NuPrime Driving Electrostatics

peacefulcargo

NuPrime Driving Electrostatics
« on: 16 Jan 2019, 09:39 pm »
Hi  Folks Do any of you use NuPrime  amplifiers to drive Martin Logan ESLs. Thanks

Samoyed

Re: NuPrime Driving Electrostatics
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jan 2019, 10:07 pm »
Contact John Casler, he will know. I’ve read many times they are a very good match.

Mystic Dragon

« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2022, 12:47 pm »
I have a pair of Martin Logan ESL11A and am driving it with a NuPrime ST-10 for now.

I used the ST-10 to drive a pair of Focal Aria 936 a some stage. I think the ST-10 works very well with the Focal 936. A wonderful combination especially with the right DAC.

The ML ESL11A is much more resolving than the Focal 936 and lets you hear everything. May work better with a very smooth amp. Human voices sound more recessed. Mid-range sound a bit thin.

I have not listened to the NuPrime Evolution One. It might be worthwhile to try this with the ESL. 
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2022, 09:26 pm by Mystic Dragon »

Budo

« Reply #3 on: 1 Sep 2022, 08:17 pm »
Hi there, I’m using AMG DAC, AMG PRA and twice AMG STA (mono mode)in combination with ML ESL9 Masterpiece. Wonderfull combo imho.

Mystic Dragon

« Reply #4 on: 17 Sep 2022, 09:25 pm »
Hi there, I’m using AMG DAC, AMG PRA and twice AMG STA (mono mode)in combination with ML ESL9 Masterpiece. Wonderfull combo imho.

Hi Budo. Did you find the the mid-range of the ESL9 with the AMG PRA and AMG STA forward or recessed compared with other amps that you have tried? Thin or rich?