at heart a hands-on engineer, music lover and life-long audio enthusiast. I'm doing what I'm really good at and have a passion for. On the personal side I have two daughters who are now 25 & 30. When I'm not working (which is all the time!) I play blues guitar and love getting out on the big wet. My idea of the perfect vacation is a week bareboat sailing in the Virgin Islands with my family and friends. Which unfortunately is incompatible with starting up and running a small business. This is starting to sound like an ad on match.com so I'm stopping right here.  :lol:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: 27 Sep 2013, 01:35 pm »
Fantastic thanks!   :thumb:

a.wayne

« Reply #13 on: 7 Oct 2013, 12:56 am »
What about xovers , doing anything apart from the pre's  ...?

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #14 on: 7 Oct 2013, 01:22 pm »
What about xovers , doing anything apart from the pre's  ...?

If you're asking are we thinking of developing active cross-overs the answer is no.

If you're asking are we thinking of developing a multi-channel attenuator to handle bi-amped (2x2), tri-amped (2x3) stereo signals or generally multiple signals from multi-channel DACs then the answer is it's on our list but currently fairly far down the list.

Should it be a higher priority? You guys tell me.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #15 on: 7 Oct 2013, 05:03 pm »
If you're asking are we thinking of developing active cross-overs the answer is no.

If you're asking are we thinking of developing a multi-channel attenuator to handle bi-amped (2x2), tri-amped (2x3) stereo signals or generally multiple signals from multi-channel DACs then the answer is it's on our list but currently fairly far down the list.

Should it be a higher priority? You guys tell me.

Yes, it should be a higher priority  :thumb: But of course, I'm being selfish  :thumb:

Best,
Anand.

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #16 on: 7 Oct 2013, 05:12 pm »
Yes, it should be a higher priority  :thumb: But of course, I'm being selfish  :thumb:

Best,
Anand.

+1

WireNut

« Reply #17 on: 7 Oct 2013, 05:40 pm »
Not sure how to pronounce Tortuga audio correctly. Tort-you-?

« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2013, 04:03 am by WireNut »

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #18 on: 22 Nov 2013, 02:34 pm »
Not sure how to pronounce Tortuga audio correctly. Tort-you-?

Tor (as in door) - 2 (as in two, to, too) - ga (as in Lady Gaga). Yes, that last reference was unfortunate.  :wink:

Spanish for turtle. Named after my lifelong affinity for sea turtles and a fascination with the "Dry Tortugas" 70 miles west of Key West.

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #19 on: 28 Nov 2013, 12:10 am »
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in AudioCircle land!

Cheers!
Morten