Hornet Control

Don_S

Hornet Control
« on: 13 Jul 2019, 09:33 pm »
Anybody have good suggestions for large area hornet control?  I have a large front porch (stucco) where hornets like to hang out.  I only found two nests and splatted them with Hot Shot spray. But I need something to spray a larger area where the hornets just land but do not nest.

I would like the area to become toxic to them. But just keeping them away would be a benefit. An aerosol spray would be OK if it covers a large area instead of the focused foam products meant to squirt a relatively long distance.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
Re: Hornet Control
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2019, 10:21 pm »
There is a trap for wasp, hornet's and similar flying critters.  Just check with your favorite vendor be it Thezone,Home Dep or Wallyworld.
Just be aware these are attractant type or bait traps. 

I don't know of a Toxic area spray outside of DDT or similar products and that would be more harmful and probably illegal.  It would probably kill any and all critters and that would create a bigger problem.

You might check with a local exterminator or county extension office.

Tread lightly and carry a big fly smacker thing.

Alan

Don_S

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2019, 11:06 pm »
Alan,

Thank you for the suggestion.  A trap is more acceptable to me than spraying. I was not aware traps were available.  Off to Amazon Smile I go.  :)

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2019, 12:09 am »
Be careful in trap placement as the ATTRACTION  factor.

Alan