Yule B Sorry: fartastical holiday cd giveaway

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
Yule B Sorry: fartastical holiday cd giveaway
« on: 2 Dec 2018, 08:31 pm »

The Roches ‘We Three Kings’.

Just in time to ruin your holidays a fartastical yuletide giveaway: The Roches ‘We Three Kings’ cd. I don’t know what gifts these three Kings brought the Roches but it appears to have been kimchi, turnip and cauliflower casserole and warm BPR. Maggi, Terre and Suzy released some notable cds but this windy offering can’t be included in their number. Troll the ancient yuletide carols indeed. Do you hear what I hear? Speed this recording up just a smidge and you’d have Alvin and the chipmunks. Do you recall a way, way too excited Eydie Gorme on Sleigh Ride? The Roches easily best her here in uncorked fartiness. Inexplicably, ‘Deck the Halls’ takes on a mariachi beat and sounds like someone suffering from paracusia while recovering from a tequila bender/acid trip hangover (not that I would know what that would feel like).

Apparently other Roche fans have a far greater appreciation for this stinkeroo than I and such may be the case for the unlucky weiner/loser who wins this. In fact one AC member actually rates it as his favorite Christmas recording so go figure. Roll over Dean-O, Nat,  Ella, Dinah and der Bingle. Roll over. Wise Men would best advised to look elsewhere because that’s the way the old gas passeth.

Now, as a truly selfless service to the AC community, I decided to sit for one more listening session braced by some stiff dutch courage. When I regained consciousness 7 hours later I found myself on the roof half stuck in the chimney wearing festive red and green boxer shorts, scuba fins and my ‘I Don’t Care, Do Yule?’ jacket. Forewarned weiner/losers is forewarned!

Contest rules are as per usual. Pick a number between 1 - 58. A random number will be generated on 12/16 and the cd mailed post haste to the weiner/looser in plenty of time to have it ruin their holidays. CONUS only please. Residents of DoomTown, Desolation Row and the Tricolor area are ineligible to play. Offer void after midnight in Sectors 5 & 6.

Worst of luck to everyone.
« Last Edit: 9 Dec 2018, 08:08 pm by Kenneth Patchen »

monte

Re: Yule B Sorry: fartastical holiday cd giveaway
« Reply #1 on: 2 Dec 2018, 08:45 pm »

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #2 on: 2 Dec 2018, 08:47 pm »

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #3 on: 2 Dec 2018, 09:54 pm »
Oh, God NO! 
I'm still recovering from Bob Dylan's flatulent croakings from some time ago...
Thank you (?) anyway!

gab

« Reply #4 on: 2 Dec 2018, 10:10 pm »

Branson4020

« Reply #5 on: 2 Dec 2018, 10:22 pm »

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #6 on: 2 Dec 2018, 10:56 pm »

rockadanny

« Reply #7 on: 3 Dec 2018, 06:41 pm »
I am askeered to enter on the off-chance I might "win" again. Caution to the (breaking) wind … lucky number 13 please.

limits

« Reply #8 on: 3 Dec 2018, 08:15 pm »
LOL

limits

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #9 on: 3 Dec 2018, 09:52 pm »
Many Thanks  :scratch:  for this unparalleled offer of generosity KP. Sadly due to recent local regulations on methane limits I am regulated to pass on this fine release. Best wishes for luck to all who choose to play.

ps I think we have a couple of jokers in the deck, but I know yule welcome all & will deal off the top   :wink:

sonofnotredame

« Reply #10 on: 3 Dec 2018, 10:25 pm »

Mudslide

« Reply #11 on: 4 Dec 2018, 12:04 am »
Many Thanks  :scratch:  for this unparalleled offer of generosity KP. Sadly due to recent local regulations on methane limits I am regulated to pass on this fine release. Best wishes for luck to all who choose to play.

ps I think we have a couple of jokers in the deck, but I know yule welcome all & will deal off the top   :wink:

Sadly, I'm in the same continental quadrant as Sir Arthur.  Rules be rules.  But many thanks, Kenneth, for the offering.

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 9 Dec 2018, 03:47 pm »

Warning prospective weiner/losers! Just one more week for you to take a chance on completely ruining your holidays! The random number will be selected next weekend.

My apologies in advance.

Worst of luck to you all.

Meanwhile, a distraction:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=r_jRAJZ9_y0

trianglezerius

« Reply #13 on: 9 Dec 2018, 04:39 pm »

rpf

« Reply #14 on: 9 Dec 2018, 06:15 pm »
I just read this offering. Thanks for the laughs!
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

And the warning...   8)   :thumb:

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
« Reply #15 on: 15 Dec 2018, 04:59 pm »

Just one more day to take a chance on making your holidays miserable; the losing number will be randomly selected tomorrow. Sorry.

Meanwhile, there’s this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok5rOO2v2dU

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 18 Dec 2018, 02:48 pm »
Trianglezerius  it is my unhappy responsibility to let you know the number was 20 and unless I’m wrong you are the unlucky wiener loser. I’ll pm you for a mailing address. My sincere condolences but with the very best hopes and wishes for happy holidays.

KP

rockadanny

« Reply #17 on: 19 Dec 2018, 12:08 am »
Tck, tck, tck ... so sad. Poor old Trianglezerius  :cry: